Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [EXTENDED] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)

Ab welchen lvl Vampirquest?

onlyArgy
onlyArgy
Hallo Liebe Community,
Ich wollte in kürze einen neuen Char erstellen,und mich zum Vampir machen lassen. Meine Frage: Ab welchen lvl kann man den Vampirquest meistern? Soweit ich weiß wird der ja nicht wie der WW-Quest auf dein lvl skaliert.
Danke im voraus,

Argy
  • onlyArgy
    onlyArgy
    Edit: Sorry,this belongs to the German forum haha. I don't realize that i'm posting that in the english forum. But yea anyways. Which lvl do i need with a new character to do the vampire quest?
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Against popular believe, the quest is not scaled. The foes you face are always the same. The reason this "myth" exist is cause the mechanics of the quest changed. Nothing is scaled but the temporary vampire skills. on top of that, the foes got downgraded a good amount too.

I did it at level 14, I was stupid and removed the vampire skills (and don't do this, you can't get them back) but still was capable of finishing it with some trouble.

So my guess is that you can do it when you are level 8.

BUT...why would you??

The vampire skillline levels on XP. the amount of XP gained at low level is so low that the moments of evolution will not come much quicker, if you wait a few levels. So my recommendation is to wait till you are level 15-ish atleast. don't hurry, cause there is no need!
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • onlyArgy
    onlyArgy
    Ranique wrote: »
    Against popular believe, the quest is not scaled. The foes you face are always the same. The reason this "myth" exist is cause the mechanics of the quest changed. Nothing is scaled but the temporary vampire skills. on top of that, the foes got downgraded a good amount too.

I did it at level 14, I was stupid and removed the vampire skills (and don't do this, you can't get them back) but still was capable of finishing it with some trouble.

So my guess is that you can do it when you are level 8.

BUT...why would you??

The vampire skillline levels on XP. the amount of XP gained at low level is so low that the moments of evolution will not come much quicker, if you wait a few levels. So my recommendation is to wait till you are level 15-ish atleast. don't hurry, cause there is no need!

Nono,i don't want to be a Vampire at lvl 8 or something. I was more thinking of lvl 20 or a little bit higher. I know that don't get so much xp if you're vampire at low level. So no..not at low lvl,definitely no. I just want to know at which lvl you can do this quest without some trouble with...dying or something.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    My recommendation is to NOT vamp until you are lvl 40+

Fire weakness and reduced health regeneration can cause significant loss of enjoyment until you are really comfortable with playing your character in ESO and have a decent number of skill points to spend.

Interestingly 40+ was how the original quest line was pitched, with quest mobs being lvl 42, despite being doable at lower levels with a kiting build.

I have heard that the mobs now scale down as low as lvl 12 ... but low level vamps are asking for trouble in my less than humble opinion.

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's possible to do the quest with lvl 3 or 4, but I wouldn't recommend to do that if you are a new player. Being a vampire will just make almost everything harder than it is, especially in the beginning when you allready get full disadvantages, but almost no advantages from your vampirism.