You Need to watch wich Keep will be attacked by your ally.
there are the most fights
Try to unlock as fast as possible the 'rapid maneuver' skill.A few things about PvP:
1) Join a group, or better yet join a PvP guild. Safety in numbers, especially for lower levels.
2) You are right about the buffs. You're stats are buffed up to level 50, but only to the bear minimum. So of course being a higher level helps.
3) When looking at the map, you can see the many keeps. If there is explosive looking stuff around it that keep is under attack. You can hover your mouse over each keep in to see the current stats. You can travel from keep to keep, if they are controlled by your faction. However, you can not travel straight to a keep if it's under attack.
4) Cyrodiil is big. I suggest getting a mount and focusing on speed. That way you get from A to B faster.
- The map is your best friend. It will show you which keeps your faction owns (those that have your factions color), where the fight is (crossed swords icon, again color coded by faction color) and most probably where the front line is. Advanced level map users will be able to tell the most probable locations where the enemy will attack by looking at it.
- Learn to transitus. Within Cyrodiil, you do not use wayshrines to move quick but transitus stones. Look at the one at your starting zone. Go near, use it. It will show you where you can travel (the green routes) and where you can't.
- Do the tutorial and read the text the first time you do it. It explains the use of siege weaponry, the greater tasks like keep capturing, missions, etc. Skipping through it will leave you clueless.
- Try to find a group. Don't know exactly how that is supposed to work on console without zone chat, but yeah.
- Go to the farthest outlying friendly keep you can port to. That one is most likely to be attacked. Stay in there, wait for the attack and learn what people do. To be not entirely useless, either buy a fire balista (can do for gold at the siege vendor inside the respective keep) or equip a restoration staff and spamming grand healing.
- Always watch and learn.
- At level 10, don't bother to walk or ride between keeps alone. You will be dead before you arrive. If anything, bite the bullet and sneak the whole way.