The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

At Lvl 10 I went to Cyrodill

purefitzzman
I found a couple of missions but found that the map seemed really big and I was running forever.
My mission was to get the Elder Scroll and bring it back.All my enemy's were way stronger than myself.
I thought that I would be raiding castles with tons of people but instead felt alone.
What am I missing?
  • Blo0dstorm
    Blo0dstorm
    ✭✭✭
    Hey
    You can't take a scroll on your own.
    Find a group and share the quest:
    Press the 'J' key, select the quest, click share.
    All people from the group will then get the quest reward.
    That will be an incentive for your group to grab the scroll.
    HF :)
  • purefitzzman
    OK Thanks.
    I'm playing Xbox
  • Mitchblue
    Mitchblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't figured that out either. First, I think you get buffed to 50 but you still have the same low level skills so at 10 it's almost impossible. Second, I heard there's a way to tell where the fighting is but still run around forever.

Is there an easy way to see on the map where I should go? I'm level 38 and only tried 3 times, 2 of of those times I didn't even see an enemy. I search and they tell you about Cyrodiil but I can't seem to find out where to go.
    Anyone else rooting for Molag Bal?
  • purefitzzman
    Thanks Mitchblue
    Now I know I'm not crazy
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For best cyrodil experiences, find a group.

Then when you know how it all works, you can do some fun or useful things on your own, or with a few buddies.

But most certainly find a group when you first get there. Also, don't stray too far from the main core of the group, or you will be an easy target.
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd advise you to ask in zone chat for a group invite (there are quite often people who invite others (PC)), but since you're on console...
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You Need to watch wich Keep will be attacked by your ally.

i6VyzwW.jpg

there are the most fights
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Mitchblue
    Mitchblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »
    You Need to watch wich Keep will be attacked by your ally.

i6VyzwW.jpg

there are the most fights

So it has an X nest to the fighting? The map is confusing.

I like to PVP, but I'm guild-less - partly by choice and have no friends who play. I just like to join solo, find some people and join the fight.

Edit: In case anyone ask, I'm PS4 and don't own a mic.
    Edited by Mitchblue on June 30, 2015 9:22AM
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few things about PvP:

1) Join a group, or better yet join a PvP guild. Safety in numbers, especially for lower levels.
    2) You are right about the buffs. You're stats are buffed up to level 50, but only to the bear minimum. So of course being a higher level helps.
    3) When looking at the map, you can see the many keeps. If there is explosive looking stuff around it that keep is under attack. You can hover your mouse over each keep in to see the current stats. You can travel from keep to keep, if they are controlled by your faction. However, you can not travel straight to a keep if it's under attack.
    4) Cyrodiil is big. I suggest getting a mount and focusing on speed. That way you get from A to B faster.

:smile:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cyrodiil 101.
    • The map is your best friend. It will show you which keeps your faction owns (those that have your factions color), where the fight is (crossed swords icon, again color coded by faction color) and most probably where the front line is. Advanced level map users will be able to tell the most probable locations where the enemy will attack by looking at it.
    • Learn to transitus. Within Cyrodiil, you do not use wayshrines to move quick but transitus stones. Look at the one at your starting zone. Go near, use it. It will show you where you can travel (the green routes) and where you can't.
    • Do the tutorial and read the text the first time you do it. It explains the use of siege weaponry, the greater tasks like keep capturing, missions, etc. Skipping through it will leave you clueless.
    • Try to find a group. Don't know exactly how that is supposed to work on console without zone chat, but yeah.
    • Go to the farthest outlying friendly keep you can port to. That one is most likely to be attacked. Stay in there, wait for the attack and learn what people do. To be not entirely useless, either buy a fire balista (can do for gold at the siege vendor inside the respective keep) or equip a restoration staff and spamming grand healing.
    • Always watch and learn.
    • At level 10, don't bother to walk or ride between keeps alone. You will be dead before you arrive. If anything, bite the bullet and sneak the whole way.
    Edited by Leandor on June 30, 2015 9:28AM
  • Blo0dstorm
    Blo0dstorm
    ✭✭✭
    NovaMarx wrote: »
    A few things about PvP:

1) Join a group, or better yet join a PvP guild. Safety in numbers, especially for lower levels.
    2) You are right about the buffs. You're stats are buffed up to level 50, but only to the bear minimum. So of course being a higher level helps.
    3) When looking at the map, you can see the many keeps. If there is explosive looking stuff around it that keep is under attack. You can hover your mouse over each keep in to see the current stats. You can travel from keep to keep, if they are controlled by your faction. However, you can not travel straight to a keep if it's under attack.
    4) Cyrodiil is big. I suggest getting a mount and focusing on speed. That way you get from A to B faster.

:smile:
    Try to unlock as fast as possible the 'rapid maneuver' skill.
    That will help to ride the map faster.

• Mitchblue
    Mitchblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Cyrodiil 101.
    • The map is your best friend. It will show you which keeps your faction owns (those that have your factions color), where the fight is (crossed swords icon, again color coded by faction color) and most probably where the front line is. Advanced level map users will be able to tell the most probable locations where the enemy will attack by looking at it.
    • Learn to transitus. Within Cyrodiil, you do not use wayshrines to move quick but transitus stones. Look at the one at your starting zone. Go near, use it. It will show you where you can travel (the green routes) and where you can't.
    • Do the tutorial and read the text the first time you do it. It explains the use of siege weaponry, the greater tasks like keep capturing, missions, etc. Skipping through it will leave you clueless.
    • Try to find a group. Don't know exactly how that is supposed to work on console without zone chat, but yeah.
    • Go to the farthest outlying friendly keep you can port to. That one is most likely to be attacked. Stay in there, wait for the attack and learn what people do. To be not entirely useless, either buy a fire balista (can do for gold at the siege vendor inside the respective keep) or equip a restoration staff and spamming grand healing.
    • Always watch and learn.
    • At level 10, don't bother to walk or ride between keeps alone. You will be dead before you arrive. If anything, bite the bullet and sneak the whole way.

Good tips, thanks.
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol trying to take a scroll on your own as lvl 10 xd
    first off, your alliance needs to have taken the enemys center keep and the keep closed to the scroll to open the gate to the scroll,
    secondly u need to pass the gate with alot of npc's and probably alot of enemy players since the gate is open

so just stick with the main allied blob and do the kill-quests ;)
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • purefitzzman
    Wow great posts.Thanks
    I might revisit and try again.Sounds like fun.
    Always wanted to be Braveheart.
    Almost got the scroll by Myself.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you do the initial quest when you first arrived, or did you "Go straight to the battlefield?"

It covers all the quest types and mission boards. It also gives you an indication which of those can be done solo/small group, and which are going to require more firepower. The mission boards and the quests themselves also allude to this.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Pman85
    Pman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    If your lost in Cyrodiil, you can find a PvP guild. Some guilds run groups together and some are very effective at what they do.
    Guildmaster - Order of Stendarr [XB1] - Apply today!

Brought to you by Fishy Joe's....Ride the walrus!