The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't use one-handed weapons

Closetotheclouds
Closetotheclouds
Soul Shriven
Hi all. I can't use any one handed weapons.
When I change my weapon my character just has the weapon on her body rather than holding it.
And when I attack, she just punches so I'm forced to use two handed weapons.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Or am I doing something wrong?

• DailyDrunkGamer
    If your over level 15 you unlock the second alternate weapon switch try press <- on the directional pad and switch to the one handed weapons
  • Closetotheclouds
    Closetotheclouds
    Soul Shriven
    So I have to wait till lvl 15 to use one handed weapons?
    That's so stupid
  • xeneblaze
    xeneblaze
    ✭✭✭
    No, you can use whatever weapon you want to. At level 15 you get the ability to switch between 2 weapons, having an ability bar for each. You should make sure your weapon is equipped for Main Hand under weapons in the Inventory menu.
    GuildMaster of Wolves of Destiny
    A fun, social, safe-gaming guild - add Xene68 on PSN with a short message if you would like to join!
  • Closetotheclouds
    Closetotheclouds
    Soul Shriven
    Does this mean I have a glitch then as I can equip a one handed weapon but I cant attack with it, it just makes me punch. .
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, @Closetotheclouds. Is your one-handed weapon equipped in your Main Hand or your Off Hand? If it's in your Off Hand, please try switching it to your Main Hand. Out of Curiosity, are you able to use two one-handed weapons?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hitting with a fist suggests your weapon is not equipped correctly.

A single one handed weapon needs to be in your main hand ... and it levels 1h/shield skill line .. it needs to be equipped via Inventory options for it to work.

Two one handed weapons (one on main the other in off hand) is dual wielding

You don't need a second ability bar to do this.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend