Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade Armour set help

LotusBladedancer
I am currently levelling a med armour wearing stamina NB assassin build (basically attacking from stealth to maximise damage) and wondering what armour/sets people would recommend? Crit? Weapon damage? Stamina boost?

As I am a new player, all advice appreciated.

• Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    Critical damage/chance is your friend, as is weapon damage. I'd recommend going with Hunding's Rage if you researched enough traits to craft it. If not, Night's Silence and Ashen Grip are two very good alternatives. Medium armor will benefit you stamina-wise greatly, though you may want a piece or two of heavy/light for health/magicka.

Max your stamina with enchants, and find a mundus stone that increases either weapon damage, weapon crit damage, or weapon crit chance.
  • LotusBladedancer
    Or just roll a magic DK like everyone (especially in pvp) seems to be :-(
  • Sighlynce
    Sighlynce
    ✭✭✭
    I use 5 Hundings Rage and 3 Ashen Grip (both weapons are HG). Before I had the 6 traits for Hundings Rage, I used 5 Ashen Grip and 3 Nights Silence (both weapons AG) . Really depends on which bonus you want ! I liked the fiery breath :D !
    "What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • cerf
    cerf
    What kind of weapon are you using?

I put a lot of skill points into medium armor to boost critical hit rating and I also use a bow so I put points into critical on that too. I usually wear armor that boosts armor rating and either stamina or magicka since I also use siphoning a lot to regain health. My points are pretty split on stamina and magicka.
    PSN: sifuhoot
  • LotusBladedancer
    I'm using 2Hander and dual wield for the weapons...
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each of my 7 pieces have stamina buffs (several with reduced cost).

Crit hit doesn't mean a thing if you run out of steam to deliver it.

Don't forget to enchant your weapons, too. Armor and Shield penetration is extremely helpful.

Note this is just how I play. You may want to try a few things out and adjust on your play style.

None of this would be possible if I didn't heavily invest in Assassination (which gives me crit hit support, and why I don't use glyphs for it).