The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

To Everyone Complaining About Sorcerers

• Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    704128d1359601749t-new-school-gravity-bikes-thread-necromancy-thread-necromancy-demotivational-poster-1271554886.jpg
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone is complaining about german being op it's not the class guy is one of the best sorcs in the game so don't feel bad for losing to him I haven't seen him lose 1v1 to anyone yet and I've fought him on his dk and can't beat him he's a very skilled player I'm coming for you german I'll get you one day :p
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just noticed this thread is old..

Edited by Ace_SiN on June 19, 2015 5:08PM
    King of Beasts

• Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ace_SiN wrote: »
    Just noticed this thread is old..

Yes, I did mention I was sorry for the necro. However, I had some complications when I first accepted this challenge to level a Sorc to VR14 and play it. I figured using this thread would be better than starting a new one. :D
  • Germtrocity
    Germtrocity
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Psilent let me know whenever you are ready to fight and we can set up a duel.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »
    My apologies about the thread necro.

Finally hit VR14 on my Sorc last night; EP Sorc. AD Sorc is almost VR3, will be focusing on that one soon. :) Now getting a build together and will venture into Cyrodiil and see if a Sorc is easier or harder to play than my DK. :)

Since nirn is a PvP-breaking issue, can you do some sorc play without "utilizing" nirn? I am curious how you'll find sorc vs. DK, sans nirn. :-)
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Between ball of lightning and harness magicka, what are you gonna do? 2 good sorcs fighting is silly.

also DK's can't bolt escape away when things get tough.

I know it's an old thread, but really.
    Edited by Domander on June 20, 2015 2:04AM
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Germtrocity Haha, it might be awhile. One thing I have found out by accepting your challenge is that a sorcerer is a lot harder to play than what people say on the forums. Its a completely different play style than my DK and I actually have to be a lot more aware. Once my 13k Hardened Ward comes down, I'm toast, I have to keep it up at all times and having very low stamina, I only have 1, maybe 2, break frees available. Which means if my ward comes down while I have no stamina, I'm pretty much dead with how hard physical attacks hit.

Sorcerer's have amazing synergy with Mages guild skills, which is something I don't feel every class can utilize fully. Structured Entropy used right before a instant cast Crystal Fragments is just amazing. Not only do you get the 20% Spell Damage, you also get the 20% empower and 20% from the instant cast Crystal Fragment, which is just huge burst. Plus the magicka regen and max magicka on top of that just makes it even better.

With that said, I wouldn't mind some time later in the week meeting up, you kicking my butt into the next content patch and then getting some pointers on how to play. I did this challenge to refresh my love for the game, as I was getting very bored and burnt out on my DK and needed some motivation to make a new class.
    Domander wrote: »
    Between ball of lightning and harness magicka, what are you gonna do? 2 good sorcs fighting is silly.

As players gain more and more champion points we'll begin to see a lot more hybrid type builds popping up in Cyrodiil. I'm already at the point where I feel I might be able to make a nice hybrid "Sorcerer that hunts down Sorcerers" build that might be quite effective. Its all on paper right now, so it may or may not work, however it'll be fun to try it out. Sadly, I don't have the gear to make it effective yet and it won't be crafted, so at most I'll have 2 to 3 pieces of Nirnhoned.

Again, this has been a lot of fun and I really do look forward to fighting/learning from @Germtrocity and @DisgracefulMind . Two of the most respected and skilled pvp sorcerers I've seen play. @Fengrush being a very good small group stamina based sorcerer. Hoping one day to play my AD sorcerer with @Ezareth @Cinnamon_Spider and @Cozmon3c_ESO all three I feel are very great players and I hate running into when in Cyrodiil. Still a bit upset at that 22k overload attack Cinnamon hit me with when she was Empress. That one left a mark..
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Germtrocity Haha, it might be awhile. One thing I have found out by accepting your challenge is that a sorcerer is a lot harder to play than what people say on the forums. Its a completely different play style than my DK and I actually have to be a lot more aware. Once my 13k Hardened Ward comes down, I'm toast, I have to keep it up at all times and having very low stamina, I only have 1, maybe 2, break frees available. Which means if my ward comes down while I have no stamina, I'm pretty much dead with how hard physical attacks hit.

[...]

Maybe you should try Arena then... it'd really help if you can afford dropping whatever you use currently.
    Then again, maybe it would rather be a hindrance for your "learning curve" if you don't learn to manage stamina properly in the first place.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    -Have you encountered Templars with eclipse yet? They can seriously just destroy a caster build entirely with eclipse. Be very careful in duels with them.
    Depends, eclipse will not impede you to bubble-up, or to simply port away. I very rarely meet Eclipse-Spammers, so I'd say only 1 of 20 templars do spam debuffs on you, most Templars in PvP are "forced to be 100% healer without permit to do their own stuff", or even permit to rezz, hrhr. You recognize duel-spec'd templars pretty easily (imo).

If you really want it easy: just set up Immovable and use it, Immovable pretty much wins any 1vs1 with most Templars, if you know how to use it. (I think immovable/pots come pretty handy as a key skill that negates 3-5 most important templar CC/skills, negate, etc.)
    Without having CC on you, it's extremly hard for a templar to kill you. Use port offensively, do not offer them a charge target. I prefer Immovable instead of purge, you can keep it active and still block 2 or 3 times with little stamina.
    Edited by Francescolg on June 20, 2015 6:54PM
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Germtrocity Haha, it might be awhile. One thing I have found out by accepting your challenge is that a sorcerer is a lot harder to play than what people say on the forums. Its a completely different play style than my DK and I actually have to be a lot more aware. Once my 13k Hardened Ward comes down, I'm toast, I have to keep it up at all times and having very low stamina, I only have 1, maybe 2, break frees available. Which means if my ward comes down while I have no stamina, I'm pretty much dead with how hard physical attacks hit.

Sorcerer's have amazing synergy with Mages guild skills, which is something I don't feel every class can utilize fully. Structured Entropy used right before a instant cast Crystal Fragments is just amazing. Not only do you get the 20% Spell Damage, you also get the 20% empower and 20% from the instant cast Crystal Fragment, which is just huge burst. Plus the magicka regen and max magicka on top of that just makes it even better.

With that said, I wouldn't mind some time later in the week meeting up, you kicking my butt into the next content patch and then getting some pointers on how to play. I did this challenge to refresh my love for the game, as I was getting very bored and burnt out on my DK and needed some motivation to make a new class.
    Domander wrote: »

As players gain more and more champion points we'll begin to see a lot more hybrid type builds popping up in Cyrodiil. I'm already at the point where I feel I might be able to make a nice hybrid "Sorcerer that hunts down Sorcerers" build that might be quite effective. Its all on paper right now, so it may or may not work, however it'll be fun to try it out. Sadly, I don't have the gear to make it effective yet and it won't be crafted, so at most I'll have 2 to 3 pieces of Nirnhoned.

Again, this has been a lot of fun and I really do look forward to fighting/learning from @Germtrocity and @DisgracefulMind . Two of the most respected and skilled pvp sorcerers I've seen play. @Fengrush being a very good small group stamina based sorcerer. Hoping one day to play my AD sorcerer with @Ezareth @Cinnamon_Spider and @Cozmon3c_ESO all three I feel are very great players and I hate running into when in Cyrodiil. Still a bit upset at that 22k overload attack Cinnamon hit me with when she was Empress. That one left a mark..

I look forward to fighting you. Send me a message @MudDemon and let's set something up (:
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duos are fun. I think I burned myself out with those 22k overloads. Lately I've been logging in just for writs and to get hirelings. I'm taking a break and playing another game for now.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    hi, first i like to tell you mage is my favorite class. last year, with another account, i post about i felt sorcerers overpowered...
    the result was a that at that time i got 100s of lol.
    i play with all classees: i cant really play nb, becouse i don't like stealh, dk, yes, very good, templar is almost unkillable in pve, but with the sorc i found my easy way, in learning and mastering the game since the first levels, becouse of some of the best range, mobility, stun, immobilizing, shield, executioner skills oh the game.
    is just my playstyle, i always like summons in rpg, and actually i have 3 sorc; to me is the best class i can play with.
    my easy life top 4 is:
    1 sorc
    2 templar
    3 dk
    4 nb
    for easy life i mean something like survivability and crowd control, other then dps, that i don't consider to much in chosing classes (dps come from different way and in a game like eso you can have good results in each class). i just like to have a good mix of survivability, mobility, croud control, then at the end i plane to got my dps from mundus, armor, weapon, buff and skills build. sorc can use 3 bar with energy overload, that give a quite versatile way to reach your target in different situation.
    i'm not a great figther, may be in pve i got boring, but in pvp i have always my hard time, that is nice.

