Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vampire vs. Werewolf bite experiences (an how to avoid getting scammed (hopefully)) hope this helps

XxRaumboxX
XxRaumboxX
Soul Shriven
Although I think it's pretty lame how people are charging for bites, I think I finally figured out why, at least for the vampire bites.

About two days ago I was at the vampire shrine looking to buy a bite and I got lucky, some guy just randomly bit me. I did the quest and I turned then I immediately realized how difficult it was to level the vampire up compared to the werewolf.

For the vampire:
To level your vampire up to level 6 (to infect people), you have to quest. A lot. I have been working on mine for 2 days now, and I am only level 2 vampire and the bar is about half way to 3, and I've completed a whole lot of quests. Like I was, I know a lot of you are really anxious to get bitten by a vampire but no one is really aware of how much time it takes to actually bite people, that's why they are selling for so high. If you look on forums, people on both Xbox one and PS4 are selling bites for upwards of 25k. Before I was bitten I had no idea of how hard it is to level your vampire so I thought anything about 10k was ridiculous. Now that I've experienced it first hand, I understand why the price is so high and people are so greedy with their vamp bites.

For the werewolf:
I payed 7k for a werewolf bite about a week after ESO launched for consoles, and I had been one until about an hour before I turned vampire. Werewolf is ridiculously easy to level, I maxed it to level 10 in about 45 minutes killing sheep in khenarthi's roost. In game and on forums and stuff people are selling werewolf bites for 4-10k, which is completely stupid. In my opinion, majority of people offering to bite (especially in game) are trying to scam you.

You can tell who the scammers are (for the most part). People who want to sell their bites legit are gonna have a set price, they aren't gonna take whatever you give them. The way I bought my bite was I invited the guy to the party, me and my friend met up with him, I showed him the coins through trade, he bit me then I gave the coins to him after I seen I contracted the disease. You can also tell scammers because they normally have their profile set offline so they can log off immediately after they scam you for your coins. My best advice would be, don't go first.

Yeah, it sucks having to pay for stuff that should already be free in game, but there is only really 2 ways this problem can be fixed, both involve the developers.
1. An update for more frequent spawning of the blood fiends & werewolf and in more areas.
2. Update to make it easier to level your vampire, which would bring the price down a lot.

Now I'm not saying everyone on the game is a scammer but until there is an easier way to get the diseases then it's gonna be this way.

Best advice I can give you is to find a vamp/wolf guild where someone will bite you free and you bite the next man down to pass it around. Hope this helps reduce the amount of scams.

I know for myself, as soon as I get lvl 6 vampire, I'm going to pass it on to another random to hope they will do the same to spread it faster.

One more thing, if someone offers to bite you for gold or whatever and they tell you to meet you anywhere other than the shrines DONT do it. They are the only place you can get infected when bitten from another player. I'm not responsible if you get scammed. And this is all from my personal experience.
  • xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    ✭✭✭
    the most sure fire way not to get scammed = don't pay for bites, period.

kudos to all of you who are not charging for bites, spread the disease freely and let's be done with these gold scammers and spawn campers.
  • RikiRossTheBoss
    Rambo I was just wondering if you'd mind sharing your bites?
  • DARKNESSCHAINED
    You could simply stay inside the portal killing the tigers and such, after the big game you take down, to level your Werewolf. I mean, as long as you don't leave you stay a Werewolf and have infinite amounts of things to kill without interruption. To each their own.
    The truth is always a threat to evil men.
  • Zavinus
    Zavinus
    ✭✭
    Ew, people are charging for that?

I'll just wait until I reach a high enough level. I simply don't trust these people.

~Zavinus, Xbox One
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    The levelling system of the vampire is NOT harder then that of the werewolf. But it is different. You are supposed to get the bite at leve lvl38+ Not at level 10 as people are getting it now with some fanatic camping method overhyping everything. Cause vampire levelling scales off experienced gain, it will go very slow at low levels. But once you reach level 38 it will go as fast as werewolves. Above you will go even faster.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XxRaumboxX wrote: »
    Although I think it's pretty lame how people are charging for bites, I think I finally figured out why, at least for the vampire bites.
    What *I* find lame is people wanting to BUY a bite instead of actually PLAYING THE GAME and questing for one.
    Edited by KerinKor on June 23, 2015 8:58AM
  • M4YON
    M4YON
    I've been trying to get a bit for a while now and have given up due to high numbers of scammers and getting infected via the spawn points is impossible due to people purposely killing them off for profit.

