Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: June 26th, 2015"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Crown Store Showcase: June 26th, 2015."

3dc246122e36a64efcc57ad80cc93ffe.jpg

We've got some exciting new additions coming to the Crown Store next month, including a limited time Frost Mare mount. Check out the full article to see all of our upcoming offerings!
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im haveing à holiday so i cant buy the horse what now ? @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by gresiac on June 26, 2015 7:05PM
  • LuminaLilly
    LuminaLilly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Especially psyched for the evening dress. I just wish it wasn't so poofy, like the wedding dress.
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I need that horse in my collection when riding through Cyrodiil!

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules for this thread]
    Edited by ZOS_MatM on June 28, 2015 1:53AM
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gresiac wrote: »
    Im haveing à holiday so i cant buy the horse what now ? @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

To bad for you then. its not their problem :)
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Woot!!! Best crown store update so far!
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • LillyAngel
    LillyAngel
    ✭✭
    OMG... That dress will fit my Vampire Dunmer DK just perfectly and the horse... oh my... thanks ZOS. Amazing stuff :)

Keep it coming ;)

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
  • Darkknight2366
    Darkknight2366
    Soul Shriven
    Is this going to be on the consoles aswell?
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sure is, @Darkknight2366! You'll be able to get your Frost Mare during the advertised period on consoles, too. :)
    Jason Leavey
    Staff Post
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    Not to be negative, but more crown store items and still nothing about the next content update/DLC? Not asking for every lick of information, but just something we haven't heard to keep us begging for more. SOMETHING to keep us going. The silence about it is killing me! :(
    (NA) Anlaemar with 750+ Champion Points
    Member Since April 15, 2014
    (EP)Alrik Vadason - Nord Dragonknight
    Tank
    (EP)Matdasi Hlarrobar - Breton Mageblade
    Formerly known as Ra'dar Ahdhari - Main DPS 40k Self Buffed
    (EP)Marrec Vadason - Breton Templar Healer
    (EP)Nameless - Altmer Sorcerer - Secondary DPS
    - The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason -
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Anlaemar we've stated that we'll be sharing more details about Imperial City in July--that's pretty soon. :)
    Jason Leavey
    Staff Post
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    @Anlaemar we've stated that we'll be sharing more details about Imperial City in July--that's pretty soon. :)

Ok, not much talk about that time frame that I've noticed so that's just my fault. Thanks for the information, though. :)
    (NA) Anlaemar with 750+ Champion Points
    Member Since April 15, 2014
    (EP)Alrik Vadason - Nord Dragonknight
    Tank
    (EP)Matdasi Hlarrobar - Breton Mageblade
    Formerly known as Ra'dar Ahdhari - Main DPS 40k Self Buffed
    (EP)Marrec Vadason - Breton Templar Healer
    (EP)Nameless - Altmer Sorcerer - Secondary DPS
    - The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason -
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone please help me to understand the lore behind the ice horse in more detail? How this follow lore of the TES games? From my understanding, summoning Oblivion critters only be done by train mages, not every Joe on the street and his mother. So ZOS, how can you have that everyone has an ice horse from the planes of Oblivion and still keep it with establish lore?

TBH, I don't like the fire horse or the stupid bear for the same reason I don't like an ice horse -- [snip] I still hate the idea in games that says: "if it can move, let us make a mount with it."

I can live with gold farmers, bugs, delay updates or server crashes, the quickest way to drive me and many others who love the TES game lore is to throw it out of the window. Lore SHOULD always go 1st.

The rest of the items of the items in this preview looks cool and I am digging the Gothic dress. It is / will be hard to over look lore mistakes like fire, ice and bear mounts. Worst case, I can wait for BGS who is the true master of TES games to make TES 6 and respect their lore. ESO is a spin off game after all, I am still loading out hope for it in the lore department. If ZOS keep breaking TES lore, then ZOS will force me to leave ESO.

Can anyone ( I hope ZOS can) help me with my lore concerns? Thanks.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 3, 2023 6:50PM
  • Andarne
    Andarne
    ✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    Can someone please to me the lore behind the ice horse in more detail? How this follow lore of the TES games? From my understanding, summoning Oblivion critters only be done by train mages, not every Joe on the street and his mother. So ZOS, how can you that everyone has an ice horse from the planes of Oblivion and still keep it with estabish lore?

TBH, I don't like the fire horse or the stupid bear for the same reason I don't like an ice horse -- [snip] I still hate the idea in games that says: "if it can move, let us make a mount with it."

I can live with gold farmers, bugs, delay updates or server crashs, the quickest way to drive me and many others who love the TES game lore is to throw it out of the window. Lore SHOULD always go 1st.

I agree, completely. Bethesda has usually been very good with this sort of thing; I can only hope that Zenimax learns from mistakes. The extreme liklihood is that they are using them as money-sinks for us gullable idiots.
    The rest of the items of the items in this preview looks cool and I am digging the Gothic dress. It is / will be hard to over look lore mistakes like fire, ice and bear mounts. Worst case, I can wait for BGS who is the true master of TES games to make TES 6 and respect their lore. ESO is a spin off game after all, I am still loading out hope for it in the lore department. If ZOS keep breaking TES lore, then ZOS will force me to leave ESO.

You're not alone. It was like this with me when I played LotRO on the dedicated RP server Laurelin - so many things were lore-breaking, eventually culminating in me leaving because Turbine went for buck against book.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 3, 2023 6:51PM
    Andarne [PC-EU]
    Falvis Beran - Ebonheart Pact Loyalist - Redoran Battlemage
    ALMSIVI, grant Mercy. ALMSIVI, grant Mystery. ALMSIVI, grant Mastery. Blessed are we that serve ALMSIVI.

Twitter | Darny3D | Beta Tester 2014 & 2017
  • ZylnorWrath_ESO
    really enjoy this! the new mount and pet is great, and the outfit is very nice. I just wish there was more male outfits that stand out. We have the wedding dress, and now this Evening dress. why not have the same for male characters?
    PSN: iTofuMan

Mains:
    Imperial DragonKnight
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone please to me the lore behind the ice horse in more detail? How this follow lore of the TES games? From my understanding, summoning Oblivion critters only be done by train mages, not every Joe on the street and his mother. So ZOS, how can you that everyone has an ice horse from the planes of Oblivion and still keep it with estabish lore?

I can live with gold farmers, bugs, delay updates or server crashs, the quickest way to drive me and many others who love the TES game lore is to throw it out of the window. Lore SHOULD always go 1st.

It's a high fantasy game. A neon green bloated pig with pink glows and golden wings can be lore correct in a magical world as Nirn. Every Joe on the street and his mother probably beat Molag Bal by now and any class can do overpowered moves anyways. If there is an universe that magic stuff is so common is the Elder Scrolls one.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 3, 2023 6:51PM
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the looks of the horse. Unfortunately, I won't get it or any other horse due to the huge, ugly and obnoxious horse saddlebags that appear with purchased storage slots. I've sent feedback on this numerous times but guess there are no plans for the Devs to adjust the horse bag art or at least allow us to hide them. Oh well, guess I'll keep riding my cats.
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone please help me to understand the lore behind the ice horse in more detail? How this follow lore of the TES games? From my understanding, summoning Oblivion critters only be done by train mages, not every Joe on the street and his mother. So ZOS, how can you have that everyone has an ice horse from the planes of Oblivion and still keep it with establish lore?

Lore went out the window the moment they decided to have a "chosen one" storyline in an MMO setting.

Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No discounts this time? Pity I was hoping to spend my 500 console crowns on something.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be more details than you announced round about last September when you said it was close to being finished I assume.
  • vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    ✭✭✭✭
    And now you can see the reason why they wont allow costumes to be dyed so they can "dye" it and sell it as a new costume.So lame.
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Would it be too much to ask Zmax to please fix the patch manifest errors and stuff like that before putting out more eye candy for cash?
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anybody else unable to get to the article?

Clicking on the link takes me to the agegate: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/agegate

Filling in my DOB takes me to the front page: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us

Clicking on "Continue to gaming site takes me to: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/home

Clicking on the Crown Store Article takes me back to the age gate.

I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and IE).
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @k9mouse: FYI bear mounts were already in lore; there was one being used as a mount in one of the books by Greg Keyes.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @k9mouse: FYI bear mounts were already in lore; there was one being used as a mount in one of the books by Greg Keyes.

@WhiteCoatSyndrome
    Thanks! Do you know the name of the said in game book by chance?
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@WhiteCoatSyndrome
    Thanks! Do you know the name of the said in game book by chance?
    They're real physical books, not in-game lorebooks. There are two, The Infernal City and Lord of Souls. The bear in question was ridden by one of Hircine's hunters.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not an in-game book. It's an actual hold-in-your-hands book, one of two. *checks* The bear mount is in the first one, "The Infernal City" by Greg Keys. Part 3, Chapter 7, appears on page 241 if it makes a difference. And it's rider is a werebear.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like the looks of the horse. Unfortunately, I won't get it or any other horse due to the huge, ugly and obnoxious horse saddlebags that appear with purchased storage slots. I've sent feedback on this numerous times but guess there are no plans for the Devs to adjust the horse bag art or at least allow us to hide them. Oh well, guess I'll keep riding my cats.

I only train capacity up to 19 on most of my toons for this very reason.
    I wish you could turn on/off the straps/bags/armor for mounts.
    I also wish you had different looking upgrades and the ability to dye them.
    I didn't bother getting the black senche after seeing a fully upgraded one. Red leg warmers was just a deal breaker for me.
    Edited by Forztr on June 27, 2015 12:29AM
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that when you bring this frost mount back in the future, you sell a quest to obtain it for lore/immersion's sake.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty horse. Ugly saddlebags. bleh
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can live with gold farmers, bugs, delay updates or server crashes, the quickest way to drive me and many others who love the TES game lore is to throw it out of the window. Lore SHOULD always go 1st.

There is no reason it should exist. We had this discussion before, and somehow decided that it is a normal horse that has been fed some kind of Frostsalt diet or potion over a period of time.

It's not the first time the community has to come up with lore-appropriate explanations, but in this case it feels unsettling because it's such an obvious cash-thing. Some word from Lawrence Schick on this would be great, though.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 3, 2023 6:52PM
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.