Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP Help?

deadlykitten6
So tried pvp for first time today im lvl 45. Little confused on what I'm supposed to do it gave me a quest? I've played pvp in games before and played elder scrolls every one that has come out but Not comprehending the pvp in this one. So am i supposed to do quests? Or do i try to find other players and kill them I'm so lost. Thanks for the help

Best Answers

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    My thought about PvP questing is that unless you are in a group focused on the task, simply join in on the mass brawling for region control and some of the quests will slowly be fulfilled anyway (esp kill enemy player, and scroll capture sometimes control of a specific point)

Being grouped improves enjoyment and survivability
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

Answer ✓
  • Spark
    Spark
    ✭✭✭
    Do you mean the introduction quest for Cyrodiil? After completing that you'll get skill points and can start advancing in alliance ranks. There are also some PvE quests in the zone, which are completely optional. But if you go to your starting area, you can get quests like "kill 20 enemy players" or "capture x keep". Capturing and defending keeps and resources is where the action is mostly at.
    Answer ✓
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are different things to do in Cyrodiil. For PvP, there is an intro quest that lets you learn about things like siege, the importance of Elder Scrolls, etc, and when you are done you get a skill point.

As @Spark wrote, one of the two gates for each Alliance has four PvP quest boards, which is also covered in that intro quest. They include quests to kill 20 enemy players (one for any class, and then one each for individually classes, so there are five in total: "Kill 20 Enemy Players", "Kill 20 Enemy Dragonknights", "Kill 20 Enemy Templars", Kill 20 Enemy Nightblades", and Kill 20 Enemy Sorcerers"). The "Kill 20" quests are limited to one of each type per day. The other three boards have quests to capture a particular resource (like the mine at Chalman Keep), or a particular stronghold (like Castle Alessia), or to scout a stronghold or resource.

You don't have to take these quests. You can kill enemy players and capture enemy strongholds and resources without them, and still get XP and AP (Alliance Points). But, if you have such quests you can turn them in for even more XP and AP.

There are also other quests/activities in Cyrodiil...
    There are also PvE quests that only give XP. Most of them involve one of the major Cyrodiil quest hubs: Bruma, Cheydinhal, Chorral/Weynon Priory, Cropsford, and Vlastarus. Sometimes you will find an object or NPC that gives a quest to go and talk to someone in one of these towns. Those are one-time quests. But each quest hub also has two main quest givers who offer a series of quests that can be repeated daily. There is an achievement for each quest hub if you've done all of its daily quests at least once, and another achievement if you've done all of the quest hubs. Doing all of the quest hubs in Cyrodiil and getting the "adventurer" achievement for each Alliance outside of Cyrodiil gets you another achievement. So, lots of completionists visit these hubs.

There are a few other PvE quests in Cyro. A one-off that doesn't take you to a quest hub involves finding chunks of rock from Ash Mountain to make wine. And if you have the right fighters guild passive you can get bounty quests for particular types of NPCs like goblins are bandits.

In addition, there are non-quest PvE activities such as delves in Cyrodiil, that often have multiple bosses, as well as a skyshard per delve as well. They also sometimes contain lorebooks. Beating a delve boss in Cyrodiil buffs your AP gain for an hour. And there is a master delver achievement for Cyrodiil and another for Cyrodiil delves + all Alliance Zone delves. There are Cyrodiil dolmens (also count toward a Cyrodiil and a Tamriel-wide achievement) as well as skyshards and lore books scattered around outside of delves.
    ...but they also are optional. Basically just focus on what you find fun and rewarding. :)
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Answer ✓
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok thank you that makes way more sense. Guess it just seemed confusing having quests in pvp area to me.

lol yeh it kinda did to us, too. I think they were trying to entice players into Cyro that would normally not go near a pvp zone.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
    Answer ✓
  • deadlykitten6
    I grouped with a friend from my guild but it was his first time in pvp to and the guys we do dungeons with weren't on. I think it will be better with a group guess i was more asking are you supposed to do the quests like one was kill the leader of a group so i did that but it was a npc not a player thought it was weird
  • deadlykitten6
    Ok thank you that makes way more sense. Guess it just seemed confusing having quests in pvp area to me.