The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dear ZoS - FiX LFG Tool - Here's a Video that shows some great ideas

Jando
Jando
✭✭✭✭
I've heard many great things about FFXIV's Party Finder and decided to search for a video. Here's what i found:

Party Finder Video

Fixing LFG should be one of the highest priorities for the dev team. The fact that it has been as bad as it is for this long is mind boggling.

Dear ZoS - Sell us great content at a reasonable price. Stop the Grind!!
  • EZgoin76
    EZgoin76
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like an improved version of FFXI's group finder. It's a shame they use a queue system for ESO instead of an actual group finder, similar to what's shown in the video.
    I want to change the world. I'm just to lazy to do it.
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed please attempt to make this easier ZOS it will go a long way towards keeping people playing the game.
  • Zameri
    Zameri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A group finder like this would be great for this game, allowing others to play together better. I suggest that if this kind of system is implemented that it also would update the current system. So if you don't want to use a group finder you can still que and go about your business.
    Arkay Beta Tester
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's time to try it again, was in it during beta. :smiley:
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Zameri
    Zameri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigM wrote: »

Yes it was, but it was not like this lfg tool they want as far as i remember. I believe it was still a que system.
    Arkay Beta Tester
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    It would be amazing if our Group Finder tool worked like this one.
    (NA) Anlaemar with 750+ Champion Points
    Member Since April 15, 2014
    (EP)Alrik Vadason - Nord Dragonknight
    Tank
    (EP)Matdasi Hlarrobar - Breton Mageblade
    Formerly known as Ra'dar Ahdhari - Main DPS 40k Self Buffed
    (EP)Marrec Vadason - Breton Templar Healer
    (EP)Nameless - Altmer Sorcerer - Secondary DPS
    - The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason -
  • Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigM wrote: »

The LFG tool was that robust in Beta? If so, it must have been early beta. I was in some of the later beta tests and don't remember it being in there.
  • Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another ESO Live episode with no mention of LFG tool fixes. How can the continue to ignore this?????
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have to agree because it's pretty annoying to do dungeons now... and it shouldn't be, they're so fun and they can be fun with friends, but friends aren't always an option. I am not even exaggerating when I say this, but so far through my whole (Since PS4 release, now Vet Rank 4) experience, dungeons have been terrible and I've had to be the one to message players to travel to me/us, since like, no one talks.

Why?

Almost every single dungeon I've queued for (as a Healer only,) I've had to personally go to Social > Group > View Profile > Message and tell each player to travel to me when they're ready, as I'm usually the first one to the dungeon even though sometimes it doesn't seem to tell you what dungeon you've joined unless you go to group finder, (I know it does say the dungeon name in quickly-floating-by white text at the top right corner of your interface) though sometimes even Group Finder doesn't tell you what dungeon you've been put in, but that's mostly when somebody hasn't picked a role in the group. No one barely ever speaks, and if they do, it's usually somebody who isn't speaking a word of English.

Quitters

There are too many quitters. Way too many people who quit even before the dungeon has started, for whatever reason if valid or silly, there should be some sort of minor penalty to players who leave the dungeon group after a certain time of joining it. I don't know, a cool down debuff like WoW?

Language "Barrier" (Vocal)

The only times I've met players in dungeons who speak, they'll be talking German or French. I am not a nationalist, I personally don't believe in nations and I see the connection between all humans without the silly titles/labels and races, etc -- but so far, I've had bad experiences with French gamers -- especially when they're leading. One French leader of my dungeon decided to rush ahead and pull almost every mob in sight then die and shout down the mic in French. Another French dungeon "leader" today actually, did not speak a single word as he was tanking a veteran dungeon, not bothering to move from any AOE, not using avoidance or kiting techniques as he took massive amounts of damage, leaving me to literally spam-heal (Recorded) and did not use a single taunt ability as the DPS and me (healer) were dying on every mob & boss pull. The French group leader then stopped and kicked me, as if it was a healing problem, when every dungeon I've healed so far (including veteran dungeons with only 3 players) has actually went well, though a bit of a struggle but smooth with the right players and a tank that knows how to tank, of course.

I personally think there should be a little chat box that the whole group can read. (Even a area chat would be nice too) And so nobody spams it, they could make it so that you have to type through PS (with your controller) to send a message or something.

Peace.
    Edited by Molag_Crow on July 4, 2015 12:25AM
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah french tanks have never been up to much historically B)
  • Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    @CrowsDescend

Nice write up about many of the issues with grouping. I think some of those can be remedied by making it easier to get into groups.
  • usrevenge
    usrevenge
    ✭✭✭
    they sorta have to fix the group finder if they want the console versions to last.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Works on console?
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • michaelb14a_ESO2
    michaelb14a_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. The LFG tool should have been fixed, refined, redesigned ages ago. It's a shame, b/c so many people would use it if it actually worked.
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know the game has a thing called Add-On

But finding groups is already easy hence why no Add-On LFG system or a website similar to www.gw2lfg.com

You having problems finding a group, that's your problem not the majority of playerbase problem.

If the playerbase really had issues finding a group.. There would be a group finder add-on...
    Just like Skyshard finder
    Just like Lorebook finder

I seriously don't understand why you guys have issues finding a group, its really easy in the current state.
  • Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    qsnoopyjr wrote: »
    You know the game has a thing called Add-On

But finding groups is already easy hence why no Add-On LFG system or a website similar to www.gw2lfg.com

You having problems finding a group, that's your problem not the majority of playerbase problem.

If the playerbase really had issues finding a group.. There would be a group finder add-on...
    Just like Skyshard finder
    Just like Lorebook finder

I seriously don't understand why you guys have issues finding a group, its really easy in the current state.

You know console players can't use addons.....yeah? You know they have no text chat....right?

I think 70% of the PC players and 99% of the console players would disagree with you.

And, by the way, there are at least 2 LFG websites for ESO:

https://eso-lfg.com/en/

esotulfg.com/

• Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    usrevenge wrote: »
    they sorta have to fix the group finder if they want the console versions to last.

Yup! Been saying this for months.
  • Curtischoy
    Curtischoy
    ✭✭
    Even EverQuest had an LFG tool like that like 10 years ago sans the instanced options b/c EQ did not work like that. (It had instances but not at all like modern MMOs)

You would put up LFG with a message and a few options and people could search and find your group. Send you a tell asking if they could join and bam, you have another group member.

Edit: an option to say that you would like to stop to talk to the NPCs during the dungeons would be cool. This way no one would get upset with a 5 min afk/NPC chat during the mission. Or you have already done it 10x and you don't want to stop to talk to the NPC and just go thru.
    Edited by Curtischoy on July 6, 2015 5:14PM
  • Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see ZoS Finally lurking on threads related to LFG tool.