The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Cant log in right now!

• DARKNESSCHAINED
    Kemba wrote: »
    teaguewh wrote: »
    How about providing all of us some in game compensation for all the BS we've gone through?

The classic and unbelievably ridiculous request. Their servers are, on a regular basis, accepting thousands of connections every minute. They have to deal with PC servers, Xbox servers and playstation servers simultaneously. All of the "BS" we have to go through consists of waiting for a few hours, maximum. What about that deserves compensation? What do you want, a pat on the head and a cookie, and maybe a "Good job, you can wait for a short amount of time in return for days on end of access to enjoying the game!"? Try having some patience, and don't think so highly of yourself. Our "Compensation" is being able to play the game while it is up and running, which I will remind you, is significantly more often than it's down.

Hell, it wouldn't kill 'em! I mean, what's to lose in an attempt to display SOME sense of gratitude for patience time and time again?
    Edited by DARKNESSCHAINED on July 9, 2015 9:12PM
    The truth is always a threat to evil men.
    Options
  • TheRealLP
    TheRealLP
    Evelmike wrote: »
    This game has only been out for a month on this platform. I'm happy I'm able to play as much as I am. I remember when WoW launched, and it was basically unplayable for a good long while due to server crashes and login queues.

Take your time, ZOS. We'll live.

Nearly every major game that is released has sever problems for the first few months. It's just the nature of the business. By now, you would think that everyone should expect this to happen. It's not an exact science.

SimCity launched and TANKED with EA
    Call of Duty servers TANKED with Activision (on EVERY release)
    ESO:TU servers weren't up to the pressure.

It's just the nature of the business. For those people that don't like it, well, stick to another game for the first 6 months and you will have less of a chance of dealing with it. :)
    Options
  • Kissmeplz
    Kissmeplz
    maybe I shoulda chosen the EU server, cause it seems to have less problems
    Options
  • Kemba
    Kemba
    How about providing all of us some in game compensation for all the BS we've gone through?

The classic and unbelievably ridiculous request. Their servers are, on a regular basis, accepting thousands of connections every minute. They have to deal with PC servers, Xbox servers and playstation servers simultaneously. All of the "BS" we have to go through consists of waiting for a few hours, maximum. What about that deserves compensation? What do you want, a pat on the head and a cookie, and maybe a "Good job, you can wait for a short amount of time in return for days on end of access to enjoying the game!"? Try having some patience, and don't think so highly of yourself. Our "Compensation" is being able to play the game while it is up and running, which I will remind you, is significantly more often than it's down.

Hell, it wouldn't kill 'em! I mean, what's to lose in an attempt to display SOME sense of gratitude for patience time and time again?

Their gratitude is you being able to play the game. For that matter, where is your patience? Everyone comes on here and demands some absurd notion of compensation because the game is down for four hours out of every week. That's not patience, that's ridiculous. Why should they have to give us anything more than they've already given us?
    "Derad shanvasajijri, shijoh, krimir." Rid-T'har Ji'Arak
    Options
  • DeputyDong003
    DeputyDong003
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here. :(
    Options
  • strengthandbones
    strengthandbones
    Soul Shriven
    Still having the same issue, connection to server timed out. Did a hard reset twice, including my router, then popped in here to discover I'm not the only one. Looks like I'll be reading a book for a little while. Lol.
    Options
  • Evelmike
    Evelmike
    ✭✭
    TheRealLP wrote: »
    This game has only been out for a month on this platform. I'm happy I'm able to play as much as I am. I remember when WoW launched, and it was basically unplayable for a good long while due to server crashes and login queues.

Take your time, ZOS. We'll live.

Nearly every major game that is released has sever problems for the first few months. It's just the nature of the business. By now, you would think that everyone should expect this to happen. It's not an exact science.

SimCity launched and TANKED with EA
    Call of Duty servers TANKED with Activision (on EVERY release)
    ESO:TU servers weren't up to the pressure.

It's just the nature of the business. For those people that don't like it, well, stick to another game for the first 6 months and you will have less of a chance of dealing with it. :)

Exactly. I've been playing MMOs since Meridian 59. I have seen some real train wreck launches. Most, if not all, suffer from this kind of thing for the first few months. I'm OK with that, too. It helps weed out some of the whiners. ;)
    There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary, and those who do not.
    Options
  • Narcolepticz
    Some of you children are thirsty af for that ambassador title. Just get the server back to normal so I can grind my last 3 VR levels in the lag filled Alik'r desert. Thanks in advance
    Options
  • Kemba
    Kemba
    Perhaps we can all get a 20 slot bag or bank upgrade as compensation for our time swearing at our Xbox Ones?

