Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [EXTENDED] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)

Blacksmith and crafting steel

rcdelacr
rcdelacr
Soul Shriven
I just hit level 16 and an imperial and trying to craft steel armor, but every time I do it keeps appearing in the iron style? Anyone know why?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have the blacksmith passive (the first one, the one that is X/9) up to at least 2? If not, then you can only craft with the lowest level of materials.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • rcdelacr
    rcdelacr
    Soul Shriven
    I do have that and I created the steel items already but when i wear it it appears as iron when I wear it
  • rcdelacr
    rcdelacr
    Soul Shriven
    Anyone?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm odd.

Post some pics
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Tylersoh
    Tylersoh
    ✭✭✭
    Did you get the ore called "high iron"
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you go to the crafing table screen, which level/materials show as you can make them, and which are still 'redded out'? What ores/ingots do you have (on that character's person or in bank).

Are you saying the icons are the same, or that when you equip it looks the same (or similar).

Posting screenshots (upload them to imgur and then use the forum link to post them here) will help folks help you.
  • NBAballar18
    NBAballar18
    ✭✭
    rcdelacr wrote: »
    I just hit level 16 and an imperial and trying to craft steel armor, but every time I do it keeps appearing in the iron style? Anyone know why?

did you solve your problem?