The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't seem to bite NPC's as a vampire

ddneso
ddneso
Hi,

I recently became a vampire and have noticed the vampirism "3" in my character sheet. Needless to say, I need to feed on a humanoid NPC!

I'm playing a sorcerer high elf and my skill bar is filled with abilities. When I crouch/sneak and go behind an NPC I see the "Feed - press O and V" (triangle & circle) however, ever time I press the two buttons, I do not feed and my character uses his spells on his bar.

I've tried this with yellow bar NPC's (doesn't seem to work on green - vendor/quest NPC's) including people walking around in rooms alone in a bar, or even lone guards standing outside the gates to a city. I have only tried this during daytime and it doesn't seem to be working.

What am I doing wrong?

I noticed I had the vamprism 3 de-buff before ever reaching level 4 - I was wondering if the first time you need to hit 4 in order to turn on the mechanics or something - but then why do I have the option to bite/feed?

Either way - my buttons to feed are showing up because I'm crouching/sneaking behind an NPC, but pressing the two buttons does nothing.

Help please!
  • ddneso
    ddneso
    Oh, just for clarification - it's either circle&triangle, or triangle&square (I just cant recall specifically at the time of posing this) but I am pressing the right buttons that pop up on the screen.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not on a console myself, but it looks like it is indeed circle and triangle together:
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Controls

The command given is "use sysnergy", and it is simular to the X on the pc.
    Maybe you have remapped keys in the interface??

it is the same function for making combo's with certain skills (for example when during a fight you see "press .... to use impale"
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • YouAreNotAUchiha66
    YouAreNotAUchiha66
    Soul Shriven
    Out of curiosity why are you bothering with feeding? I also have vampire and you get the best out of it by being stage 4. Yes there are some small set backs but with a few items and upgrades in the skill the downsides can be easily negated.
  • ddneso
    ddneso
    Ranique wrote: »
    Not on a console myself, but it looks like it is indeed circle and triangle together:
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Controls

The command given is "use sysnergy", and it is simular to the X on the pc.
    Maybe you have remapped keys in the interface??

it is the same function for making combo's with certain skills (for example when during a fight you see "press .... to use impale"

Nah, thanks but I'm using the right keys. Nothing's remapped. I figured that might be clear with my button clarification and yes it's O & V on PS4 and it's just not toggling for some reason
  • ddneso
    ddneso
    I've been doing some testing, and it worked on HOSTILE NPC's in the world.

I thought this skill was supposed to work on town NPC's also ?

• Menegroth
    Menegroth
    ✭✭✭
    You probably have the option Prevent Attacking Innocents activated. Go to Settings > Gameplay and deactivate it.
    "I see", said the blind man
  • ddneso
    ddneso
    Oh.. you're right ! That HAS to be it. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that as soon as servers are back up