I refer you to my earlier post;

Wow.....you really put some thought into that. My reply to you madame, is such...go play on the freeway during rush hour. My "compensation" request was but a joke. I want nor expect anything. Perhaps you might take that into consideration before you post some random slew of garbage my way. Thank you for your time....

Good day madame

Oh, that makes sense.

It's okay for you to post crap that's irrelevant, but it's not okay for me to respond with a thought-out and constructed response? It's okay for you and every other person in the universe to demand "compensation", joking or otherwise, for a minor inconvenience, but it's not okay for me to call you out on it?

I get it.
    Options
  • Stewiestoney
    Perhaps we can all get a 20 slot bag or bank upgrade as compensation for our time swearing at our Xbox Ones?

Wow.....you really put some thought into that. My reply to you madame, is such...go play on the freeway during rush hour. My "compensation" request was but a joke. I want nor expect anything. Perhaps you might take that into consideration before you post some random slew of garbage my way. Thank you for your time....

Good day madame

Oh, that makes sense.

It's okay for you to post crap that's irrelevant, but it's not okay for me to respond with a thought-out and constructed response? It's okay for you and every other person in the universe to demand "compensation", joking or otherwise, for a minor inconvenience, but it's not okay for me to call you out on it?

I get it.

I SAID GOOD DAY!!
    Options
  • DARKNESSCHAINED

Their gratitude is you being able to play the game. For that matter, where is your patience? Everyone comes on here and demands some absurd notion of compensation because the game is down for four hours out of every week. That's not patience, that's ridiculous. Why should they have to give us anything more than they've already given us?

First, being able to play the game is marketing; Completely irrelevant to the topic of gratitude. Second, no demand was made. In your words it was: "Classic and unbelievably ridiculous REQUEST". Third, they should give us what we paid for and if what was provided in transaction is not being delivered, it's a breech and therefore considered, especially in this case, false advertisement. You are the only one here using the words "demand" and "should". It was simply a request just as you initially stated in your response.
    Options
  • Evelmike
    Evelmike
    ✭✭

Good day madame

Oh, that makes sense.

I get it.

Remember, this is the internet. This is no place for logic and reason.
    There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary, and those who do not.
    Options
  • lysylya
    lysylya
    ✭✭
    In general, I've been content with the connectivity.

However, I would appreciate some idea of approximately how long we'd have to wait for the login issue to be resolved.
    Under 30 minutes?
    Under 1 hour?
    Under 2 hours?
    Under 12 hours?
    Under 24 hours?
    Under 72 hours?
    Options
  • bigshotfancypants
    bigshotfancypants
    Soul Shriven
    I have moved on to playing a different game its been hours of waiting for the north american server
    Options
  • pasteistasty
    [quote="Stewiestone

Good day madame[/quote]

Keep back pedaling you'll get out soon
    Options
  • Evelmike
    Evelmike
    ✭✭
    lysylya wrote: »

However, I would appreciate some idea of approximately how long we'd have to wait for the login issue to be resolved.
    Under 30 minutes?
    Under 1 hour?
    Under 2 hours?
    Under 12 hours?
    Under 24 hours?
    Under 72 hours?

I'm fairly sure that if they had some idea of the time frame, they would throw us a bone. It's irresponsible to simply guess. Once they know what the cause of the issue is, they can start to formulate a fix action, and should have an idea of some kind of ETA.
    Options
  • Stewiestoney

First, being able to play the game is marketing; Completely irrelevant to the topic of gratitude. Second, no demand was made. In your words it was: "Classic and unbelievably ridiculous REQUEST". Third, they should give us what we paid for and if what was provided in transaction is not being delivered, it's a breech and therefore considered, especially in this case, false advertisement. You are the only one here using the words "demand" and "should". It was simply a request just as you initially stated in your response.

Wow, thats funny....this comment makes a lot of sense. Funny. Nice very nice indeed.

Good day fine sir
    Options
  • TheRealLP
    TheRealLP
    Alright guys, time to cool the tempers. It's just a game. It's just a bug with the servers. Absolutely no need for this type of discussion. Just agree to disagree (or just ignore each other. That works for me 105% of the time) and move on.

@Evelmike - Agreed! I've done my fair share of gaming as well as working with a few publishers and developers and other companies in the gaming industries and I have seen some horrible train wrecks that could have been avoided. But, in the end it was for the best. It fixed issues that were sure to arise later and also weeded out those that just didn't care.
    Options
  • Mucci
    Mucci
    Soul Shriven
    Rofl if they dont hurry ill have to untie them soon lol
    Options
  • Kemba
    Kemba
    My favorite part is that everybody thinks that they're entitled to play the game 24/7 no matter what. I would assume that they've never played an MMO before?...

Either way, when the game is up 90% of the time, I'm pretty sure they're not "breaching" their contract. Get over it, and just wait for them to fix it. I am frequently surprised by the absolute lack of respect people have.
    Options
  • Ticlet
    Ticlet
    Soul Shriven
    If they knew, they would be godlike, its time to be with real life people till its fixed.
    Options
  • TheRealLP
    TheRealLP
    Remember, this is the internet. This is no place for logic and reason.

Unless you are Spock. Then there is always a place for logic and reason.

Under 30 minutes?
    Under 1 hour?
    Under 2 hours?
    Under 12 hours?
    Under 24 hours?
    Under 72 hours?

I personally have been trying to login for over an hour and a half. However, they stated there is no ETA yet as they are still trying to figure out the root cause of this error. Once they have a solid estimate, I'm sure we will get an update.
    Edited by TheRealLP on July 9, 2015 9:27PM
    Options
  • benss1225@aim.com
    Thanks for the update! Keep it up!
    Options
  • Evelmike
    Evelmike
    ✭✭
    My favorite part is that everybody thinks that they're entitled to play the game 24/7 no matter what. I would assume that they've never played an MMO before?...

Either way, when the game is up 90% of the time, I'm pretty sure they're not "breaching" their contract. Get over it, and just wait for them to fix it. I am frequently surprised by the absolute lack of respect people have.

Yep. It's quite sad, really. A little bit of respect and understanding goes a long way, but folks just seem to lose their patience at the drop of a hat.
    Options
  • DARKNESSCHAINED

Wow, thats funny....this comment makes a lot of sense. Funny. Nice very nice indeed.

Good day fine sir

Coming from an individual that appears to utilize poor grammar and misinterpretation as well as misquote I am not surprised even the slightest. In fact, I chuckled a bit.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We know everyone is frustrated and are anxious to get back in-game, but please do not resort to personal insults. Doing so isn't going to make anything better.

With that said, we will be performing some maintenance on the Xbox One NA megaserver momentarily (those of you currently logged in will not be kicked out). You will see a different error message once this happens and you attempt to log in - this is intended. We'll provide an ETA as soon as we can.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • pasteistasty
    Thank u
    Options
  • Kissmeplz
    Kissmeplz
    Took me almost 3 weeks to install the game, cost me an extra $90 to buy the additional download space to finish the patch, my maths is pretty good I think that means so far just to start the game its cost me a little over $200. I can understand connection issues and the odd patch or two (usually a few 100 meg in size maybe?) But to sell a game disk with only half (probably less) of the game on it? Then insist on a 15 gig starting patch? To then have other issues on top of that? Hmm a little compensation would not go astray at at I would think. Others can kiss arse as much as they want, but from a consumers point of view, this game though alot of fun has started off worse than any mmo I have played in the past...
    Options
  • lysylya
    lysylya
    ✭✭
    TheRealLP wrote: »

Under 30 minutes?
    Under 1 hour?
    Under 2 hours?
    Under 12 hours?
    Under 24 hours?
    Under 72 hours?

I personally have been trying to login for over an hour and a half. However, they stated there is no ETA yet as they are still trying to figure out the root cause of this error. Once they have a solid estimate, I'm sure we will get an update.

Understood, but that's why there should be some order of magnitude of approximation in terms of service provision.
    It's understood that it won't be a 10 minute fix by now, since it's been 90 minutes plus, but it would be useful for the user body to have enough information to make real-life plans in the interim, rather than many hitting the server continuously.

They have had some information known to them for a while, and it would be courteous to the user-body to provide a slightly more detailed update - even if it's a gross approximation.
    Options
  • Evelmike
    Evelmike
    ✭✭
    We know everyone is frustrated and are anxious to get back in-game, but please do not resort to personal insults. Doing so isn't going to make anything better.

With that said, we will be performing some maintenance on the Xbox One NA megaserver momentarily (those of you currently logged in will not be kicked out). You will see a different error message once this happens and you attempt to log in - this is intended. We'll provide an ETA as soon as we can.

Thanks again. Let the team know we appreciate the efforts! :)
    Options