The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

@ZOS, Base PVP is the solution.

• Slonekb05
    Slonekb05
    ✭✭✭
    Sharakor wrote: »
    I can't believe you actually suggested this. Sometimes I wish certain people shouldn't be allowed in Cyrodiil, much less make opportunist suggestions that are bound to be accepted only because they fall into the "balance-nerf" category which ironically destroys great PvP.

You obviously don't know a game from a shoe.
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battle leveling is coming to Veteran Ranks in couple week I reckon. Its mass PVP so small differences between players doesnt matter anyway. I personally think chat is the biggest problem, it just leads to zerg vs zerg action and when you've played like that a couple week, you start to predict the outcome, if they go without chat, theres more different kind of battles around the Cyrodil. They should get away from zerg vs zerg action to small, large scale battles, sometimes zerg everywhere instead, you never know what kind of battle theres, that should be their goal. PC is full time zerg action, everybody knows you must zerg or you lose.
    Edited by Sausage on July 1, 2015 3:48PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe OP should consider the AFK player really wasn't AFK and was popping potions and had a high regen build.
    In other words trolling the OP.
  • Ephany
    Ephany
    ✭✭
    You answered your own question when you said you were a melee sorc.
    You'll be hitting for less than you should be.

Maybe a respec would help.
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    Slonekb05 wrote: »
    Then can you explain why i was unable to put a dent in this person while they were AFK for 50sec?

Sorry if you couldn't kill an AFK player in 50 seconds then that had nothing to do with your level. What did you sit there and swing level 1 swords at him whilst missing 2 out of every 3 shots?

No offense intended...

• Merkabeh
    Merkabeh
    ✭✭✭
    Ephany wrote: »

If he is fully spec'd stamina and is using weapon abilities; why would he be hitting for less? Especially at level 15 when there aren't a lot of passives unlocked or free points to put into them?

Serious question...
    Crusader of The Knights of the Alessian Order

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" - Sallington

#CommunicationEquality
  • Ephany
    Ephany
    ✭✭
    Merkabeh wrote: »

If he is fully spec'd stamina and is using weapon abilities; why would he be hitting for less? Especially at level 15 when there aren't a lot of passives unlocked or free points to put into them?

Serious question...

Earlier in the thread he mentioned throwing loads of spells and a few normal attacks.
    If he's spec'd for stamina, then he's just playing wrong.
  • KatzMainTank
    KatzMainTank
    ✭✭✭
    This is only my opinion, but wouldn't PVP make more sense and be a lot more fun if everyone was on equal ground? Armor and lv should play 0 into it. I thought this after last night, i was playing in PVP and i caught a player lv 40, (I am LV15) who was AFK, i starting off with a sneak crit, and beat on him for.. i would say 50 seconds or so, and he eventually realized someone was hitting him and killed me, It would have taken me another 60sec to get him down.There should be different campaigns set up just based on skill. (see below)

When choosing a new campaign you are prompted to make a build (can not change your class), you get to choose your style of armor (Armor is only for skills associated with said armor) and base weapons. You are given (X) amount of Skills points and full access to all skills/morphs.Thats it, once you allocate your points you are set with that build for the duration of campaign.

Thank you for the read, Hopefully this is something upcoming in the future.
    I'm more after having this on its own separate campaign( More options). You would still have the same PVP now if you prefer that.
    If you disagree say why.

No, no, no.

You need to craft better gear. Stop whatever it is your doing right now and go farm mats, research for your preferred set, make it, enchant it, THEN go PvP. Even still if they've earned enough CPs your gonna get mopped. Take it as a lesson that not everyone can be ganked, and refine the so-called skill your referring to.

"He was AFK, then I took an arrow to the knee..."
    EP - V12 - Crafter
    EP - V1 - Stamina NB
    EP - 49 - Stamina Templar
    EP - 46 - StamSorc
    EP - 24 - ManaBlade
    DC - 26 - StamSorc

PSN: KMT_Drahc
    Left Eye Gang dueling guild recruiter, join us!
  • Cernow
    Cernow
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, no, no.

You need to craft better gear. Stop whatever it is your doing right now and go farm mats, research for your preferred set, make it, enchant it, THEN go PvP. Even still if they've earned enough CPs your gonna get mopped. Take it as a lesson that not everyone can be ganked, and refine the so-called skill your referring to.

He's in non-veteran PvP. |The Battle Leveling system means enchants on armour don't matter (enchants are ignored). Quality of gear doesn't matter (level 15 white gives the same stats as level 40x purple). Even the type of armour doesn't matter (light and heavy give same armour).

All you need is white armour + set bonus + traits (mundus, impentetrable). Nothing else matters when crafting for non-vet.
  • Azalin76
    Azalin76
    ✭✭✭
    Skill will always win over level and armor in pvp. Sure higher level players should do more damage, that just makes sense, but just because you can do more damage doesn't mean that you will win. It's just like in life, a fully trained 5 year old martial art student will usually always win against a 40 year old barely trained adult. Brute strength means nothing if you don't know how to harness the skill to use it properly.
  • KatzMainTank
    KatzMainTank
    ✭✭✭
    Cernow wrote: »
    No, no, no.

He's in non-veteran PvP. |The Battle Leveling system means enchants on armour don't matter (enchants are ignored). Quality of gear doesn't matter (level 15 white gives the same stats as level 40x purple). Even the type of armour doesn't matter (light and heavy give same armour).

All you need is white armour + set bonus + traits (mundus, impentetrable). Nothing else matters when crafting for non-vet.

So your saying that when I take off this blue weapon and put on this white weapon, my damage remains the same as long as I'm in Cyro? So when I pop this armor buff my armor remains the same if I were neked? If I spec for DW passives, they don't apply when I switch to bow?
    EP - V12 - Crafter
    EP - V1 - Stamina NB
    EP - 46 - StamSorc
    EP - 24 - ManaBlade
    DC - 26 - StamSorc

• Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zhoyzu wrote: »
    Every mmo I've played, it's always people who pvp that complain the most. And it's always about how their lvl or particular power chosen won't stack up against the others.

A big NO from me too. Character progression, IMO, is always a must. Or what's the point of playing?

A level 15 who is on equal ground with a level 40 (in any game) is what my worst nightmares are made of.

QFT. I've lost count of the number of times that skills have been nerfed for everyone in ESO because of PvP whines.

Thats because NPC dont complain about OP broken face-rolling skills. Whether or not PvPers would have complained about it is irrelevant if the skill is broken OP face-Rolling from the start.

Then Zenimax needs to make changes to those skills apply only while in Cyrodiil.

your request makes sense and id agree. but i think we both know ZoS wouldnt get it right and would possible further break the game.
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zhoyzu wrote: »
    Battle leveling is already a thing. i dont know where you pvped that you didnt have that on at lvl 15.

So NO your suggestion is redundant and unnecessary.

PvP is dead atm anyways outside of black water blade. join a zerg or wait until ZoS take their heads out of the sand.

Battle leveling was set to ON.. So yeah it is relevant

You saying this mean you lost via skill and this thread was a waste of everyones time.

In other words Learn to play
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• Cernow
    Cernow
    ✭✭✭✭
    So your saying that when I take off this blue weapon and put on this white weapon, my damage remains the same as long as I'm in Cyro? So when I pop this armor buff my armor remains the same if I were neked? If I spec for DW passives, they don't apply when I switch to bow?

In non veteran Cyrodiil white gear gives same stats and protection / damage as blue or purple when Battle Leveled.

Enchants on armour are ignored. Enchants on weapons work (some, not all). Traits work (certain ones, but not all). Set bonuses work (some, not all). Mundus stone effects work. All skill and CP passives work. Food & drink buffs work.
  • KatzMainTank
    KatzMainTank
    ✭✭✭
    Cernow wrote: »

In non veteran Cyrodiil white gear gives same stats and protection / damage as blue or purple when Battle Leveled.

