The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

player under the monster by 5 levels?

toad_123
toad_123
so how much less exp would it be for me at vr6 to fight vr12 monsters opposed to fighting vr12 monsters at vr7
Xbox NA only
Vr14 DK
Vr14 NB
Vr14 sorc
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly? No idea. And the system is slightly different for VRs than during 1-50 anyway. If you are Level 25 and fighting Level 32 monsters, your XP reward would be as if you were fighting Level 30 monsters. During VRs, since everything has equivalent level of 50, the system functions differently and percentages start to come into play. There's a post on the forums from a while back about it, but I can't find it right now.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly it's not worth the effort, I find the values from Killing Mobs in Craglorn no different to killing Mobs in a Vr 5 zone!

There are some grind spots that will get you xp fairly quickly due to the quantity of Mobs you're killing, but monster level seems to not make very little difference!

no matter what you do, it will be either grinding quests or grinding Mobs. They should change it to Boredom levels rather than Vet levels...
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly it's not worth the effort, I find the values from Killing Mobs in Craglorn no different to killing Mobs in a Vr 5 zone!

There are some grind spots that will get you xp fairly quickly due to the quantity of Mobs you're killing, but monster level seems to not make very little difference!

no matter what you do, it will be either grinding quests or grinding Mobs. They should change it to Boredom levels rather than Vet levels...

I may be wrong here but as far as I know, you will get more XP grinding mobs in your vet10 zone than craglorn. They nerfed craglorn mob XP pretty hard at some point because people were getting ridiculous XP gains there.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Erock25 's right. You'll get better XP killing anything in the last Gold zone vs Craglorn. It's very counterintuitive.

Regarding your original inquiry, to my knowledge, you don't get more XP from fighting something higher level than you, you will only see diminishing returns if you fight things lower level than you.

You should get the same XP fighting a VR12 at VR6 as you will fighting a VR12 at VR12.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS