The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nerf

PeggymoeXD
PeggymoeXD
✭✭✭✭
PURGE.

You guys took a step in the right direction when you majorly buffed siege, so another necessary step would to make purge in huge groups unspammable. I'm not a person who will sit here and list my suggestions on how, like, involving percentages and everything. But there once was a time, when spamming purge actually had a chance to kill me, and I never thought I'd actually miss a Zenimax bug that was fixed. Yeah, siege is still effective against small groups with people who just like throwing themselves at keeps to die, but large, coordinated groups have people literally designated just to spam purge. And you're better off watching the keep fall instead of wasting AP on siege against a group like that.
Kitty DK

Vanguärd
Învictus
Sun's Death
EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The core combat of this game is that everything is spammable, there are no cooldowns and it's a good thing, so asking for something not to be spammable is silly.

Ask for it to be reduced in effectiveness in a large group like limiting the max total effects purged.
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Domander that's the point dude. I even said I'm not being specific with how it needs to be nerfed, it's just a skill that defeats the purpose of using siege. If it makes you feel better, I will edit the thread. But overall what I am asking is exactly what you said.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

• Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If maybe making it work like the Healing Springs but in reverse could fix the issue. Like it cost more/drain some magicka based on amount of friendlies it hits.
    So it cost like 5x more when it casted in 24man group and 3x more in 12man group etc..
    Edited by Soris on June 29, 2015 1:04AM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PeggymoeXD wrote: »
    @Domander that's the point dude. I even said I'm not being specific with how it needs to be nerfed, it's just a skill that defeats the purpose of using siege. If it makes you feel better, I will edit the thread. But overall what I am asking is exactly what you said.

Oh, I really don't care, I was just saying.... I keep seeing people asking for it not to be spammable and put a cooldown or whatever.. but it won't happen, and it shouldn't when there's better ways to do it.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    If maybe making it work like the Healing Springs but in reverse could fix the issue. Like it cost more/drain some magicka based on amount of friendlies it hits.
    So it cost like 5x more when it casted in 24man group and 3x more in 12man group etc..

I kinda like the idea, however I use it for myself a lot and would not want to use it in a group if it worked this way. If one morph was more selfish and the other morph was for the group maybe it would work.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple, make it a synergy.
    People would need to stop spamming AOE in order to purge themselves and synergies have cooldowns.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    People would need to stop spamming AOE in order to purge themselves and synergies have cooldowns.

this is idea actually isn't half bad
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! The solution to Purge is to make it useless to anyone playing solo!
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »

Simple tweak: make it purge harmful effects from the caster on cast and leave a synergy for the other folk. Like Purifying Ritual in Templar's Restoring Light line.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ffastyl wrote: »

Simple tweak: make it purge harmful effects from the caster on cast and leave a synergy for the other folk. Like Purifying Ritual in Templar's Restoring Light line.
    So everybody in the raid will just slot Purge and spam it just the same way...
  • DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make Efficent Purge caster only, then reduce the number of targets hit by Cleanse to 8. That way, soloists will still have their personal purge, Cleanse will benifit small groups more then larger groups, thus ensuring small groups are still viable while punishing larger groups. Besides, Cleanse can partially mitigate the healing needs of a small group, so the extra Magicka cost is gained back by not having to cast as many heals.
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat
    EU-PC Megaserver; Ebonheart Pact, Alliance Rank 34
    This one hails from far Singapore, excuse this one for his high pings. He also apologizes for any formatting/spelling errors, as he tends to answer using a mobile device.

Insanity is the price of Knowledge. Herma-Mora and Sheogorath, this one bows before thee.

This one does not advocate for any class to be nerfed. There are far deeper underlying issues then a simple "Class Imbalance". The Champion System is the problem. Not classes.

Please read this before creating yet another nerf thread.

My guides:
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope. Doing that locks down one slot they could be using for something else. Most people will entrust purge to a few healers and support, relying on the synergy.

