The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Battlemaster's Corner - The Howling Temple"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Battlemaster's Corner - The Howling Temple."

Read about this featured player build, a fearless Templar, in our latest issue!
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Battlemaster's Corner - The Howling Temple."

Read about this featured player build, a fearless Templar, in our latest issue!

Just curious what the health/stamina stats are on this build? Based on the equipment, enchantments, and point distribution it looks like the health would be rather low. Too low for things like Trials where you need nearly 20k health just to not get one hit killed.
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    It really doesnt take all that much to get to 20k when you consider food buffs. What you do is put your food buff on then put points into health until you get to 20k. The rest goes into Stam. I am guessing with his limited points into health and the few enchants hes at or over 20k.
    I'm kind of a small deal!
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A great build. Seem it in action myself as we run content together.
  • Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    ✭✭✭
    KYO!!!!!! Awesome build bud, grats on getting featured.

@Slayer9292_ESO
    Dont let the beard fool you, he is smart enough to know what's needed for trials. Yes he has over 20k health and Ive personally seen him parse up to 16k DPS. Having seen this build in action I can say he is a beast!
    Dreddnawt - Orsimer Aedric Crusader
    Alexstrasza Drogon - Imperial Infernal Dragon
    Daggerfall Covenant

TESO / PC / NA Server
  • SuperAgentCT
    SuperAgentCT
    Soul Shriven
    I really like what I read for this build! I was looking to try the Aedric Warden but now I think I am wanting to go the Howling Temple route. I am an Imperial who just recently switched over to two-handed weapons and became a werewolf. A visual breakdown (skill calculator) or link to one would be nice if one could be supplied. Congrats on the feature btw! :)
  • Dthhwk
    Dthhwk
    ✭✭
    I really like what I read for this build! I was looking to try the Aedric Warden but now I think I am wanting to go the Howling Temple route. I am an Imperial who just recently switched over to two-handed weapons and became a werewolf. A visual breakdown (skill calculator) or link to one would be nice if one could be supplied. Congrats on the feature btw! :)

Thank you, I created a skill calc just because that you can look at, also Thank you Cously and Dredd, you two helped inspire me to do this :)http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#1.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
    Server: PC - North America - Daggerfall/Ebonheart

Guilds: Westwind Claws| Legion of the Bloodworks

Kyolus | Templar | DC | Stamina DPS
    Aria the Hurricane | Sorcerer | DC | Stamina DPS
    Sebastian Shurkan | Dragon Knight | DC | Magicka DPS
    El Blanco Diablo | Nightblade | DC | Tank
    Finds-The-Crit | Nightblade | DC | Stamina DPS
    Shadow Hwk | Sorcerer | DC | Stamina DPS
    Shadow Kasai | Nightblade | EP | Magicka DPS
    Life Hwk | Templar | DC | Magicka DPS/Healer
    Lord Testiclies | Dragon Knight | EP |Tank
    Venom Hwk | Dragon Knight | DC | Stamina DPS
  • SuperAgentCT
    SuperAgentCT
    Soul Shriven
    Dthhwk wrote: »

Thank you, I created a skill calc just because that you can look at, also Thank you Cously and Dredd, you two helped inspire me to do this :)http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#1.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

Thank you very much! I really appreciate it! Your link didn't work initially. It looks like you had a duplicate link attached to the initial link. This one works : esohead.com/calculator/skills#1.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
    Edited by SuperAgentCT on June 23, 2015 2:31AM
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    I just wonder ...why even post builds? :no_mouth:
    Since fundamental rule of ESO is 'pay the way you want' all builds just cause more players copy existing setup created by someone and in result they have no idea about building something that will suit their own individual play style.

'Build clone players' often can't efficiently use their class or can't change/adjust to make their group more efficient (they simply have no idea how)

Note: no other mmo gives you so many possible configurations and full freedom of choice ...and you STILL rather copy? :astonished:

On my main character (Nightblade) I played as tank, healer & dd ...tried ALL of the weapons, abilities, morphs and skills and THEN I found my own perfect way to play it. I could post my 6 great builds for that nightblade but I don't think any one else will play it like I do, so there's no point.

In trials, gold pledges, pvp and everything that comes in (hopefully near) future we need people who know their class/role really good. Builds (in most cases) just destroy creativity and make people lazy.
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seth_Black wrote: »
    Since fundamental rule of ESO is 'pay the way you want' all builds just cause more players copy existing setup created by someone and in result they have no idea about building something that will suit their own individual play style.

'Build clone players' often can't efficiently use their class or can't change/adjust to make their group more efficient (they simply have no idea how)

Note: no other mmo gives you so many possible configurations and full freedom of choice ...and you STILL rather copy? :astonished:

On my main character (Nightblade) I played as tank, healer & dd ...tried ALL of the weapons, abilities, morphs and skills and THEN I found my own perfect way to play it. I could post my 6 great builds for that nightblade but I don't think any one else will play it like I do, so there's no point.

In trials, gold pledges, pvp and everything that comes in (hopefully near) future we need people who know their class/role really good. Builds (in most cases) just destroy creativity and make people lazy.

Do you know how to perform a surgery? How to fix a car? Or even how to speak ten languages? Everyone has their field of expertise and it only benefits to learn from others. Perharps you love tinkering with builds and have the time to do so but many others have different interests in the game yet they need a build that works for them.

The only way to trully test a build is in hard content since veteran areas are a joke. Now try test your build on pugs and see how they will torch you alive, kick you, make drama, etc. Unless you have a beloved guild that will test *** with you then you basically gotta rely on those alternatives to "start". Then you can follow it to the letter or tweak it to your own playstyle.

Share builds is a great way to learn how to get even better in your own.
  • SuperAgentCT
    SuperAgentCT
    Soul Shriven
    Cously wrote: »
    Seth_Black wrote: »

Do you know how to perform a surgery? How to fix a car? Or even how to speak ten languages? Everyone has their field of expertise and it only benefits to learn from others. Perharps you love tinkering with builds and have the time to do so but many others have different interests in the game yet they need a build that works for them.

The only way to trully test a build is in hard content since veteran areas are a joke. Now try test your build on pugs and see how they will torch you alive, kick you, make drama, etc. Unless you have a beloved guild that will test *** with you then you basically gotta rely on those alternatives to "start". Then you can follow it to the letter or tweak it to your own playstyle.

I agree completely Cously. As a gamer fairly new to MMOS, having only played FFXIV ARR for a couple of months, the amount of skill line choices I feel can easily be seen as overwhelming. Seeing builds from players especially PC who have had a lot more time to invest into ESO provides wonderful inspiration to a console player such as myself. As the game changes in the future with patches and updates it will be natural for me to tinker and tweak and deviate some from my characters build. The builds that players submit and are featured in the battlemaster's corner provide a great foundation for new players I would think:)
    Edited by SuperAgentCT on June 23, 2015 4:05PM
  • Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    ✭✭✭
    Cously wrote: »
    Do you know how to perform a surgery? How to fix a car? Or even how to speak ten languages? Everyone has their field of expertise and it only benefits to learn from others. Perhaps you love tinkering with builds and have the time to do so but many others have different interests in the game yet they need a build that works for them.

The only way to truly test a build is in hard content since veteran areas are a joke. Now try test your build on pugs and see how they will torch you alive, kick you, make drama, etc. Unless you have a beloved guild that will test *** with you then you basically gotta rely on those alternatives to "start". Then you can follow it to the letter or tweak it to your own playstyle.

Well put, Cously.

@Seth_Black
    You arent required to use what is posted here, so why does it bother you that its available to those that may want it?

We share these builds so others in the ESO community can grow as players and get prepared for what youll face in the end game. Not everyone is a theory crafter or has time to experiment with builds. BMC gives new and veteran players alike fresh ideas on effective setups.
    Dreddnawt - Orsimer Aedric Crusader
    Alexstrasza Drogon - Imperial Infernal Dragon
    Daggerfall Covenant

TESO / PC / NA Server
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    @Dreddnawt & @Cously
    Things you're talking about are related to players who take 'base idea' from build, people who take it as interesting approach and build from that onward.
    I'm talking about build cloners who will play everything the way you post it as long as it says 'mega OP build' ...and then if they suck ...complain about the 'game mechanics' 'broken skills' 'bad coding' (best B.S. ever) and so on.
    I get that ...sharing ideas for using specific skills, combos, morphs etc it's sharing own experience but anyway I'd rather share it with my active guild when we talk about abilities, strategies etc rather than post it for all to trash and dummies to copy and complain about ;)
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • DovahDuck
    DovahDuck
    Yeah - Sorry for finding the thread so late- but great job on the build!
  • methdealerb14a_ESO
    love this build idea. ive been wanting a cool werewolf build to try. plus i love twohanded and bow combo. and its can even be a cool build to rp with. although i have tweaked it to my own liking. thank you for the idea.
  • heisenberg_ohmsford
    heisenberg_ohmsford
    Soul Shriven
    I've been using this build... In pvp .... Jesus Christ. Yeah I can take out somebody within 5 seconds. But against a sorcerer ... Nope zero survivability chance. A big huge glass wrecking ball
  • nyteblade4_ESO
    Sorry for resurrecting this but I have a question about the build. If this is a werewolf build..then why is the werewolf ultimate not listed on one of the bars. Isn't this needed in order to "wolf Up" as the Battlemaster's Corner suggests?