Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Provision Writs Need To be Fixed

BigBoi314
BigBoi314
✭✭
I've been stuck on my first Provisioner Writ because I can't find the Chicken Breast Recipe. It's not like I can go out to a certain area and find it like I could with the rest of the crafting materials. They need to either give us set areas where to find certain recipes or change the way we receive the Writs to go by what recipes we already know.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This has been a major complaint since the writs started. You have a couple options. One is get the food you need for the writ from someone who knows the recipe or is selling it in guild stores. The writ will accept the item from any source as long as it was crafted. Another option is to level your skill using the recipes you do know, abandon the quest, and get a writ for a higher level. For the latter approach, there is a good chance you will be asked to make something you don't know. A big irony of provisioning writs is you always seem to get the recipe you need for the writ but don't have as a reward for the writ. Thus the first option is often the best solution.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • BigBoi314
    BigBoi314
    ✭✭
    I've already tried all that. Everyone that I've actually been able to talk to said they don't know that recipe. Every time I abandon the writ and try to get a new one, I get the same one. When I try to see if anyone on here has it or could help me out with it, they close my thread. This is BS!
  • BigBoi314
    BigBoi314
    ✭✭
    They obviously didn't think this thing through.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anecdotally I have found that when I abandon a provisioning writ and then immediately grab a new one from the board, I always get the same writ. If I abandon a provisioning writ and then wait until the next day to grab one from the board, I usually get a different one. So that's worth trying...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigBoi314 wrote: »
    I've already tried all that. Everyone that I've actually been able to talk to said they don't know that recipe. Every time I abandon the writ and try to get a new one, I get the same one. When I try to see if anyone on here has it or could help me out with it, they close my thread. This is BS!

The first recipes are found on the starter islands. I went back to the starter island and offered 500gp for the recipe. I had it before I could get bored and leave the island.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • dragon07
    dragon07
    Soul Shriven
    you can buy a chicken breast from the NPC chef in davons watch NVM DISREGARD I FORGOT IT NEEDS TO BE CRAFTED MY BAD
    Edited by dragon07 on June 29, 2015 11:30PM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If you are on pc and the NA server, send me a pm in-game and I'll either make what you need or find you the recipe. @JadanKorr
  • Jaylaggy
    Jaylaggy
    A little off topic question, but what are these provisioning writs you speak of??

I only know of the clothing, blacksmith, and woodworking writs.

I'm on X1 if that makes a difference

Thx
  • Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found the easiest way to level provisioning was to NOT do writs.
    I just pumped out Black Coffees for an hour, stopping occasionally to apply skill points in the provisioning tree.
    By the time I went to do a writ, I just needed to craft VR5 or 10 stuff.

So just 'coffee grind' and forget all about your chicken breast.
  • BigBoi314
    BigBoi314
    ✭✭
    Jaylaggy wrote: »
    A little off topic question, but what are these provisioning writs you speak of??

Thx

After you're certified in Provisioning, you can pull a Provisioner Writ from the same boards you would for the other writs.
  • BigBoi314
    BigBoi314
    ✭✭
    I just pumped out Black Coffees for an hour, stopping occasionally to apply skill points in the provisioning tree.

Thanks for the tip, I'd still like the recipe for my collection.
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the tip, I'd still like the recipe for my collection.

I would suggest only doing that if you want all of the recipes just to have, because after the writ you will likely never make it again.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaylaggy wrote: »

Thx

After you're certified in Provisioning, you can pull a Provisioner Writ from the same boards you would for the other writs.

It's actually not the same board- you have one board for consumables and one board for equipment. But once you become certified, it should become obvious as the other board will have the quest marker over it.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you guys can maybe get one of your friend to actually craft it for u, or buy them in the guild traders if u lucky
  • upnaudi21
    upnaudi21
    I can make it for ya I'm on Xbox 1 na server
    Upnaudi21 on xbox one belvedere nynx is the name dark elf dragonknight