Do you see every Templar spamming Purifying Ritual under siege fire?
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, that would be ok, if everybody is purging... guess what they aren't doing? damage or healing heh
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »

Well, that would be ok, if everybody is purging... guess what they aren't doing? damage or healing heh
    Use Cleanse and do your damage in between.

Also note that doing anything to Purge will do absolutely nothing about the fact that everybody is slowly turning into a demigod thanks to the Champion System.
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reduce the cap to 6 or so.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First of all, organized groups will always have a huge advantage when fighting unorganized groups. Everyone stays together to get all the heals, buffs and shields, this also makes it hard to single out someone and kill them one by one.

That having said, if you time a couple (cold) fire ballista's to hit the group at the same time the effect will be devastating. To time the ballista's at the same time you need some form of direct communication, something that usually lacks in unorganized groups.

Conclusion, the problem is not the siege nor spam of purge, its the communication with your allies. If you think you gonna wipe a well organized group with a couple random sieges you're playing the wrong game.
    Edited by Septimus_Magna on June 29, 2015 11:12AM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • SurprisedFour91
    SurprisedFour91
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back the purge bomb.
    @UrenTelvanni PC/NA
    Characters: ded class Sorc AR 50, Uræn Warden AR 42, Cancuren NB AR 33, Urenaissance Templar AR 31, ded game DK AR 24
    A Normal Bosmer Man NB AR 39, Lūst Templar AR 32, -Uren AR 25, Abęl Necro AR32, ????? Warden AR28

Fair Weather Friends
    Faction Locks Are Stupid
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    PeggymoeXD wrote: »
    PURGE.

You guys took a step in the right direction when you majorly buffed siege, so another necessary step would to make purge in huge groups unspammable. I'm not a person who will sit here and list my suggestions on how, like, involving percentages and everything. But there once was a time, when spamming purge actually had a chance to kill me, and I never thought I'd actually miss a Zenimax bug that was fixed. Yeah, siege is still effective against small groups with people who just like throwing themselves at keeps to die, but large, coordinated groups have people literally designated just to spam purge. And you're better off watching the keep fall instead of wasting AP on siege against a group like that.

Large groups don't stand in siege, What game are you playing?
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    First of all, organized groups will always have a huge advantage when fighting unorganized groups. Everyone stays together to get all the heals, buffs and shields, this also makes it hard to single out someone and kill them one by one.

That having said, if you time a couple (cold) fire ballista's to hit the group at the same time the effect will be devastating. To time the ballista's at the same time you need some form of direct communication, something that usually lacks in unorganized groups.

Conclusion, the problem is not the siege nor spam of purge, its the communication with your allies. If you think you gonna wipe a well organized group with a couple random sieges you're playing the wrong game.

This ^^^^ Too many people want to make organized groups worthless. So mindless single players will dominate and that's just wrong. You wanted a game where those who use strategy will succeed not those who have the game mechanics doing all their work for them.
  • BigTone
    BigTone
    ✭✭✭✭

Large groups don't stand in siege, What game are you playing?

Many times I have seen large groups that cause havoc and raise my volume to many decibels stand in a tower or field with siege raining down on them just healing and purging it off.
    Big'Tone-V16 DC Sorc AR31
    Sneaky'Tone-V16 DC NB AR22
    Holy'Tone-V12 DC Temp
    Chunky'Tone-33 DC DK (BWB beast)

Worst NB NA
    Roll dodging magicka sorc

"Do you know why they call him Big'Tone?"
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bring Back Elemental Wall Purge Bug, will solve perma purging
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Large coordinated groups also have several players designated to spam:
    Steel Tornado
    Proxi
    Vigor
    Rapid Maneuvre
    Caltroops + Camoflage Hunter (because proc bug)
    etc

But guys complaining about large raids always need a few of those skills above for their individual build. PvE included. They dont want to see their own stuff or playstyle gimped, so they naturally demand that ZoS nerfs skills like Barrier or Purge instead. Because 100000 mainstream stamina NB's dont need it and dont want to slot it.

That's why I find most of these posts a pile of hypocritical horse ***. How about nerfing stamina AoE and heal instead "because zergs" are abusing the hell out of it? But of course not. That's just a l2p issue (translation = I need it for timed Arena).

Purge: The skill should probably have a reduced target cap, to thin out the biggest zerg-blobs. But I'm also a biased simpleton like everyone else. I prefer 6-12 man groups. I also use Cleanse and you cant spam that to infinity, you run out of magicka.
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would like the range of purge to scale with the number of alliance war support tree abilities you have slotted, starting at self and increasing the radius by three meters per additional skill slotted. This way if a player wants a powerful purge they have to give up some offensive slots. This would also increase the value of being a support focused player in large groups.
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • BigTone
    BigTone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would like the range of purge to scale with the number of alliance war support tree abilities you have slotted, starting at self and increasing the radius by three meters per additional skill slotted. This way if a player wants a powerful purge they have to give up some offensive slots. This would also increase the value of being a support focused player in large groups.

This doesn't do much when a 24 person group is stacked on crown. I really like the idea of making it a synergy.
    Holy'Tone-V12 DC Temp

Worst NB NA

• SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigTone wrote: »

This doesn't do much when a 24 person group is stacked on crown. I really like the idea of making it a synergy.

That would be a nice solution, but I am not sure how that would work without changing the mechanics to work like purifying ritual.
  • BigTone
    BigTone
    ✭✭✭✭

That would be a nice solution, but I am not sure how that would work without changing the mechanics to work like purifying ritual.

Make it work automatically on yourself, up to four/eight others can activate a synergy purging bad effects.
    Holy'Tone-V12 DC Temp

Worst NB NA

• SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭

Make it work automatically on yourself, up to four/eight others can activate a synergy purging bad effects.

I guess ZOS could make the synergy work similarly to a magma shell activation.
    Edited by SturgeHammer on June 29, 2015 5:47PM
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭

Nah. That's not the problem.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

• PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, some of you get the idea that I'm whining about organized groups. First of all, stop calling it that. It's a zerg. And second, no I am not complaining about the fact that they are what's necessary to take objectives. I'm complaining about the fact that unless you have a bigger zerg waiting within your keep, you're doomed. There once was a time when it was possible to defend against a zerg even while heavily outnumbered. I'm not mad because I die in keep defenses, I just mean against certain groups there is absolutely nothing that can be done. No amount of fire siege, or oil is going to stop a group that just spams purge the entire time. Nerfing it somehow will allow the chance for smaller groups to be able to defend against bigger groups.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

• PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    Large coordinated groups also have several players designated to spam:
    Steel Tornado
    Proxi
    Vigor
    Rapid Maneuvre
    Caltroops + Camoflage Hunter (because proc bug)
    etc

But guys complaining about large raids always need a few of those skills above for their individual build. PvE included. They dont want to see their own stuff or playstyle gimped, so they naturally demand that ZoS nerfs skills like Barrier or Purge instead. Because 100000 mainstream stamina NB's dont need it and dont want to slot it.

That's why I find most of these posts a pile of hypocritical horse ***. How about nerfing stamina AoE and heal instead "because zergs" are abusing the hell out of it? But of course not. That's just a l2p issue (translation = I need it for timed Arena).

Purge: The skill should probably have a reduced target cap, to thin out the biggest zerg-blobs. But I'm also a biased simpleton like everyone else. I prefer 6-12 man groups. I also use Cleanse and you cant spam that to infinity, you run out of magicka.

Not 100% sure if this is an accusation of being a zergling or not, but if so, you obviously do not know who I am. I've explained why I'm complaining about purge several times now, and it has nothing to do with me being a zergling. Since I'm not.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS