The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka DK 1vX build video

Etaniel
Etaniel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
A few people have asked me what I currently run, so I made a short video to showcase my setup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAuMK8wSry0

Constructive criticism is appreciated !
Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting armor selection (surprised to see no Bloodspawn). I've been trying a magicka build lately (Stormknight armor) and the lack of stamina is certainly a weakness. Looks like I should redistribute my attributes & make some immovable pots!
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Poxheart wrote: »
    Interesting armor selection (surprised to see no Bloodspawn). I've been trying a magicka build lately (Stormknight armor) and the lack of stamina is certainly a weakness. Looks like I should redistribute my attributes & make some immovable pots!

you're better off without storm knight, I was using it until I realized I was wasting a set bonus slot with the spell resist when I could have had spell dmg or regen there

rip decibel
  • Night-claw
    Night-claw
    ✭✭✭
    etaniel long time no see, Great build! cyrodiil needs more magicka dragonknights
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bloodspawn is definitely a valid solution, it brings more tankiness by adding armor/spell resist and better stamina management, but at the cost of either spell dmg , magicka reg, or base magicka because I would have to take out either magnus or seducer. It means less magicka sustain as a whole and less dps, but's that arguable since I would also get my ultimate more often.
    I personnaly prefer not to rely on procs, and I consider myself to be tanky enough already and I don't wanna cut back too much on the dps.
    And most importantly, having no bloodspawn means i can have cool looking shoulder pads :smiley:
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Quantine
    Quantine
    ✭✭✭
    First, nice build! I especially like how you balanced it out with the skills you're using, because you don't have a gap closer, yet with dragon leap, mist form and even petrify you have some nice tools to lock on people. And the combination of immovability pots + dragon leap is pretty nice, cause the only thing I actually hate about the leap ulti for is that in 1vX you get rooted so much and need to get out of the root to use it -.- Only drawback is immov pots don't give you stamina back and your recovrey is quite low :( But I guess since you don't use Invasion and don't need to break free that often, it is managable.

Not so important, but champ points allocation? I mean for completeness sake :-)

One more thing: Why not deep breath, especially for small groups? You already have such high mana regen...
    Etaniel wrote: »

Bloodspawn is definitely a valid solution, it brings more tankiness by adding armor/spell resist and better stamina management, but at the cost of either spell dmg , magicka reg, or base magicka because I would have to take out either magnus or seducer. It means less magicka sustain as a whole and less dps, but's that arguable since I would also get my ultimate more often.
    I personnaly prefer not to rely on procs, and I consider myself to be tanky enough already and I don't wanna cut back too much on the dps.
    And most importantly, having no bloodspawn means i can have cool looking shoulder pads :smiley:

Hmm... I can understand why you want more mgk sustain, and your gear selection makes perfect sense when combined with your skill selection+pots... not having stamina skills and the immov pots give you breathing room for your stamina management, but still, have you tried some variations?
    Dropping seducer for blood spawn+2 torugs (then it will be doggie's gear) means losing 2 regen bonuses and one max mgk for the sake of higher damage, which can be quite costy for 1vX. However, maybe you can consider it with more champ points into mgk cost reduction. Using blood spawn+2 seducer may work for you though (considering being dark elf with more fire dmg)... cause then you just lose one regen bonus and around 1k max mgk which may be worth the extra stamina sustain+more ulti=more dmg and more resources... Or you could replace the 4 seducer with 1 more magnus for the 5 piece (I know, chance to proc, but a good one), 1 blood spawn for stamina rec and 2 torugs for even more damage(!).... that's what I am running on my DK and although I don't play him much lately, I quite like it.

I must say, since I don't have blood spawn shoulders yet (after tons of dailies and 10 head pieces...), I haven't tested it, but the proc on the spell resist and armor is supposed to stack with your spiked armour. So, combined with nirn it gives you pretty nice resistance. And the debuffs applied to you actually apply on your base spell resist/armour and not on the value you get after the %-buff from nirn is applied. So it seems worth it to me, if you can sustain your mgk pool. Sorry for the Wall of Text, just had some thoughts :-)
    Edited by Quantine on June 29, 2015 11:03AM
    EU | AD | Banana Squad Inc | Arena | The Pariah | Keepers of Cyrodiil

Arulash, DK, rank 33
    Eledwhen Elmwoods, NB, rank 30
    Lil Aru, OP Templar healer, rank 23
    Aru on Flames, DK, rank 17

NA | EP | Banana Squad Inc
    Aru's Sis, DK
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    60k Spell Resi + 30k Armor WHEN bloodspawn procs for me ;), didnt really played much dk recently so no saying if its worth it or not
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Tarnumx
    Tarnumx
    ✭✭✭
    a lot of people keep asking what to do as dk in pvp, so GJ
    I cant find missing hp cos i have 31k mag/24.5k hp/16k stam with foods
    Edited by Tarnumx on June 29, 2015 12:05PM
    Banana Squad Inc

CYKA BLYAT GAMING

youtube.com/channel/UCK7WFB_iXIlWH5ekxnqhi9g
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quantine wrote: »
    First, nice build! I especially like how you balanced it out with the skills you're using, because you don't have a gap closer, yet with dragon leap, mist form and even petrify you have some nice tools to lock on people. And the combination of immovability pots + dragon leap is pretty nice, cause the only thing I actually hate about the leap ulti for is that in 1vX you get rooted so much and need to get out of the root to use it -.- Only drawback is immov pots don't give you stamina back and your recovrey is quite low :( But I guess since you don't use Invasion and don't need to break free that often, it is managable.

