The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Console gamers dont have a clue what an mmo is.

• MaximumAttackG
    MaximumAttackG
    ✭✭✭
    Xjcon wrote: »
    How do you know that a person who plays a game on a console doesn't have a computer and play that aswell?

Tanks in eso shouldn't get every mob. They get the biggest threat and try to cc/chains the rest to him, the Heals are mostly AOE so if the group gets close to the tank the healer just aoe heals a lot and it's gg.

im just making a generalization of the console community, obviously there are people who play both and obviously not everyone is clueless. I myself play pc and ps4 so yes I know not everyone only owns a console.
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭
    God forbid anyone play a game for fun and play how they want. Nope every one is supposed to build their character specifically dependent on pre defined rules. Screw that. I play a dual weild/ice staff nightblade with my main attribute as magicka. I don't fall into a predefined group. If you don't like it, don't play with me. It makes no difference to me. I do my best to help people I'm playing with it even randoms on the same mission. Surprise surprise. I'm still progressing just fine without a defined role. Gtfo of here with the elitism.
  • Thalmont
    Thalmont
    ✭✭✭
    You gotta give us Console gamers a break we haven't had much practice with MMOs. There's a new MMO on PC every month Console gets 1 or 2 a generation ( I don't know every game ever released but only 2 MMOs for 360 I can think of).
    Like most gamers I tried PC for a time but left for Console because atlest in my experience the Console community was better. I met like minded laid back gamers that enjoyed the game, PC was too PC master race and upity about their PC specs.

More on topic it's a TES game so many bought it for that alone, instead of a game like Neverwinter where people knew they were getting into an MMO. People saw TES and said "MINE!". It sounds like a broken record infinitely on repeat, but patients. After a month or 2 all the crazy Skyrim fanboys will leave and the community will become more MMO conscious. That and you PC peeps need to make guide videos that are up to date to help us newbies out.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thalmont wrote: »
    You gotta give us Console gamers a break we haven't had much practice with MMOs. There's a new MMO on PC every month Console gets 1 or 2 a generation ( I don't know every game ever released but only 2 MMOs for 360 I can think of).
    Like most gamers I tried PC for a time but left for Console because atlest in my experience the Console community was better. I met like minded laid back gamers that enjoyed the game, PC was too PC master race and upity about their PC specs.

More on topic it's a TES game so many bought it for that alone, instead of a game like Neverwinter where people knew they were getting into an MMO. People saw TES and said "MINE!". It sounds like a broken record infinitely on repeat, but patients. After a month or 2 all the crazy Skyrim fanboys will leave and the community will become more MMO conscious. That and you PC peeps need to make guide videos that are up to date to help us newbies out.

In my opinion the missing text chat is a main reason why it feels not a MMO
    Signature

• KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console gamers dont have a clue what an mmo is
    One of the longest running MMOs, FFXI, was initially only released on the PS2 and for much of its life was played by large numbers of console players .. FFXIV has over 4m players and likely more console players than the entire ESO population.

The mindless behaviour you're complaining about didn't just arrive, your prejudice against console players is what this is about.

Edited by KerinKor on July 1, 2015 7:03AM
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    ... ive noticed tanks in eso arent that great at getting every mob to attack them,...

The developers have stated that tanking in ESO is set up to be less about tanking all the mobs and more about holding the most dangerous ones.

And its much better, everyone needs to block, use potions, teamwork to stay alive. I truly hope the tank and spank isnt coming back ever again.
  • Thalmont
    Thalmont
    ✭✭✭

I'm with you on that. It they don't introduce an Area text chat they need to at least implement one for Cyrodiil. Would greatly help PvP coordination and help people find reliable PvE/PvP guilds to join in-game instead of having to shift through forums.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    Samadhi wrote: »
    ... ive noticed tanks in eso arent that great at getting every mob to attack them,...

The developers have stated that tanking in ESO is set up to be less about tanking all the mobs and more about holding the most dangerous ones.

And its much better, everyone needs to block, use potions, teamwork to stay alive. I truly hope the tank and spank isnt coming back ever again.

As a tank you can still CC a group of mobs, if you are not a templar or a nightblade,

And a tank is able to take aggro on multiple targets, evrything depends on how good is the rest of the group.

Good dp's nuke down trash pulls and the tank role in a good situation is just take the mini boss and the big ones, most of the times even without a healer.
    A good tank can carry alone a mediocre group tru evry veteran dungeon ( except for COA) without issues.
    Signature

• Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thalmont wrote: »

I'm with you on that. It they don't introduce an Area text chat they need to at least implement one for Cyrodiil. Would greatly help PvP coordination and help people find reliable PvE/PvP guilds to join in-game instead of having to shift through forums.

Unfortunatly in cyrodill the text chat (on the PC version) is filled with the spy paranoia and i've noticed that pvp is better without chat (less people on the same keep = less lag).

Text chat is needed for social prupose: buy-sell, whispers , recruting for guilds, and as a simple chat for multifactions guilds as the Arena (eu) or Legends (na)
    Signature

• j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Fartman wrote: »
    People need to learn what they're not used to. If this was your first MMO and you had people shouting at your to "play right" the very first time on, would that make you want to continue playing or get fed up that people are unwilling to work with you and teach you things? I've been playing MMORPGs for 16 years, and they weren't all go to point a and then do this at point a to get to point b, I started in Ultima Online where you made your own quests, as well as the devs making them and other players, that's a real MMORPG, these are watered down versions of what they used to be, and what started in catering to casual players was WoW.

For the love of every god known to man why has that game not been remastered!!

Hands down it would Critt WoW for "Too much dmg".. WoW = dead.
  • AnAngryGinger
    AnAngryGinger
    ✭✭✭
    Defined class roles is actually something I miss in this game. I thought that was the case when I bought it.

Nope, any class can use any equipment and buy any skill except for just three lines.

This leaves a lot of room for error. Case and point my main Templar. I get my ass handed to me by anything my level and up and have to wait to do quests in the green. Likely culprit? I built him wrong but now he has learned precious motifs and I can'tafford to reroll him . I also don't know how a skill point reassignment can help considering you'd still have to have the skills leveled up.

I have no problem pm-ing my build to someone who wants to help but I didn't want to post it here and muddy the thread.
    Xuth!
  • Nathano
    Nathano
    ✭✭✭
    OP you are complaining about console users not understanding the mechanics but you don't seem to understand them either.

As a tank you should not be trying to pick up every mob. If you do this you are going to take far too much damage for the healer to cope with.

Also you complain that healers don't identify who the tank is and that is because they don't really need to. There are NO targeted heals in this game. They are mostly aoe and multi-target heals which is why you need to spread the damage more evenly through the group (so no tanking everything). About the only class in the game that can deal with burst damage at low level is a Templar and even then they will go out of magicka quickly so no 1 person should be taking lots of damage.
  • Vorpal_Spork
    Vorpal_Spork
    ✭✭✭
    I'm temporarily trapped on console until I finish building my new PC. Long story. I've been playing MMOs since MUDs though. I'm probably the most experienced MMO player on Earth and I'm playing the PS4 version. Some of us do know what an MMO is. And it's not the console's fault, it's that you're pugging. Even on PC PUGs have people so stupid I wouldn't even have believed they could exist until I met them myself. In WoW I met a level 50 warrior who didn't have defense stance and claimed he couldn't get it yet. When I told him he gets it at lv10 from a class quest he called me an idiot. That's pretty much a normal PUG from my experience. Get a guild and play with them and your friends list exclusively or learn to deal with the short bus crowd. I only have the patience for the former, personally. I don't doubt the platform has some of the responsibility since console's are late to the MMO genre, but it's not like there aren't plenty of morons in PC games too.
  • Vorpal_Spork
    Vorpal_Spork
    ✭✭✭
    Defined class roles is actually something I miss in this game. I thought that was the case when I bought it.

Nope, any class can use any equipment and buy any skill except for just three lines.

This leaves a lot of room for error. Case and point my main Templar. I get my ass handed to me by anything my level and up and have to wait to do quests in the green. Likely culprit? I built him wrong but now he has learned precious motifs and I can'tafford to reroll him . I also don't know how a skill point reassignment can help considering you'd still have to have the skills leveled up.

I have no problem pm-ing my build to someone who wants to help but I didn't want to post it here and muddy the thread.

How is that even possible? My healer got to 15 to unlock weapon swap and the second skill bar with nothing but heals and zapping things with my staff. I didn't even have any offensive skills at all. I was facerolling stuff higher level than me the whole time. It was slow to kill stuff, but that doesn't matter much when you're functionally invincible. After 15 just use your second bar for a DPS spec and use that for soloing.
  • xarguideb17_ESO
    xarguideb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    "Console gamers dont have a clue what an mmo is." <- nuff said. Did you expect something else? Best way to do dungeons, is with friends.
  • ZOS_MaryB
    Hi there, everyone. Due to repeatedly disruptive behavior in this thread, we are going to close it. We understand that people will disagree from time to time, but we ask that trolling, insulting, and spam are not acceptable behavior on the ESOTU forums. We encourage everyone to take a few minutes and read our Code of Conduct. It outlines the guidelines and expected conduct on our forums.

How about a thread giving incoming console players helpful advice on how to choose roles or why roles are important to MMOs. Flex those years of MMO knowledge :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base

Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.