Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veteran 2 is too hard to kill elites!

gtzempe_PAO_13
Hello everybody. im playing nightblade wood elf with bow and dual wield. Everything was playable or too easy sometimes while leveling but when i got rank 2 the game were too difficult (mainly with elites) and im thinking for first time to craft a stamina set.... what is your opinion?? on the other side vr2 set will be useless on vr4+ . dont know what to do... if you have a build to recommend or something tell me to know. thnx!!!
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people think the game is too easy, then they get into vet ranks and find out that the difficulty suddenly skyrockets compared to what they're used to (granted, it's not nearly as bad as it used to be).

At vet ranks you really have to use more strategy in combat, you cant just blast through everything like you're used to doing. You must interrupt spells/casts, you must block heavy attacks, so on and so forth. It's basic stuff, but people get too used to not having to bother with the combat mechanics while they go 1-50, but consider that 1-50 is really just training you for the veteran ranks.

You also need to make greater use of crowd control on groups that you cant AoE down. You can use agony for this as a nightblade. Cripple will also help you kite tougher melee enemies. Be sure to use venom arrow to interrupt spells at range.

At vet levels you're going to be crafting new gear each rank, rather than every few levels like you're used to. It takes about the same amount of time to go from V1 to V2, and then V2 to V3, as it does to level from 30-40, or 40-50. If you're used to replacing sets every 10 levels, you're going to have a hard time when you need to do it every level or every 2 levels in veteran zones. I prefer to make new gear every other level (V1, V3, V4, V6, V7, V9, V10, V12, etc.) to save on materials, particularly on tempers/resins.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My VR5 nightblade (bow and dual wield) is doing just fine and can easily solo world bosses and dolmens at level.

I have stacked all points into health (21k+ right now) and use a mix of crafted and dropped armor/weapon sets, all of blue color.

I'm running full medium armor will all enchants into stamina and stamina regen.
    :smile:
    Edited by SirAndy on July 4, 2015 2:59AM
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    My VR5 nightblade (bow and dual wield) is doing just fine and can easily solo world bosses and dolmens at level.

I have stacked all points into health (21k+ right now) and use a mix of crafted and dropped armor/weapon sets, all of blue color.

You havent put all in health 20k is the standed health for vets bar tanks
  • gtzempe_PAO_13
    thnx for your answers guys!!!

@Lynx7386 the game is too hard...i agree! i need to craft set every veteran rank?? i ll try....

@SirAndy can you tell me the build you use for npcs?? any crafting set recommendations???
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to craft for each rank. Just craft for each "crafting material level" For example Topgrain Hide, Iron hide, Superb Hide etc. Means every 2 or 3 ranks. This one is optimal.

But you really don't need to follow the optimal. I did craft in every 5 ranks, so v1-v5-v10 and finally v14 and it was totally fine. Maybe you can craft one more at v12 if you do daily pledges etc.

You can change your build and skills time to time. Some builds are better for some particular encounters(ie boss fights) some not.
    Edited by Soris on July 4, 2015 12:22PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Eucken
    Eucken
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree with @Soris you don't need to craft a new set every 2 vet levels. And makeing a blue set should cost you not much more then 1,5k per item and thats including enchantments. If you have upgrade materials because you are a crafter yourself then the costs becomes close to 0.

And 12k for a level set which you upgrade once or twice really isn't that much ... heck a stack of potions at vr 14 can be more expencive
  • gtzempe_PAO_13
    Thnx guys! 2-3 levels left till 25 clothing to craft rank1 set. I ll be back after craft to tell my impressions....
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dunno, I feel like that difficulty needs to kick in after noob island is completed.
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • James2914
    James2914
    I've not quite reached veteran rank yet, but to me 1-42 so far is way to easy. The only thing keeping me going is knowing the game will become more of a challenge at veteran ranks. Embrace the difficulty mate, games are meant to be hard, that's the point. Fully learning the mechanics, knowing when to block and interrupt. It's all part of the fun and will no doubt make you a much better player.

It's people complaining the game's too hard that destroys it for other people. The same thing happened to World of Warcraft which is one of the reason I left. Again, embrace to challenge!
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could increase your damage by wearing a full Ravaging set, they come in v1 and you can wear it till you hit v6-v7.

3 Ravager jewelry and 2 Ravager armor pieces, it is heavy armor but you get to craft a full set of Hundings Rage in medium armor to go with it. Best combinaton for low vet ranked stamina players. Upgrade the ravager to purple, and the Hundings Rage to blue or purple as well.

Depending on what your mundus stone is, if it is Thief or Shadow then choose reinforced or infused trait for your Hundings Rage pieces. If it is the Tower, then put on divine on all pieces.

You're only v2, don't go for 20k health, v14's do that. You can put some attributes into health, slot Structured Entrophy on both bars to increase your health with 8% and make sure to put your home campaign in cyrodiil to a campaign that is dominated by your allience - so you get pvp buffs and emperorship bonus. 14k - 15k max health is more than plenty for your level.

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe in cyrodill were you get a 5k bonus..
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @chevalierknight
    Yes i have. 53 points in health at VR5. No other health buffs (besides food) because i'm not tanking.
    All my gear is enchanted to buff stamina, with a clear focus on regen.

