Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What does the blue bar on weapon details panels mean?

Rais3dByWolv3s
I understand that armor gets damaged, and you can see its condition by looking at details. And there's a blue bar showing how much usefulness it has left.

And you can pay a merchant to repair all your armor.

But I'm finding that it doesn't repair my weapons when I do that.

Does the blue bar mean the same thing that it does with armor?

Here's a screenshot of where I have a weapon that's damaged or degraded or something (I guess?)

weapon-panel-00.png

Does that blue bar right under "level 11" mean what I think it means? If so how can I fix the weapon?

Also, is there a way to keep it from getting damaged, or does that just always happen from using it?

Best Answer

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just putting down my explanation, in the hope it makes it even more clear.

Weapons don't break down like armor.
    Weapons can be enchanted with a weaponenchantments that increases it damage (or simular effect like decrease the targets armor). These enchantments are charged and this charge runs out. That is visable with the blue bar. As soon as the bar is empty, the weapon looses that effect.
    You can fix this in two ways
    1: put a new enchantment on it. A new enchantment comes with a new fresh charge. You do this by selecting the weapon and choosing "enchant"
    2: use a filled soulgem to charge the enchantment again. If the soulgem is for the level of the weapon (and so also for the level of the enchantment) it will fully fill it. If it is below the level of the weapon it will partially fill it.

What method to choose?
    This depends on a few things.
    At lower levels you will be running mostly with relative cheap white enchantments. They drop a lot and have little value compared to soulgems.
    At higher levels you likely will put on more lasting chants (e.g. blues). These are considerable more expensive so it is cheaper to not replace it all the time, but use a soulgem.
    Even at lower levels, if you want to level enchantment, it can be better to deconstruct the enchantments that drop. Specially cause the runes that come from it are pretty valueable at the traders.
    further to add, once you level up, you often have a good amount of soulgems left that you can't use anymore to ressurect yourself or others, but are still good to use to charge (eventhough you need more then one to fully charge the weapon).

So use the understanding of the above and your own inventory to judge what is most profitable for you ;)
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
    Answer ✓
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    It indicates how much charge you have left on your weapon - if you right-click the weapon, you can select 'charge' and use a soul gem to refill the bar, or select 'enchant' and enchant it with a different enchant (which will also refill that blue bar, though naturally for the new enchantment)
  • Era
    Era
    Hey Rais

the blue bar is the amount of charge left in the weapon. With the one you have linked the charge of the weapon inflicts shock damage. When it is gone it will no longer do so.

You can recharge by hovering over the weapon and selecting 'charge' (default is F i think on PC). Weapons are charged by consuming soul gems.

Hope that helps

Era
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you get a pwrk to auto charge weapon I'd you have a souls gen and level drops to a set amount.

I'm sure you could do this on Skyrim ?
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Can you get a pwrk to auto charge weapon I'd you have a souls gen and level drops to a set amount.

I'm sure you could do this on Skyrim ?

Can with an addon on PC. Other than that, no
    Similarities to Skyrim are pretty superficial here, since a single player game and mmo are different beasts.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Rais3dByWolv3s
    Thanks a lot for the help everyone. I didn't realize weapons had to be charged.

I've found an NPC that sells empty soul gems. Ok, so far so good.

And I've figured out that if I hit a non-sentient creature with Soul Splitting Trap it fills an empty soul gem in my possession.

I'm wondering, do I have to deliver the killing blow with Soul Splitting Trap, or is it enough just to hit the enemy with it once during the fight?