Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

You sell this as an MMO yet your bugged system makes it hard to dungeon with other random players

Bleach
Bleach
I have spent a looooong time queuing tonight for starter dungeons as a healer and I cannot get even myself and one other into the group - The lack of a chat window pretty much ruins the finding a group as well....

You seriously expect me to pay for this poor service? I bought the game today and signed up on a monthly sub - That is going to be cancelled real fast at this rate...

Total disgrace!
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you only bought this to play dungeons ?
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried joining a guild and asking guildmates?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • kenneth.moenb16_ESO
    kenneth.moenb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    So you only bought this to play dungeons ?

Do you honestly think people buy mmorpgs for PVP or for playing solo?? Do you honestly think people buy ESO for PVP only??

The only ones who play ESO for PVP doesn't care about lore or anything else within the game, and these are the kind of players you'll see spamming abilities everywhere in public whilst waiting for the PVP queue to pop.

I was never selected to play the closed beta etc for ESO on the PS4, which i found strange considering i had been part of the PC version beta.

If i personally had known the group system in this version was this flawed, i would've ignored the PS4 version completely.

People don't talk in public, and those who do only spam gibberish or never talk english, which makes it gibberish to my ears either way.

You teleport to a dungoen once the group has formed, and then you ask in the group chat if people are coming, then they leave.

This game lacks so much, after so much time since the original PC release and on the console it lacks even more. It's disgusting.

The game needs a system where it teleports all group members inside the dungeon, quite like the system World of Warcraft and other games uses.

The game also need a way for players to communicate through text messages. Shouldn't be too hard, seeing as DCUO and other online games on the consoles already have that option.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on July 2, 2015 7:08PM
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its not a matter of the only alternative to dungeons being solo or PvP, there are opportunities with console "friends" or ESO guilds to set up groups ... nor is it a matter of ESO should be more like WoW.

Running dungeons in ESO has never been as efficient as WoW that has had 10 more years of development experience than ESO and if you recall PUG dungeoning in WoW is still pretty appalling, its guild raiding that suits multiplayer experiences best.

There are ways around the problems of ESO while they improve but being belligerent is not the way.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

• Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Jando on July 3, 2015 2:14AM
    Dear ZoS - Sell us great content at a reasonable price. Stop the Grind!!
  • Rin9les
    Rin9les
    Its a tricky one to be sure.

I think zoS tried something new, which is always to be commended, but in practise seems to fail.

Hard to know what to suggest as a fix. General chat as per the pc version wouldnt work without keyboards. Ff14 system is ok, but has its flaws too. How to organise events without chat? Maybe we need to go down the route of Destiny lfg sites.

Or maybe we need a random lfg option plus a daily dungeon option as part of the lfg. Also a que timer.
  • FireDemon
    FireDemon
    I love this game. I have played a lot of mmos and there are always teething problems always has been and always will be. I do agree and think a world chat system would benefit the eso community though.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bleach wrote: »
    You seriously expect me to pay for this poor service? I bought the game today and signed up on a monthly sub - That is going to be cancelled real fast at this rate...
    The game is B2P, sub isn't mandatory. I'll never understand why people sub immediately after buying, don't you want to check if you even like the game at all before you commit financially?
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I beleive its population issue, my proof is only 2 vet EU Campaign, PC had 9 EU Campaign. When you get to lvl 50, you can start doing silver pledge dalies, silver pledges are normal dungeons and gold pledges are vet dungeons, basically both are dailies what people like to do, so dont worry you finish them then.
    Edited by Sausage on July 4, 2015 5:18AM
  • Bleach
    Bleach
    Rosveen wrote: »
    The game is B2P, sub isn't mandatory. I'll never understand why people sub immediately after buying, don't you want to check if you even like the game at all before you commit financially?

I have it on the PC and know that I enjoy it.

I'll never understand why people make assumptions and make comments on things they are not sure of first.
  • B1MBLE
    B1MBLE

I would hazard a guess that he is not even subbed and is just trying to add weight to his rant.
  • Bleach
    Bleach
    B1MBLE wrote: »

I would hazard a guess that he is not even subbed and is just trying to add weight to his rant.

I bought the imp edition and I also subbed.

• usrevenge
    usrevenge
    ✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    Its not a matter of the only alternative to dungeons being solo or PvP, there are opportunities with console "friends" or ESO guilds to set up groups ... nor is it a matter of ESO should be more like WoW.

Running dungeons in ESO has never been as efficient as WoW that has had 10 more years of development experience than ESO and if you recall PUG dungeoning in WoW is still pretty appalling, its guild raiding that suits multiplayer experiences best.

There are ways around the problems of ESO while they improve but being belligerent is not the way.

you act like this is a wow vs ESO problem, but it isn't.

DCUO has a good group finder. it works, sure sometimes you get a long queue or a crappy pug group but if you queue up for everything you will get a group in a few minutes on average.

ESO my friend and I queued up and 2 hours later we gave up. it's broken. you should not HAVE to go through friends/guilds to find a group. it would be almost bearable if there was text chat, i could go into the 5 guilds i'm in and say "need tank for vet dungeon" and be done with it. but nope we can't do that. we have to cycle through a dozen voice channels and hope that people are actually in the chat.

sorry, but your point is that the game is broken and that's ok, which is not true. if they don't fix the group finder the game will suffer on console unless they add text chat (though really they need to fix both issues)
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    hmmm ... maybe I should have been clearer ... yes its broken, not its not okay, Zenimax should have got it better ... WoW is used as an example of how it could be better but long group queues for DPS classes are still the norm.

how long do we wait for Zenimax to get it right? dunno ... my play style does not require me to dungeon so I can't comment further