Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vampire vs. Werewolf bite experiences (an how to avoid getting scammed (hopefully)) hope this helps

• Benzaiten
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    Hey guys! Just wanted to give you all a quick update on this. We still have a close eye on the situation, and we will be taking action on anyone who is violating our Terms of Service by charging real money or scamming other players.

We'd also like to remind you that there are multiple spawn points to get bit. Of course, we're not going to tell you where they are exactly. You'll have to explore to find them! ;)

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/605508#Comment_605508

That link is over a year old. And only applies to the PC version.

Anyone trying to get bit right now on console is going to have a really hard time. High level players camp the known spawn points, and kill the infecting NPCs on sight.

And then they camp the shrines and try to scam and/or overcharge people for bites. I've witnessed it repeatedly.

DC
  • Trupah
    Trupah
    Soul Shriven
    For me Getting bitten was a lot easier experience than others have been experiencing, I simply killed Mobs at the alter and used the "Play dead" Emotion in the mobs body(I like to get dirty) , and to my surprise and joy had someone run over to the bodies and bite me, I know run over to the alter when I have a bite available and bite people who would otherwise pay for it
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Benzaiten wrote: »
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    Hey guys! Just wanted to give you all a quick update on this. We still have a close eye on the situation, and we will be taking action on anyone who is violating our Terms of Service by charging real money or scamming other players.

We'd also like to remind you that there are multiple spawn points to get bit. Of course, we're not going to tell you where they are exactly. You'll have to explore to find them! ;)

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/605508#Comment_605508

That link is over a year old. And only applies to the PC version.

Anyone trying to get bit right now on console is going to have a really hard time. High level players camp the known spawn points, and kill the infecting NPCs on sight.

And then they camp the shrines and try to scam and/or overcharge people for bites. I've witnessed it repeatedly.

It was quoted because Zenimax explicitly noted the scamming occurring ... to support my post suggesting scammers are ticketed.

Yes, I know how old the thread is.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Cameron_Star
    Cameron_Star
    ✭✭
    Just because it's "harder" to level up the vampire skill line doesn't give anyone the right to charge exorbitantly for it. Especially the ones who scam, it shouldn't be a money-making tactic. Anyone who exploits the situation to cheat and grief others for money is an a-hole.

Like OP, I was lucky enough to get bitten randomly, the guy was even nice enough to turn down my offers of payment, he even said it was an accident he bit me.

My advice is simply never agree to pay before recieving a bite. I was foolish enough to let myself get cheated twice, and in hindsight, the warning signs should have been obvious. For the ones who haven't been bitten yet, I know it's tempting, they may sound convincing and possibly even are legitimate, but just don't take the risk. I couldn't care less about losing my gold to them, it's feeding their bloated sadistic egos that gets me.
    Edited by Cameron_Star on June 25, 2015 11:06AM
  • Flint1985
    Flint1985
    I plan to bite people for free every week. Only problem is getting bitten myself to turn into a vampire
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    if someone paid for the game with intentions of becoming thus said vampire or werewolf they should be able to with no hassle.

If someone paid for just that, the bought the wrong game.

Point is that it is totally overrated on the console. People think it is something you MUST have and have totally wrong expectations bout what it is. I've heard people thinking it is a full questline like the mages guild or that they must be awerewolf or vamp to make thier build succesfull. Both disseases are minor alterations of builds with positives and negatives. This means that it doesn't make you a better or more then other players, but just (slightly) different. The effects are minor and fully optional.

So stop the hype and understand that in a few weeks it will be so widespread everyone can try it out, on thier on pace and terms.

Bats with the right nb build can be the most powerfull ult in the game. I 1v4 some dudes on my vampire and they couldn't kill me plus that got to go fast sneak speed
    Edited by chevalierknight on June 25, 2015 12:04PM
  • LegionIsAll
    I charged for my bite and will until after all my friends that want it have it . If someone asks me early then I am willing for a fee . If there wasn't a wait I'd give it to anyone that asks . My fee though was on 5k coins
  • Sabe18
    Sabe18
    Soul Shriven
    I'll bite some one for a donation. It's been a struggle to get it to lvl6 plus I need coins
  • saint1031
    saint1031
    Soul Shriven
    Please help me! I've been trying since the day I was able to play and no luck!
    LF: Werewolf Bite
    Gamer tag : Saint1031
    NA Server
    Alliance : Aldmeri Dominion
    Class: Dragonknight Please!!!
  • DrunkenGryffinInn
    I am a recently bitten werewolf in a werewolf guild. I didn't pay for my bite, but I contributed to the guild. If you would like to get bitten and play with some decent people who do what they say then hit up my guild master. We have over 50 people in the guild and we're looking for more. I would sell my bite, but I would give it for free to a guild mate first. Keep that in mind.

Xbox One

Ebonheart Pact

Guild master: FSU Crazy Wboy
    Xbone NA Ebonheart Pact GT: DrunkenGryffin
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please don't turn this into a "please bite me"thread or it will be locked
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Mr_Bubbely
    Mr_Bubbely
    ✭✭
    I got scammed for 20k total trying to buy a werewolf bite.
    Dont ever try it, ive been to the spawn locations atleast 20 times now, I'm veteran rank 3 I still haven't encountered a werewolf or even a bloodfiend.
    Guildmaster of The Royal Imperial Legion
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭
    Last week I found the ***-ist Werewolf. It was ridiculous. I was hunting werewolves and this other guy was there. He kept killing them before I had a chance to get bitten, that was a bit annoying but fine so far. He then turned into a werewolf. He didn't even need to be infected, he was just trolling...it gets worse...

He mailed me through ESO offering me a bite for 15k gold. So not only was he killing werewolves when he already was one, he was offering me lycanthropy for an extortionate price and stopping me getting one for free...
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭
    Last week I found the ***-ist Werewolf. It was ridiculous. I was hunting werewolves and this other guy was there. He kept killing them before I had a chance to get bitten, that was a bit annoying but fine so far. He then turned into a werewolf. He didn't even need to be infected, he was just trolling...it gets worse...

He mailed me through ESO offering me a bite for 15k gold. So not only was he killing werewolves when he already was one, he was offering me lycanthropy for an extortionate price and stopping me getting one for free...
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that if zenimax cared it would be fixed. Phasing players is not a new concept to MMO's. Further, they themselves have phasing in the game already. If you finish the bleakrock isles missions and try to join a friend who is doing the missions, you can't see them half the time. They won't fix it because they don't care, and the only reason why they are saying things like "it's against the tos" or "we look into it" is to save face. Not trying to be a ***, but it's the truth. There are so many other things they can do otherwise if they don't feel like fixing the programming. I've gotten scammed. Seen people get scammed. Reported people that scam and see them back doing it all over again. 1) Phase people from being able to access the shrines 2) Phase people from accessing the NPCs 3) Stop trying to save face and actually do something about it if its "against the rules". As others have said, PC has been out for over a year and the same *** happened. Apparently nobody thought that this was going to be an issue on console?