I'm now level 31 and still no closer and the pinned threads are full of people requesting bites and not giving them out, it will inevitably become easier ti become a vampire or Warewolf how soon that happens is down to the developer's but since they still haven't patched the bugs and glitches I'm not holding my breath for a change In the spawns anytime soon.
  • JayceStyles
    To be honest I wish the vampires/werewolves would spawn in with a guard like health bar so they can't be killed, this simple thing would end all scammers/pay for bites.

While waiting for a vampire to spawn so my girlfriend could get a bite, I noticed a guild on PS4 NA server that had 3-5 lvl 40+ vampires at each spawn point to try to kill them as fast as possible.

I know ESOTU want vampire and werewolf to be "rare" but honestly I think if someone paid for the game with intentions of becoming thus said vampire or werewolf they should be able to with no hassle. (To be frank I don't know how lore friendly it is to have werewolves or blood fiends in other areas of Tamriel but only these small group of rares can turn people. Just my thoughts though"
    Edited by JayceStyles on June 23, 2015 9:26AM
    | Youtube |
    "What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    if someone paid for the game with intentions of becoming thus said vampire or werewolf they should be able to with no hassle.

If someone paid for just that, the bought the wrong game.

Point is that it is totally overrated on the console. People think it is something you MUST have and have totally wrong expectations bout what it is. I've heard people thinking it is a full questline like the mages guild or that they must be awerewolf or vamp to make thier build succesfull. Both disseases are minor alterations of builds with positives and negatives. This means that it doesn't make you a better or more then other players, but just (slightly) different. The effects are minor and fully optional.

So stop the hype and understand that in a few weeks it will be so widespread everyone can try it out, on thier on pace and terms.

PC player - EU
  • JayceStyles
    Ranique wrote: »
    if someone paid for the game with intentions of becoming thus said vampire or werewolf they should be able to with no hassle.

So by that standard, if I was to buy the game because I wanted to be a Nord, I bought the wrong game?

Being at spawn locations since games launch on ps4 (while making a few videos to help people out and being active on the mic to help out people) Not many people are looking at it as a "must have" actually I have yet to meet someone that thinks they "Must have it" When I have bites available I give them out to people for free.

But yes right now there is a lot of Hype around it, I don't know if you ever look at social media but anything to do with vampires or werewolves always becomes popular, because people like to imagine their life as that, as a escape from their own reality, so hype? Not really, that would be like saying "everyone in the starting area questing when the game came out is just there for hype" -- Have you sat down and thought about what other people would like to have?

But before I head out for the night I have a question about another thing you said, you went against the OP by saying "The leveling system of the vampire is NOT harder then that of the werewolf." I got my vampire bite at level 49, I got my werewolf bite at level 8 - less than 45 mins in the hunting ground I was a rank 10 werewolf. My main vampire took upwards of 4-6 hours of questing/farming mobs so please by all means tell me how to get to rank 10 or even rank 6 as a vampire in 45 mins, I have a lvl 41 vampire that needs to get its rank up fast so I can give another bite.

As I previously stated, if they made vampires/werewolves spawn in with a guard like health bar so they can't be killed all this would end.
    | Youtube |
    "What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • Cameron_Star
    Cameron_Star
    ✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    What *I* find lame is people wanting to BUY a bite instead of actually PLAYING THE GAME and questing for one.

Blame the people who camp and kill the bloodfiends all hours of the day. How can you play the game and quest for it if they're making it impossible to bo done that way?

If you really want to pay for the bite, pay them afterwards, not before. If they ask you to pay first then it is obviously a scam.
  • Dareloth
    Dareloth
    the most sure fire way not to get scammed = don't pay for bites, period.

kudos to all of you who are not charging for bites, spread the disease freely and let's be done with these gold scammers and spawn campers.

This is what im saying, if more people do this we can cut down on that kind of stuff. Took me about 12 hours straight of running from spawn point to spawn point to finally get bitten. In that time i saw\heard a bunch of scams, and packs of werewolves killing the bloodfiends. I'll be returning to the shrine every 7 days to give a free bite. I urge others here to do the same.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭

So by that standard, if I was to buy the game because I wanted to be a Nord, I bought the wrong game?

Being at spawn locations since games launch on ps4 (while making a few videos to help people out and being active on the mic to help out people) Not many people are looking at it as a "must have" actually I have yet to meet someone that thinks they "Must have it" When I have bites available I give them out to people for free.

But yes right now there is a lot of Hype around it, I don't know if you ever look at social media but anything to do with vampires or werewolves always becomes popular, because people like to imagine their life as that, as a escape from their own reality, so hype? Not really, that would be like saying "everyone in the starting area questing when the game came out is just there for hype" -- Have you sat down and thought about what other people would like to have?

But before I head out for the night I have a question about another thing you said, you went against the OP by saying "The leveling system of the vampire is NOT harder then that of the werewolf." I got my vampire bite at level 49, I got my werewolf bite at level 8 - less than 45 mins in the hunting ground I was a rank 10 werewolf. My main vampire took upwards of 4-6 hours of questing/farming mobs so please by all means tell me how to get to rank 10 or even rank 6 as a vampire in 45 mins, I have a lvl 41 vampire that needs to get its rank up fast so I can give another bite.

As I previously stated, if they made vampires/werewolves spawn in with a guard like health bar so they can't be killed all this would end.

My point bout the hype is that, at the launch on the pc all kinds of ideas surfaced bout making it easier to get the bite as well. But all those where dismissed after a month or 2 cause the hype was over. So why invest time for something that clearly isn't an issue (in the long term)

PC player - EU
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Blame the people who camp and kill the bloodfiends all hours of the day. How can you play the game and quest for it if they're making it impossible to bo done that way?
    It's an MMO, it's what happens, if THEY can kill them then so can anyone else.

How do you think the ORIGINAL players did it when there wee few around able to infect others? These were over-camped then just as now, those willing to tolerate that playstyle put up with it, those that weren't waited till the crowds had gone.

It's an MMO, it's what happens.

• XxRaumboxX
    XxRaumboxX
    Soul Shriven
    Rambo I was just wondering if you'd mind sharing your bites?

Yes, I will be sharing as soon as I reach level 6 vampire. As far as werewolf goes, I gave it to my friend and I think he could bite now but he's out of town. I think I can get on hos account and bite tho
  • XxRaumboxX
    XxRaumboxX
    Soul Shriven
    I am also thinking of starting up a guild for the sole purpose of sharing the diseases. Get bit, pass it on to the next person in the guild, then stay or leave, it doesn't matter.
  • Imhotep71
    Imhotep71
    ✭✭✭
    Raumbo if you do set something like that up let me know. Once I become a vampire I fully intend to share the disease. Just the decent thing to do IMO
    Ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight?

• XxRaumboxX
    XxRaumboxX
    Soul Shriven
    Imhotep71 wrote: »
    Raumbo if you do set something like that up let me know. Once I become a vampire I fully intend to share the disease. Just the decent thing to do IMO

I just made a guild for it. Before I begin accepting members for it I want to make sure I have enough people that are werewolves/vampires and are able to bite before we bring in people that want to get bitten. If any of you guys are interested in helping spread the diseases please message me on xbox one. Please include your gamer tag, wether you are a werewolf/vampire, or want to be one, and when your next bite will be available. i will also be making another thread here shortly basically saying the same thing so hopefully we can get this thing rolling.

My gamer tag is: XxRaumboXX
    Aldmeri Dominion
    NA servers
  • XxRaumboxX
    XxRaumboxX
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry, XxRaumboxX
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Invalid comparison. One is something that is intended to be rare and difficult to get, and something that not every player will have. The other is one of the starting options.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • JayceStyles
    UrQuan wrote: »

Invalid comparison. One is something that is intended to be rare and difficult to get, and something that not every player will have. The other is one of the starting options.

It might be rare but it is no less valued to someone who wants to be a vampire/werewolf than someone who wants to be a nord

No NPC outside the quest mention that you're a vampire,werewolf or Nord. Either one of these options have zero impact on the story of the game, both give passive options which help with damage and such. While the vampire/werewolf gets a more detailed skill tree, the nord gets a passive skill tree... There isn't much difference in me wanting to buy the game to be a nord than there is for me hearing about vampires/werewolves and wanting to buy the game to become one. So in the case of comparison it is valid because neither one has a impact on any story in the game they're just personal preferences.
    | Youtube |
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    meh, I'm going to be a Nord werewolf so there !
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• DoubleShot27
    lol its not going to change it wont be fixed its working as intended dont forget how long the games been on on pc..........
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It might be rare but it is no less valued to someone who wants to be a vampire/werewolf than someone who wants to be a nord

No NPC outside the quest mention that you're a vampire,werewolf or Nord. Either one of these options have zero impact on the story of the game, both give passive options which help with damage and such. While the vampire/werewolf gets a more detailed skill tree, the nord gets a passive skill tree... There isn't much difference in me wanting to buy the game to be a nord than there is for me hearing about vampires/werewolves and wanting to buy the game to become one. So in the case of comparison it is valid because neither one has a impact on any story in the game they're just personal preferences.
    No, it's a completely invalid comparison. A valid comparison would be to say "I bought the game because I wanted to be an Emperor". That, like lycanthropy and vampirism, is an achievement that you can obtain in-game, but it requires some effort and/or luck to get, not everybody will or can get it, and you don't have the ability to have it immediately on character creation. You're entitled to be a Nord if you want to, because it's an option everyone gets at character creation. You're not entitled to be a vampire or werewolf or emperor just because you want to, because they are achievements that you have to play the game and do certain things in-game in order to obtain. I mean, do you also feel entitled to get all of the best raid gear without actually earning it? By your logic that's a perfectly valid comparison because it doesn't have an impact on any story in the game, it's just personal preference.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • JayceStyles

No, it's a completely invalid comparison. A valid comparison would be to say "I bought the game because I wanted to be an Emperor". That, like lycanthropy and vampirism, is an achievement that you can obtain in-game, but it requires some effort and/or luck to get, not everybody will or can get it, and you don't have the ability to have it immediately on character creation. You're entitled to be a Nord if you want to, because it's an option everyone gets at character creation. You're not entitled to be a vampire or werewolf or emperor just because you want to, because they are achievements that you have to play the game and do certain things in-game in order to obtain. I mean, do you also feel entitled to get all of the best raid gear without actually earning it? By your logic that's a perfectly valid comparison because it doesn't have an impact on any story in the game, it's just personal preference.

How would armor classify any of the previous actions stated? That is pulling way out of context of any thing mention. So how many Emperors can there be at one time? How many people look at a pvp rank knowing its rarity and that it could be lost at any moment and say "I deserve to have that" but haven't yet stepped foot in to pvp. That is like signing up for the military and demanding you're to become a 5 star general. That analogy doesn't logically make since at all. Now with vampire and werewolves how many can be that at one time? How many people could be Nords at one time? I may have to do a quest to become thus said vampire or werewolf, but I had to buy the game in RL to become the Nord. Unlike being an Emperor for it's armor transmog and skills it isn't an ability that changes the aspects of the character in any form. When you become Emperor do you get a transform or a skin change option to go with it? Vampire and Werewolf is something that effects your character on a visual scale which is what leads to the massive demands for it sort of like how picking a Nord would be the visual scale you would like to have. Armor and Emperor are things you suspect to walk in to a MMO and earn.
    | Youtube |
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How would armor classify any of the previous actions stated? That is pulling way out of context of any thing mention. So how many Emperors can there be at one time? How many people look at a pvp rank knowing its rarity and that it could be lost at any moment and say "I deserve to have that" but haven't yet stepped foot in to pvp. That is like signing up for the military and demanding you're to become a 5 star general. That analogy doesn't logically make since at all. Now with vampire and werewolves how many can be that at one time? How many people could be Nords at one time? I may have to do a quest to become thus said vampire or werewolf, but I had to buy the game in RL to become the Nord. Unlike being an Emperor for it's armor transmog and skills it isn't an ability that changes the aspects of the character in any form. When you become Emperor do you get a transform or a skin change option to go with it? Vampire and Werewolf is something that effects your character on a visual scale which is what leads to the massive demands for it sort of like how picking a Nord would be the visual scale you would like to have. Armor and Emperor are things you suspect to walk in to a MMO and earn.
    Ah, so you've made your own category of achievements that you believe you're entitled to have handed to you on a silver platter, and that you shouldn't have to earn. OK, what other achievements that are intended to be rare and not something that everyone will be able to have do you also feel you're entitled to?
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Rayneman_421

Cuz everyone is camping spawns and killing the npcs before anyone can get bit
  • JameZeron
    JameZeron
    Soul Shriven
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys! Just wanted to give you all a quick update on this. We still have a close eye on the situation, and we will be taking action on anyone who is violating our Terms of Service by charging real money or scamming other players.

We'd also like to remind you that there are multiple spawn points to get bit. Of course, we're not going to tell you where they are exactly. You'll have to explore to find them! ;)

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/605508#Comment_605508
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    I see alot of people selling bites at the shrines on console, the main problem I've noticed is that they made both werewolf and vampire achievements/trophies leading to an overdemand for bites as now everybody wants it to get completion, on the plus side I already have both on mules and I randomly appear at both shrines once a week and bite anyone standing around looking like they want to be infected, no charge, I run in, bite and run away, I even get some really nice messages back after offering payment in return but I refuse, there are easier ways to make gold in this game after all...
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)