The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Beginner's Guide - A work in progress

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hauztein wrote: »
    Hello! Crafting videos really helped me, thanks... Just a question... Spell penetration traits, like nirns, work for class skills? Class skills are spells right? Surprise attack or ambush from NB in example.

Just an idea for a new video: PvP in Cyrodiil... I dont understand how alliance works, how attacks and defense works, elder scrolls and towers, castles, and all the things you need to do to win, become emperor etc... Its very difficult for someone new to eso, and even new to mmo, understand. People enter Cyrodiil and fight with people without a clue of what is going on about the alliances war.

Cheers!

That kind of crosses the line into actual builds - at which I'm not the most knowledgeable.. so take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt, because there is very much likely the possibility I am wrong.

With that said, as I understand, any spell penetration raising trait should help with any skill that uses magicka. Some class skills have a morph that uses stamina, so I think those would NOT work (I don't have a NB so not sure of the skills you mentioned). @Shunravi or @Rosveen or @PBpsy I see you guys around sometimes helping with skills, can you clear this up?

PvP is also not my cup of tea, but I could make a video on the real basics. It would be more like "how to buy, slot and use siege" and not "the best places to place/use siege", as well cover the fact walls/doors need repairing, how to do that etc. I actually may look into something like this. @Hauztein I saw 2 pretty nice beginner PvP guides in the forums, when I have a minute I will dig them up and link them for you.

And thank you very much @CuteLilBunny. If you have any suggestions for any guides you like to see, be sure to let me know!
    Edited by MissBizz on June 16, 2015 3:21PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Hauztein
    Hauztein
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Hauztein wrote: »
    Hello! Crafting videos really helped me, thanks... Just a question... Spell penetration traits, like nirns, work for class skills? Class skills are spells right? Surprise attack or ambush from NB in example.

Just an idea for a new video: PvP in Cyrodiil... I dont understand how alliance works, how attacks and defense works, elder scrolls and towers, castles, and all the things you need to do to win, become emperor etc... Its very difficult for someone new to eso, and even new to mmo, understand. People enter Cyrodiil and fight with people without a clue of what is going on about the alliances war.

Cheers!

That kind of crosses the line into actual builds - at which I'm not the most knowledgeable.. so take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt, because there is very much likely the possibility I am wrong.

With that said, as I understand, any spell penetration raising trait should help with any skill that uses magicka. Some class skills have a morph that uses stamina, so I think those would NOT work (I don't have a NB so not sure of the skills you mentioned). @Shunravi or @Rosveen or @PBpsy I see you guys around sometimes helping with skills, can you clear this up?

PvP is also not my cup of tea, but I could make a video on the real basics. It would be more like "how to buy, slot and use siege" and not "the best places to place/use siege", as well cover the fact walls/doors need repairing, how to do that etc. I actually may look into something like this. @Hauztein I saw 2 pretty nice beginner PvP guides in the forums, when I have a minute I will dig them up and link them for you.

And thank you very much @CuteLilBunny. If you have any suggestions for any guides you like to see, be sure to let me know!

Thank you very much... about the PvP, i think many people need to be guided on the basics about maps and rules... when i enter cyrodiil i feel myself lost. Dont know where to go, what to do, who to follow... how to deal with group play, if need to join a group or not, how to earn points, how campaign works. Strategy is another thing... beginners need to know how it works. Thank you!!
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think MissBizz is correct, but I'm afraid I'm also not an expert. As for the skills mentioned (Ambush and Surprise Attack), they're both stamina-based. Pay attention when you morph your skills, there are a few more stamina options: Killer's Blade and Power Extraction for nightblades, but also a few in dragonknight and templar trees. It all gets more interesting when you dive into the Champion System with skills like Poison Injection, which has a physical damage and poison damage components affected by different passives.

Here's something to get you started in PvP:
    PVP walkthrough for new players as of June 2015
    Surviving Cyrodiil - How to (hopefully) die less often
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options