Enchants on armour are ignored. Enchants on weapons work (some, not all). Traits work (certain ones, but not all). Set bonuses work (some, not all). Mundus stone effects work. All skill and CP passives work. Food & drink buffs work.

Therefore, what the OP is calling for - "base PvP" - was already implemented at the time of death and that his lack of buff knowledge and inexperience lead to said death?

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/XFLQBUDa0uw/hqdefault.jpg
    EP - V12 - Crafter
    EP - V1 - Stamina NB
    EP - 46 - StamSorc
    EP - 24 - ManaBlade
    DC - 26 - StamSorc

• Jimbob6
    Jimbob6
    This is only my opinion, but wouldn't PVP make more sense and be a lot more fun if everyone was on equal ground?

They have games like this. They are called FPSs. You know. Halo, CoD, those types of games. If you like that style of PvP, go play those games. Stop trying to turn this genre into that genre.

• Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Op's sentiment is that the battle level system is not effective because it has not put him in a position to kill another player in Cyrodiil over a long period of attack.

Sounds like your choices of damage-based skills were not sufficient to break through his resistances and regens. this could be to do with CP bonuses or to do with racials. without knowing what was the race, class and setup, it is difficult to comment.

Would pvp be better if everyone was equal? There are games where that is the case but I think that it is still valid, in some games, to allow people to benefit from the time that they have put into a character - i.e., with the better gear/CPs etc.

I think that it is far better for you to level up a bit rather than ask for a system overhaul. That will put you on an even footing without affecting others in such a major way.

• Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is only my opinion, but wouldn't PVP make more sense and be a lot more fun if everyone was on equal ground? Armor and lv should play 0 into it. I thought this after last night, i was playing in PVP and i caught a player lv 40, (I am LV15) who was AFK, i starting off with a sneak crit, and beat on him for.. i would say 50 seconds or so, and he eventually realized someone was hitting him and killed me, It would have taken me another 60sec to get him down.There should be different campaigns set up just based on skill. (see below)

When choosing a new campaign you are prompted to make a build (can not change your class), you get to choose your style of armor (Armor is only for skills associated with said armor) and base weapons. You are given (X) amount of Skills points and full access to all skills/morphs.Thats it, once you allocate your points you are set with that build for the duration of campaign.

Thank you for the read, Hopefully this is something upcoming in the future.
    I'm more after having this on its own separate campaign( More options). You would still have the same PVP now if you prefer that.
    If you disagree say why.

People dont want to play a PVP endgame system when there is no progression or any reason to build a character. The fun of building a character comes from obtaining gear and skills. rare items and upgrading. Alot of people quit when they hit that "Im finished advancing wall"
  • Merkabeh
    Merkabeh
    ✭✭✭
    Merkabeh wrote: »

Serious question...

Earlier in the thread he mentioned throwing loads of spells and a few normal attacks.
    If he's spec'd for stamina, then he's just playing wrong.

I must have missed that...makes sense.

Thank you!
    Crusader of The Knights of the Alessian Order

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" - Sallington

#CommunicationEquality
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand how the game works, and im questioning how it works. This player was AFK for almost a full 60sec and i was able to do very little dmg,Thats just broke. If this is the case then ZOS should put lower lv's into a completely different bracket . 10-20, 20-30, etc. or do some version of my original suggestion.

- either there was a lag preventing damage at all
    - or you didn´t pay attention (whitestrake?) at what was happening
    - or you did use your skills wrong
    - or you just exagerate to proove your point aka. lying

It´s doable to kill much higher levels, I got killed by much lower levels because the player had much more skill than me.

A good suggestion would be a non-vet campaign without the effect of any champion points. All other modifications going further would drive me off that game/campaign...

Edited by G0ku on July 1, 2015 8:36PM
    - First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade