The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nerf

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A nerf to purge is a huge buff to nightblades.

Just food for thought.

Or is the idea to nerf dark cloak too?
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    A nerf to purge is a huge buff to nightblades.

Just food for thought.

Or is the idea to nerf dark cloak too?

Actually, considering detection potions will be useless against it soon, yeah. That's not such a bad idea.

But back to your point. I'm just going to say I'd rather be killed by a nightblade ganker than steamrolled by a zerg of 20 purge spammers. At least then there was a chance I could put up a fight.
    Edited by PeggymoeXD on June 29, 2015 8:29PM
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope DC is treating you well Peggy!

I am a proponent of leaving Purge alone, but doing the following:

1. Meatbag Catapults healing debuff is not purgable and can stack twice (Means if I hit a someone with a meatbag, and then you do, the 40% healing debuff will stack which means its an 80% healing debuff, if hit with a 3rd one in the 6 sec timeframe it still remains at 80% and can't go any higher then that.

2. The Snare from the Oil Catapult and the Snare from the Lighting Ballista is not purgable or effected by Rapid Manaeuver/Shuffle

This is all that needs to be done. Zergs will then be able to be countered by other organized groups by having their movement speeds significantly reduced and reducing the effectiveness of their healers so they can't stand in artillery fire and literally take no damage.

Meatbags and Oil Catas on their own do very little damage, you would have to coordinate with other siege fire weapon types in order to stop the blob.

Right now there is no counter for a blob except another blob of equal size then you have to hope your damage registers instead of theirs in the lag, and the flag don't lag flip which is absolute garbage.

Give us those two things and it becomes MUCH harder to just blob up and zerg charge everything.

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭

1. Meatbag Catapults healing debuff is not purgable and can stack twice (Means if I hit a someone with a meatbag, and then you do, the 40% healing debuff will stack which means its an 80% healing debuff, if hit with a 3rd one in the 6 sec timeframe it still remains at 80% and can't go any higher then that.

2. The Snare from the Oil Catapult and the Snare from the Lighting Ballista is not purgable or effected by Rapid Manaeuver/Shuffle

This is all that needs to be done. Zergs will then be able to be countered by other organized groups by having their movement speeds significantly reduced and reducing the effectiveness of their healers so they can't stand in artillery fire and literally take no damage.

Meatbags and Oil Catas on their own do very little damage, you would have to coordinate with other siege fire weapon types in order to stop the blob.

Right now there is no counter for a blob except another blob of equal size then you have to hope your damage registers instead of theirs in the lag, and the flag don't lag flip which is absolute garbage.

Give us those two things and it becomes MUCH harder to just blob up and zerg charge everything.

I thought that oil/meat cats were purgable, which is why I've just been using stone siege recently. There is no dot, but it hits a little bit harder, and since most zergs are used to spamming purge while taking any damage whatsoever, it causes them to kinda waste resources. But looks like I'm going to start stocking up on meatbags and oil catapults.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Domander wrote: »
    Ffastyl wrote: »
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    Simple, make it a synergy.
    People would need to stop spamming AOE in order to purge themselves and synergies have cooldowns.
    Yes! The solution to Purge is to make it useless to anyone playing solo!

Simple tweak: make it purge harmful effects from the caster on cast and leave a synergy for the other folk. Like Purifying Ritual in Templar's Restoring Light line.
    So everybody in the raid will just slot Purge and spam it just the same way...

Well, that would be ok, if everybody is purging... guess what they aren't doing? damage or healing heh
    Use Cleanse and do your damage in between.

Also note that doing anything to Purge will do absolutely nothing about the fact that everybody is slowly turning into a demigod thanks to the Champion System.

Cleanse is really expensive, but yeah it would be possible, they could also all be templars running purifying ritual.
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Efficient purge is cheap for any magicka build. Cleanse is spammable when you build for it
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PeggymoeXD wrote: »
    @Domander that's the point dude. I even said I'm not being specific with how it needs to be nerfed, it's just a skill that defeats the purpose of using siege. If it makes you feel better, I will edit the thread. But overall what I am asking is exactly what you said.

One work around for this could be to increase the initial impact of the siege weapon hit. If people are going to spam purge all the time, double to triple the impact damage that cannot be purged. This is siege damage after all, it's supposed to hit like a truck going 80mph straight into a brick wall on impact.....mass carnage everywhere.... Or add a cast time to it 1-1.5 seconds would be good.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, just make oil spots flammable, can't purge fire that is already a ground effect.

• Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My origonal ideal solution is to make purge be a total removal of all effects on you, with a cooldown on having effects removed (5s ideal). this allows it to remain effective in most situations where you are not bullheadedly standing in seige.

this means that purge retains its full effectiveness, but the main removal effect becomes pointless to spam.. this changes the skill from a spaming skill to an "when needed" skill like Rapid Manuvers.

Cooldown on removal of effects lasts as long as the Debuff Duration Reduction.

in this topic here, tho i see another idea... Having the base cost remain the same, but having added cost per debuff/dot removed...

in that vein i see a very good solution. as even the top regen builds will generally only go above 4k per 2s... so with a cost of around 640 to 320 per debuff/DOT would be ideal.. some seige weapons leave a DOT and Debuff... Oil Pots for example have a snare + DOT... both of those are seperate effects so purging a full group that has been hit by a double effect seige weapon would be 30k to 15k on the above cost ranges... thats basically the entire magicka pool of someone without a regeneration build... regen builds which average 20k-25k at best would lose their entire pool with one cast if the blob is hit.

that cost is so high that under focused siege you would not be able to stay purged unless you have EVERYONE use it. most stam builds would have to slot it as well.. the only way it would be sustainable is to spread out your group to avoid a majority of incoming seige/player effects.

however there is a downside... you can still set up your 24man raid to keep purges up constantly, simply by having those who might not need to use mana have it on their bar too... tho this choice would be more effective than the cast time suggestion which would have no long term effects.

the last idea was to make the purge effect only target one party member, while giving the duration reduction to everyone else.... this means that you can still spam it, but you would never have enough purge members to keep Everyone purged at all times... meanwhile small groups retain the benefit of purge for the most part.

you can still spam and keep up the beneficial buff that reduces the duration of enemy effects on your group, but the blob usefulness of never being effected by debuffs it is completely gone. at the same time you can still use it to help out groups of less 12 effectively.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PeggymoeXD wrote: »

I thought that oil/meat cats were purgable, which is why I've just been using stone siege recently. There is no dot, but it hits a little bit harder, and since most zergs are used to spamming purge while taking any damage whatsoever, it causes them to kinda waste resources. But looks like I'm going to start stocking up on meatbags and oil catapults.

its a change suggestion. not current changes. Meatbags and oils are currently purgeable. tho i honestly think allowing the DOTs of all seiges a change to hurt blobs is something that would help break them up more than a few unremovable effects i do admit that making any siege effects unremovable would be helpful.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone said something about comunication and timing sieges... Try to coordinate 2-3 players to shoot exactly the same spot (yeah you see that rock that they are heading? we shoot there in... wait what rock? oh theyve changed direction), at the same time while they have some lags, different latency not only with game server but also with TS server. And now compare it to pressing one button by one player... Yeah... So pro. Same as following the crown and pressing 2/3 buttons... Ive played in some good bomb groups and it was aweful... Im far from calling this entertaing, it does its job but is so boring... And till its the most eficient way of fighting it will ruin the normal pvp. Nerfing the purge could solve the problem. You all "coordination lovers" will be able to still play as a coordinated team (you will be able to use TS as you do now), but you will have to have some personal skill not just hide behind numbers.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge