Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question for night blades

Slicster
Slicster
Soul Shriven
What's the fastest way to get shadowy ability up?
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are you asking the fastest way to level up the shadow line?
  • Slicster
    Slicster
    Soul Shriven
    No I mean the shadowy disguise ability, it just does not go up for me, and it's useless for 2.5 seconds
  • BiohazardXII
    BiohazardXII
    Soul Shriven
    Specific skills exp is spread among your bar, so you can just slot the skill and it will level,

Skill line, use only skills from that specific tree. The more skills from that tree that are slotted, the more exp goes to that specific tree.

I.E A player slotting two abilities from the Bow tree will rank Bow up faster than the player slotting 1 Bow ability.

Easy answer, use shadow line skills, the more of them you have on your bars the faster it goes.
  • Slicster
    Slicster
    Soul Shriven
    So if I only have shadow line skills slotted, all the Xp will go to that skill line?
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    That's the fastest way to level it yes
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slicster wrote: »
    So if I only have shadow line skills slotted, all the Xp will go to that skill line?
    Yes. Also, all sources of experience points are applicable. The best way to level abilities is to put them on your secondary weapon bar and switch to that while turning in quests. Since your main issue seems to be leveling that specific ability, it does not matter how many shadow abilities you have on your bar, each individual ability will only gain the experience once and only as long as it is on the currently active action bar.

Keep in mind though that the only way to extend the duration of shadowy disguise is by putting points into the "Dark Veil" passive, extending it from 2.5 seconds duration to 2.9 seconds duration.

In general, ESO has a very active buffing system and most ability durations are very short and require frequent reapplication.
  • Slicster
    Slicster
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks guys
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    I lvled it fast using every time i used an abilty