Stats as shown are from PvE, not Cyrodiil ...
    shades.gif

post-2-1436121157.png
    Edited by SirAndy on July 5, 2015 7:18PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SirAndy can you tell me the build you use for npcs?? any crafting set recommendations???

Here are some details:

Character
    - Wood Elf Nightblade, 23% in combat stamina regen bonus
    - Werewolf, 15% in combat stamina regen bonus

Armor sets
    - "Shadows" set, 5 pieces, "Blood Frenzy" triggers with your ultimate
    - "Night's Silence" set, 4 pieces (DW), stam, stam regen, weapon critical
    - "Kyne's Flight" set, 3 pieces (Bow), stam regen, weapon critical

Weapons
    - Dual Wield: "Night's Silence", two sharpened maces, one with fire enchant, one with disease enchant
    - Bow: "Kyne's Flight" powered bow, fire enchant

Skills
    - DW normal mobs: Mass Hysteria, Swallow Soul, Blinding Flurry, Steel Tornado, Elude or sometimes Flying Blade
    - DW daedra/undead: Mass Hysteria, Swallow Soul, Blinding Flurry, Silver Shards, Camouflaged Hunter
    - Bow: Lethal Arrow, Swallow Soul, Poison Injection, Draining Shot, Shadowy Disguise
    - Ultimate for all of the above: "Incapacitating Strike"

"Blood Frenzy" from the Shadows set is a great life saver during longer solo battles. It triggers with use of your ultimate and "Incapacitating Strike" only costs 50 ultimate points which means i can practically spam this continuously.
    Also, blood frenzy procs at least 95% of the time for a whopping 8k of health recovery instead of the 4.7k normally.
    ninja.gif

post-2-1436123664.png
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    @chevalierknight
    Yes i have. 53 points in health at VR5. No other health buffs (besides food) because i'm not tanking.
    All my gear is enchanted to buff stamina, with a clear focus on regen.

Stats as shown are from PvE, not Cyrodiil ...
    shades.gif

post-2-1436121157.png
    that build sucks i have 20 in health and have 21k and i have more stam
    Edited by chevalierknight on July 5, 2015 8:14PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that build sucks
    No, it doesn't suck at all, it's a lot of fun to play in both PvE and PvP.
    shades.gif
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vampires suck ... because they are supposed to !

Nosferatu-the-Vampyre-010.jpg
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    that build sucks
    No, it doesn't suck at all, it's a lot of fun to play in both PvE and PvP.
    shades.gif

Doing less damage sure lol and swim speed op
    Edited by chevalierknight on July 5, 2015 10:37PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing less damage sure lol and swim speed op
    Ain't all about max numbers, but i have the feeling that trying to explain that to you might be a lost cause.

If you look closely at my character sheet you might notice something which would give you a hint to my playstyle and why this build actually works really well ...
    rolleyes.gif
  • gtzempe_PAO_13
    thnx for your help @SirAndy ... tried to play with more defensive skills and worked for me. im playing normally but not easily right now with some blue items on VR3 without crafted set yet! I can craft night silence (2 traits) than Hundings Rage (6 traits) but im not too far from VR4 and dont know what to do! i mean new mats, better set etc. in the other hand im farming a lot but set items drop rate seems too low... maybe need to start farm group dungeons.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thnx for your help @SirAndy ... tried to play with more defensive skills and worked for me. im playing normally but not easily right now with some blue items on VR3 without crafted set yet! I can craft night silence (2 traits) than Hundings Rage (6 traits) but im not too far from VR4 and dont know what to do! i mean new mats, better set etc. in the other hand im farming a lot but set items drop rate seems too low... maybe need to start farm group dungeons.
    It really helps to be part of one or more active guilds. I belong to 3 very active large guilds and there's always plenty of gear in the guild bank or guild store.

Anything group related (dungeons, pledges, trials etc.) will help with the odds of getting good set gear, but in the meantime, look around for craftable sets that suit your needs. You don't really need to go beyond blue quality at this point so mats shouldn't be too much of an issue.
    Also don't forget that you can improve dropped sets if they're white or green quality and even change the enchantments if needed.
    Edited by SirAndy on July 7, 2015 3:26AM
  • Pman85
    Pman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    it sounds like the op is doing bow & d/w as a magika build.

try doing some reasearch into the NB stam builds. There is a reason why every NB is stam lol.
    Guildmaster - Order of Stendarr [XB1] - Apply today!

Brought to you by Fishy Joe's....Ride the walrus!

• demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    VR can be tricky, yea. It definitely makes you humble. But hey, you'll figure out what to do.
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • Pman85
    Pman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a NB on PC, and i found that my NB didnt really get super strong UNTIL the vet ranks. As a NB if you are having trouble staying alive, keep a healing staff as your back up weapon. and having strong stam abilites can go a loooong way.
    Guildmaster - Order of Stendarr [XB1] - Apply today!

Brought to you by Fishy Joe's....Ride the walrus!

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    and once you think you have got it, you will wander into Craglorn and have another heart sink moment
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend