Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Moonlit path also bugged?

wcrall
wcrall
Is everyone else having the same problem on this mission, is it bugged just like jathosgar?
  • xOuroboros
    Yep I am having the same problem. Hope they fix this with the other mission or whatever.
  • Dataririare
    Dataririare
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, this quest is glitched exactly like The Prisoner of Jathsogur.

I haven't seen the Mods reply to anyone discussing it yet, as its probably the case so many people are still stuck on The Prisoner of Jathsogur that no one is upto this yet.

The quest is glitched on the part 'Defend The Silvernar and the Green Lady' The Irony...

When you goto the centre where the Green Lady is, nothing spawns. Iv abandoned my quest a few times now, and been on when theres only 1 other person there, for several hours and i haven't seen any enemies spawn.

Hopefully they pick this up... or it might be a long wait.
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were few of those quests bugged on pc in the same way so yuo can expect some more of that posts for console players since Z. used the old parts of pc code for console release it seems. Well what can you do its Zeni after all.
  • Timeetyo
    Timeetyo
    ✭✭
    Argh....2 bugged story line quests. Rediculous.
  • Timeetyo
    Timeetyo
    ✭✭
    Is it me or is this bug stopping folks from moving on to coldharbour?

I can't get the next quest because of this.
  • DudeWheresMyRPG
    It was bugged for me at first... luckily i logged off due to errands that i had to run...i logged back on and the quest worked perfectly with no bugs. It was super odd, i was expecting to log on and get annoyed again!
  • nmsRic
    nmsRic
    2 days now and unable to progess, is it just AD with these types of quests?
  • PRE_-CISION-_
    PRE_-CISION-_
    Soul Shriven
    This is awesome... so now I can't progress AGAIN... but you'll add a horse for $30 no problem.
  • Timeetyo
    Timeetyo
    ✭✭
    I got lucky on a 4AM run and got through. Whew.

I now cringe whenever a quest says defend....
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We'll have a fix for this quest in the PC patch on Monday, and the next patch for console which will be later this month.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll have a fix for this quest in the PC patch on Monday, and the next patch for console which will be later this month.

Later this month??????

You have to be kidding. So I can't get this quest, the Prisoner quest, or even vampirism? These were the main issues when this launched on PC a year ago. Just using Google for those 3 terms for ESO leads to issues in 2014. How is this not fixed?
  • PRE_-CISION-_
    PRE_-CISION-_
    Soul Shriven
    So how do I progress in the story now? Is ZOS seriously telling us to wait a month lmao? I can see how PC players destroyed this game....
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how do I progress in the story now? Is ZOS seriously telling us to wait a month lmao? I can see how PC players destroyed this game....

Agreed
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done this quest five times (as I have five VRs) and although it is arguably the most annoying quest in the game, it is not bugged on the PC. It takes patience and practice.

And no, the game is not destroyed. That deserves a lol.
  • EWarn82
    EWarn82
    Soul Shriven

Later this month??????

You have to be kidding. So I can't get this quest, the Prisoner quest, or even vampirism? These were the main issues when this launched on PC a year ago. Just using Google for those 3 terms for ESO leads to issues in 2014. How is this not fixed?

Either no one reported them before or they are just now getting to them. However since the consoles have to go through certification, it takes longer to get the patches through.
    Akel Armen - Half Altmer / Half Breton Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion - PS4
    Nevros Drynn - Bosmer Thief - Daggerfall Covenant - PS4
    Gruck - Orc Cleric - Ebonheart Pact - PS4
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Some of the quests of this nature would bug only when the servers were under extremely high load, and even occasionally later on after patches mostly fixed them. Some of the main ones were completely fine all the way up until launch, and then broke under stress a couple of days into the PC launch, famously including one of the Coldharbour main quests, which people who leveled quickly on live had work fine for them and then saw reports of them breaking for everyone a day later once a large number of people slammed into them. Hopefully the same holds true for the console versions and as the player count hitting those areas (and number of phases accordingly) gets a bit smaller, the bugs won't happen as often until they're fixed. Unfortunately, the nature of the closed system of consoles does slow down how promptly patches can be made for them to release because of the certification steps that are required by Microsoft and Sony. I know that doesn't help you right now, but you should be able to at least proceed soon enough either way =). In the meantime, getting an alternate character up as far as it'll go may be a smart use of your time, or PVP'ing in Cyrodiil to start earning some Alliance Ranks & skills, all of which will help you throughout your entire time playing :D.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭
    I was able to do The Prisoner of Jathsogur by being one of the first to log into the game right after it went back up after a maintenance. Something I did very often on the PC side to complete broken quest. I have not been able to do Moonlit Path yet. I still try every now & then but have had no luck with it yet.
  • Thaelgram_Westar
    Yay, more waiting!

/sarcasm
    War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
  • ericburns
    ericburns
    What is supposed to happen. I'm at the part to defend the green lady and silvenar but idk what's supposed to happen
  • cbbred
    cbbred
    Tried at 1:45am PST, was the only one in and completed it.The dialogue started as soon as I entered the portal. @ericburns
    Went into the center area (across the bridge) with the Green Lady and Silvenar, fought 3 waves, first I think were followers(was too surprised they spawned to remember), 2nd and 3rd were Werewolves.

You talk to them (S+GL) after defeating the waves of attacks. Then follow them up the bridge near the back, and then take a right, to a portal that leads you out. Should have gotten a complete and a quest update "Return to the Temple;
    After - Talk to (who you decided as Mane) and it starts the quest 'Follow the Path' Go up the stairs to the left, around a path to another bridge and portal. Head up and talk to Cariel.
    Go Find Razum-dar on the hill. then find the Queen by entering "Ayrenn's Last Stand'. If you got this far, you can handle the rest!
    Good luck Dominion!
    Edited by cbbred on July 7, 2015 9:47AM
    Xbox-NA
  • Eleusian
    Eleusian
    ✭✭✭

I just threw up in my mouth when I read later this month. Figured I would share that
    PS4 NA
  • Platorian
    Platorian
    ✭✭
    I got passed this quest last night, I don't know if it's of any help to anyone, but I'm pretty sure I was lucky, when I last logged off the game I made sure I logged off under the tree next to the Silvenar and the Green Lady.

I logged in lat night at approx 11:30pm GMT - hoping there wasn't anyone there waiting for the quest, luckily there wasn't, as soon as I logged in Werewolves started attacking me and Khali right off the bat, and there it was, the quest wasn't bugged and I managed to follow it all the way through, now moved onto the next mission, happy days :)
  • wcrall
    wcrall
    I was able to finish this quest also, just late at night. I think it was 1am est on a Saturday evening. But it does Not stop you from moving on to coldharbor.
  • Gruntz_II
    Gruntz_II
    ✭✭✭
    Is getting through this bugged quest the only way to coldharbour?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gruntz_II wrote: »
    Is getting through this bugged quest the only way to coldharbour?

Technically no. You can also get to Coldharbour (story-wise) by completing Main Quest Chapter 5.5 and reaching Level 45.

Outside of the story (which means you miss the background to the Coldharbour questline) you can use the "Travel to Player" option to a group member/guild member/friend who is already in Coldharbour.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • RegularX
    RegularX
    Soul Shriven

Can we get an update on this? It's taken Zeni-Bethesda *a year* to fix this quest/story breaking bug? Did the PC patch actually come out? Is the console patch still on schedule?

• RegularX
    RegularX
    Soul Shriven
    wcrall wrote: »
    I was able to finish this quest also, just late at night. I think it was 1am est on a Saturday evening. But it does Not stop you from moving on to coldharbor.

This is now the third quest I've had like this. There is no fix (from a player's point of view ... ) but to wait until you log in at a lucky time without a glitched instance.

And Bethesda wants me to believe that they learned from previous quality issues? Right.
  • RFV71654
    RFV71654
    Now it's September and the quest is still broken at Defend the Silvenar and the Green Lady on Xbox One.
  • Astaris
    Astaris
    Yup Still Broken as of 7 SEP 2015. This is amazing, It is such an important quest. How could they let this slip for so long?
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2017 and this quest is still completely bugged!!! impressive O_o
This discussion has been closed.