One more thing: Why not deep breath, especially for small groups? You already have such high mana regen...

Hmm... I can understand why you want more mgk sustain, and your gear selection makes perfect sense when combined with your skill selection+pots... not having stamina skills and the immov pots give you breathing room for your stamina management, but still, have you tried some variations?
    Dropping seducer for blood spawn+2 torugs (then it will be doggie's gear) means losing 2 regen bonuses and one max mgk for the sake of higher damage, which can be quite costy for 1vX. However, maybe you can consider it with more champ points into mgk cost reduction. Using blood spawn+2 seducer may work for you though (considering being dark elf with more fire dmg)... cause then you just lose one regen bonus and around 1k max mgk which may be worth the extra stamina sustain+more ulti=more dmg and more resources... Or you could replace the 4 seducer with 1 more magnus for the 5 piece (I know, chance to proc, but a good one), 1 blood spawn for stamina rec and 2 torugs for even more damage(!).... that's what I am running on my DK and although I don't play him much lately, I quite like it.

I must say, since I don't have blood spawn shoulders yet (after tons of dailies and 10 head pieces...), I haven't tested it, but the proc on the spell resist and armor is supposed to stack with your spiked armour. So, combined with nirn it gives you pretty nice resistance. And the debuffs applied to you actually apply on your base spell resist/armour and not on the value you get after the %-buff from nirn is applied. So it seems worth it to me, if you can sustain your mgk pool. Sorry for the Wall of Text, just had some thoughts :-)
    First of all thanks for the detailed feedback !
    I'm not at home right now so I can't tell exactly what CP I have, but I placed mostly into magicka regen, cost reduction, stam regen, block cost reduction, break free reduction and a bit into extra armor and spell resist. I have 210 CP right now, I'm a bit behind most people.

I haven't tried many variations yet, before this build I had been using a regen drink build for about 2 months, with 2k magicka regen and 1.3k stam regen so the context was a bit different. I haven't used bloodspawn for a while, mainly because of the nerf after 1.5, but I will probably try it again in a bit, when I get bored of this setup :)
    The immovability potions I showcased in the video give health and magicka, but I can also make health/stamina ones, so I might try that as well if I feel stamina is really too much of a problem.

pjwb16_ESO wrote: »
    60k Spell Resi + 30k Armor WHEN bloodspawn procs for me ;), didnt really played much dk recently so no saying if its worth it or not

That's pretty much what I would get as well, maybe a bit less armor, but those are definitely good numbers to have !
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the stamina regeneration, you don't need that much in this setup:

Heavy armor -> reduced block cost (including CP reduction + 1h/shield) and every 4 seconds a bit magicka/stamina back;
    No stamina skill -> It's only needed for block and break free;
    Immovability potion;
    perma uptime of +20% regen;
    ressources trough ultimates (cheap ones);
    earthen heart passive that gives stamina back -> igneous shield, fossilize.

So rather low stamina costs, a decent stamina pool for a magicka build and much more regen than what is seen in the character screen. Add a few group mates on top of that, and you don't need more :tongue:
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tarnumx wrote: »

Probably the difference made by your amount of CP. You grinded a new char and farmed emp after 1.6 so I guess you have much more CP than Etaniel.
    Edited by Erondil on June 29, 2015 12:58PM
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tarnumx wrote: »

Keep in mind this was out of cyro, but our stats are very similar it seems, I don't see what you find missing
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Bullgar
    Bullgar
    ✭✭
    How many pieces of Nirn are you running? And also, how many heavy/light pieces?
    Bullgar, Orc Templar - DC
    Boglar, Imperial Templar - DC
    Paja Blackmane, Khajit NB - DC
    Bullgara, High Elf DK - DC
    Bull-gar, High Elf Warden - DC
  • Quantine
    Quantine
    ✭✭✭

Heavy armor -> reduced block cost (including CP reduction + 1h/shield) and every 4 seconds a bit magicka/stamina back;
    Immovability potion;

So rather low stamina costs, a decent stamina pool for a magicka build and much more regen than what is seen in the character screen. Add a few group mates on top of that, and you don't need more :tongue:

That's true, but most of it is included in any other similar DK setup, so most informed players already account for their passives/skills when making their builds. And the +20% of GDB is ofc a higher buff when you have a higher recovery base ;-) The only thing that I think compensates for the lower regen Etaniel has over other builds, are really immov pots and not having stamina skills (gap closer)... So as far as theory crafting goes, I think it can work pretty well without an extra stamina regen bonus.

If I hadn't wasted so much money/AP to try out builds on both my chars since 1.6, I might have given it a try to check it out :) But now I am saving for when the new sets come out. I bet I will finally get blood spawn shoulders just when the new sets come in :-|

I'm not at home right now so I can't tell exactly what CP I have, but I placed mostly into magicka regen, cost reduction, stam regen, block cost reduction, break free reduction and a bit into extra armor and spell resist. I have 210 CP right now, I'm a bit behind most people.

I haven't tried many variations yet, before this build I had been using a regen drink build for about 2 months, with 2k magicka regen and 1.3k stam regen so the context was a bit different. I haven't used bloodspawn for a while, mainly because of the nerf after 1.5, but I will probably try it again in a bit, when I get bored of this setup :)
    The immovability potions I showcased in the video give health and magicka, but I can also make health/stamina ones, so I might try that as well if I feel stamina is really too much of a problem.

Just a side remark, I wouldn't put many CP into stamina regen, cause your base regen is low, it won't give you much, I would rather put the green points into magicka cost reduction or mgk regen and in break free cost reduction.
    I like the immov pots with mgk, there are some with speed buff too, but that's more useful for stamblades I guess, and you do have mistform, soo.... If you'd have stamina in your pot, it won't stack with your GDB unfortunatelly, not much of an issue, but you just get more utility if you have magicka in the pot I think. Unless you really find yourself in need of that extra stamina injection :-) It's worth a try though!

Oh, and what about the Deep Breath morph?

Arulash, DK, rank 33

Aru's Sis, DK
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Immovability potion;

That's true, but most of it is included in any other similar DK setup, so most informed players already account for their passives/skills when making their builds. And the +20% of GDB is ofc a higher buff when you have a higher recovery base ;-) The only thing that I think compensates for the lower regen Etaniel has over other builds, are really immov pots and not having stamina skills (gap closer)... So as far as theory crafting goes, I think it can work pretty well without an extra stamina regen bonus.

If I hadn't wasted so much money/AP to try out builds on both my chars since 1.6, I might have given it a try to check it out :) But now I am saving for when the new sets come out. I bet I will finally get blood spawn shoulders just when the new sets come in :-|

Just a side remark, I wouldn't put many CP into stamina regen, cause your base regen is low, it won't give you much, I would rather put the green points into magicka cost reduction or mgk regen and in break free cost reduction.
    I like the immov pots with mgk, there are some with speed buff too, but that's more useful for stamblades I guess, and you do have mistform, soo.... If you'd have stamina in your pot, it won't stack with your GDB unfortunatelly, not much of an issue, but you just get more utility if you have magicka in the pot I think. Unless you really find yourself in need of that extra stamina injection :-) It's worth a try though!

Deep breath is a cool morph, but the interrupt is too situational in my opinion.
    On the other hand, I can make use of the draw essence morph every time I cast it, which is why I prefer it.
    It's not light and day if you see what I mean, I like both but I slightly prefer draw essence
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Quantine
    Quantine
    ✭✭✭

Immovability potion;

Deep breath is a cool morph, but the interrupt is too situational in my opinion.
    On the other hand, I can make use of the draw essence morph every time I cast it, which is why I prefer it.
    It's not light and day if you see what I mean, I like both but I slightly prefer draw essence

Fair enough ;-) It's quite nice to stop ppl from resing and casting bombs though..., don't need to bash that often and gives you the off-balance effect ;-) Just thought you're already good on mgk regen, that's why I asked. I guess deep breath is more a group-play morph than 1vX, I can imagine Draw Essence may be a bit more useful in this situation.

Arulash, DK, rank 33

Aru's Sis, DK
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Immovability potion;

Fair enough ;-) It's quite nice to stop ppl from resing and casting bombs though..., don't need to bash that often and gives you the off-balance effect ;-) Just thought you're already good on mgk regen, that's why I asked. I guess deep breath is more a group-play morph than 1vX, I can imagine Draw Essence may be a bit more useful in this situation.

Actually now that I think of it, it could come in handy vs those annoying jesus beam casters, that constantly recast it even in melee range. I usually die because I have to stay close to them for perma bashing, while there are other targets around that need more attention. I might rethink my morphs when I come home ^^
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Quantine
    Quantine
    ✭✭✭

Immovability potion;

Actually now that I think of it, it could come in handy vs those annoying jesus beam casters, that constantly recast it even in melee range. I usually die because I have to stay close to them for perma bashing, while there are other targets around that need more attention. I might rethink my morphs when I come home ^^

Haha, yeah, the "jesus beam combo" users as a friend called it :-D

Arulash, DK, rank 33

Aru's Sis, DK
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus Beam is the ESO way of marking a target.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf