Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4. Unable/don't know how to place an ability in L1+R1 slot

Beef_Nacho
Beef_Nacho
Soul Shriven
Playing on PS4.
How do I set an ability (whether it be ultimate or not, I'll take whatever ability I can get at this point) to the L1+R1 hotkey?
Everything I read on ultimate abilities are a) for PC b) are about said abilities not charging c) other bugs concerning ultimate abilities.
I can't select the L1+R1 slot, and from what I understand, you get ultimate abilities at level 10: I'm level 14.
Tutorials have nothing about ultimate abilities at all, and any question that even barely comes close to mine were asked just under two weeks ago and haven't been answered.
These forums are a mess.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it's the same as setting any others, but the ability, set it. Only difference is you can only set it in a set and ultimates are the only things that can be set.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't get them at character level 10, but at a specific level of the skill line. For class skills that's level 12. Did you spend a point on an ultimate ability in one of your class trees?
    Edited by Rosveen on June 24, 2015 8:06AM
  • Beef_Nacho
    Beef_Nacho
    Soul Shriven
    Haven't had an option to do so Rosveen. I'll never be able to check either. Patch is taking three hours to download.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beef_Nacho wrote: »
    Haven't had an option to do so Rosveen. I'll never be able to check either. Patch is taking three hours to download.

I'll dive a bit deeper than Rosveen did.

Ultimate abilities are different than regular abilities. ONLY ultimate abilities can be put in that slot. In order to do so - you must unlock an ultimate ability using a skill point.

On the PS4, you slot it just like the other abilities - except obviously only ultimates are allowed in that "ultimate ability" (last) slot. No need to go away from the screen where you slot the rest of your abilities.

As for the patch thing.. couple things I have heard helped. Pausing and starting the download. Pausing then rebooting your ps4. Or.. pause.. shut off PS4.. restart router (leave off for 5-10 minutes) and turn PS4 on and resume download.

Once you get back on - if you need clearer exact instructions just send me a message. I'll be able to be on PS4 in about 3 hours from now :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Beef_Nacho
    Beef_Nacho
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks! That's the clearest information I've gotten for this game. It's hard to learn a new game when all you read is no better than rumor. I'll look into the ultimate abilities after work. Again thanks.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure a box pops up when you unlock your first ultimate ability.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...