Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is the best class overall? and why?

• SecretSurprise
    My sorcerer is having a really hard time to progress past level 48. It is stuck trying to complete the level 40 main quest involving killing Mannimarco. Killing monsters that I can find under this condition don't bring experience anymore. So, unless you are sadistic, or that you have strange idea about what is supposed to be a "game" that has no more path available to your character, AVOID sorcerer.

Hardly, I have a V1 Sorcerer and managed to kill Mannimarco and Molag Bal first try and without difficulty. It all comes down to how you grow your character and skill it. For instance, I decided to invest my Attribute Points into Magicka, because my defense was all spell based. In other words, I relied heavily on the daedric summoning skill line. So, if you want to build a powerful mage who hits hard, but can also survive heavy attacks, you get the bound armor and ward in the Daedric Summoning line. At V1 sorcerer my bound armor adds 1000 armor and spell resistance, and bound armor is permanently bound unless dispelled.
    I also used the ward to shield myself from heavy attacks, it lasts 20 secs and shields you and your pets, but it added another 800 to 1000 protection from attacks, so I cast it every time an enemy is about to unleash a heavy attack or just have it active every moment I can; you're basically invincible for a period of time. These two together, can make you an extremely durable sorcerer, and you pretty much kill things in two or one hits, so it's very effective.

As for lvling, I relied on the daedric summoning skills, and I used Impulse (aoe destruction skill line) which I used to aoe zombies, and I went from 40 to veteran 1 in one day, and I'm sure it was a lot less too, probably four hours.

And btw, I did this all on my own without much heals.

@SecretSurprise‌
    Veteran 1 Sorcerer
  • gurneyhalleck00
    I'm not sure one can go wrong if they are careful and intentional about where they put skill points. Then it's all about rotations that utilize either magika, stamina or health well....

I'm running an imperial templar using a bow as a main and staff as secondary. I know seems kinda crazy but I'm able to go between magika and stamina to deliver hefty blows or self heal. I've loaded up on magika and stamina and utilize eating food for added health.....so far i've done ok.
    The future is an illusion
  • deadlykitten6
    I love my sorc I finished main quest and got to silver at 49 have had no problems with it really i respected 2 times total just because i tried some new skills found what works good our healer is really good for dungeons and the shields help so i dont die often. I have realized that food potions shields and sets of armour are really important when you hit vet rank i have the sorc set and the warlock set on. I do love a magic build think its definetly a personal preference I know our healer loves his character and our tank loves his to so i guess figure out what you like to do and build to have most fun you can in game
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    NecromancerCover_Springborg.jpg
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    (Nice signature, @OzJohnD) and agreed, nice (2nd) rez.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS