The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Nut Brown Ale

Moxan
Moxan
✭✭✭
Is there a reason that this recipe is sold out of every single guild store? I've been checking every major city for the last two weeks and can't find any. There are plenty of every other low tier recipes for sale, but this is the only one that seems rather nonexistant.
Edited by Moxan on June 29, 2015 3:44AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nut Brown Ale is one of the harder ones to find. It does turn up, usually in Crafting Writ rewards

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any time you have a writ and no recipe to make it, find some one who can make the item for you, or maybe find the item for sale itself. The writ will accept the item from any source as long as it was crafted, and not a white found version of the item. In a frustrating irony, you often get the recipe you were lacking as a writ reward. So do a few of the writs with crafted foods from somewhere else, and you have a good chance of getting the recipe you need. If you were on PC, I'd be happy to make some Ale for you.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Moxan
    Moxan
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. I'll just keep buying it from people I guess.
  • AstroGazer1
    Nut Brown Ale Recipe-
    Same problem. Can not find any where. Bought brewed version off of a brewer - but still no work, just would not advance the script.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nut Brown Ale Recipe-
    Same problem. Can not find any where. Bought brewed version off of a brewer - but still no work, just would not advance the script.

You can't buy what you need from in game vendors, only Guild Kiosks.

Again, the White dropped or vendor sold versions do not satisfy the writs, only the Green Crafted ones. You can only get those from another player if you can't make it yourself.

And, yes, Nut Brown Ale gives people fits finding the recipes. So does Lemon Flower Matze and Clarified Surah Wine.

Edited by Nestor on July 1, 2015 4:36PM

• CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if this is a good suggestion or not but I just remember at least 3 dropping in the first area I was in after leaving cold harbor prison. Actually it was my very first drop when out in the world. Perhaps return to your beginnings and start farming.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    Its Gossamer Mazte for me, haven't been able to find it in any Guild Stores in the last week - ten days. It's infuriating.
    Edited by AdamskiAlders on July 2, 2015 3:43PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gossamer Matze is another one that is not easy to find.

The good thing is, you only need 3 food and 3 drink recipes to make 99% of the writs at each level. Bad thing is, if you don't have the recipes, it can be a pain to find them.

• thornboosh
    That was on of the first recipes I found
    The North Remembers
  • Benzaiten
    Its Gossamer Mazte for me, haven't been able to find it in any Guild Stores in the last week - ten days. It's infuriating.

If you're on Xbox, there are a few small batches of it in my guild store. It's House Hlaalu in Ebonheart.

And about the Nut Brown Ale- I feel your pain! I have a lvl50 provisioner with over a hundred known recipes and I still haven't found that one lol!

DC
  • Ewokninja
    Ewokninja
    ✭✭
    Im on the xbox one, and ive found about 4 of these recipes, unfortunately 2 of them were from stolen goods so i couldnt sell to anyone or anything. But i have no problem finding this one. Chicken breast on the other hand, that thing has eluded me this entire time!
    Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions.

Xbox One GT: Choncho29
  • Benzaiten
    Ewokninja wrote: »
    Im on the xbox one, and ive found about 4 of these recipes, unfortunately 2 of them were from stolen goods so i couldnt sell to anyone or anything. But i have no problem finding this one. Chicken breast on the other hand, that thing has eluded me this entire time!

If you launder them at a fence in Outlaws Refuge, you can turn around and sell them legit :smile:

DC
  • AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    Benzaiten wrote: »

If you're on Xbox, there are a few small batches of it in my guild store. It's House Hlaalu in Ebonheart.

I am on Xbox so next time I'm on I'll definitely have a look.
  • Dinobot
    Dinobot
    ✭✭
    If you need a recipe in the future (or if you still do) feel free to message me on xbox as I believe I have all the ones they ask for.
  • Ewokninja
    Ewokninja
    ✭✭
    Benzaiten wrote: »
    Ewokninja wrote: »

If you launder them at a fence in Outlaws Refuge, you can turn around and sell them legit :smile:

good to know! I didnt know that thanks! i went on a rampage yesterday and racked up a 6k bounty and had a bunch of recipes i already had, so i ended up selling them.
    Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions.

Xbox One GT: Choncho29