i learn to play sorc from almost you guys posting here, @LegendaryMage ... may be following your example i found my way easily, but come on, mage is powerfull.

good teacher, good game.

i want to give a special tanks to LegendaryMage, a warrior, a mentor.
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    bolt escaping away.
    that is just a strategy of fight.
    make stats over pvp is not something cool, becouse most of the time people die becouse of lags. it is cool instead if you mean the duels some vets are doing in pvp. it will be great to have a pvp arena 1v1, 4v4 in each zone of the game. it will assure a great fun.

Edited by BurtFreeman on June 21, 2015 2:33AM
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i learn to play sorc from almost you guys posting here, @LegendaryMage ... may be following your example i found my way easily, but come on, mage is powerfull.

good teacher, good game.

i want to give a special tanks to LegendaryMage, a warrior, a mentor.

Hey Burt, thank you, I'm happy you enjoyed watching my videos! :)
  • BurtFreeman
    BurtFreeman
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Burt, thank you, I'm happy you enjoyed watching my videos! :)
    very thanks to you for streaming, before your movies, i was still running around with pets all the time. :)
    i had never using skill like harness magika, empowered ward, and all those nice thing you put on your bars.
    but the best is not just your build, is the strategy you use in fight: very impressive and almost impossible to master.
    Edited by BurtFreeman on June 21, 2015 7:16PM
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And here I am just wanting shield stacking fixed .... and maybe crystal frags nerfed or tweeked... just me and my opinion
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here I am just wanting shield stacking fixed .... and maybe crystal frags nerfed or tweeked... just me and my opinion
    please specify your "stacking" you might be able to realize its uselessness while doing so...

frags - well its does unproced less dmg than its stamina counterparts (snipe, WB) its slow traveling time combined with the extreme obvious (travel)animation (compared to e.g. arrows 2-3x the travel time) makes it extreamly easy to block or dodge it entirely unless the sorc is perma hugging you wich is quite contrary to their expected behaviour.
    so what would you nerf or tweek to bring "it in line"? before you answer i demand a change of every dmg ability to match the DPS of your changed frag in return to balance things across the classes.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You may have a long wait on that one but who knows ( =
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • SURxR3AL
    SURxR3AL
    ✭✭✭
    I have played one character since beta and launch which is a sorc. It's all I have really played.

Sorcs are not OP in the slightest. Give me an uncapped Streak back that builds ultimate without a 50% cost increase nor blanket cc immunity, and then we would be.

After the Sorc took major hits with the Nerf bat, I stuck around, sucked it up, and continued to play a class that was at a disadvantage in pvp against every other class for months.i didn't roll another class i stuck with it.

Now that sorcs are actually on level playing field again folks think they are OP because they got too used to fighting against a sorc class that was underpowered and gimped for months.

Agreed. People got so used to sorcs sucking and now the OP? Nooo there just a viable option now like the other classes just plays different
    Edited by SURxR3AL on June 22, 2015 7:29PM
    NA Server (Xbox One)
    Magika Sorc - Zane Cloudreaver(EP)
    Magika Temp - Revan V'ile(EP)
    Stam DK - Kraven V'ile(AD)
    Stam NB- Relic V'alor(DC)
    Stam Sorc- Veric Septim(AD)
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played this game since release, can play all classes... I played a friend's sorc in just minor pieces (no body legs, hat, so essentially naked) and destroyed. Same as rolldodge hero Nightblades, it has too much burst damage/escape combined - and Yes, my main is a nightblade - the difference is, I'm honest.
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Psilent Try 1 or 2 pieces Blood Spawn plus werewolf, this helps a lot with your stamina regen.

The true power of a sorc gets unlocked with Proximity Detonation, the combo Prox Deto + Curse + Cfrags (+ Soul Assault on knock down) is great for bursting someone down quickly. The use of Prox Deto is a skill itself because the cast time of 2 seconds makes it easy to interrupt. This can be very dangerous because a sorc usually can only break-free ones or twice.

Deadric Minefield is also useful if you're fighting on a choke point, breach, flag etc. I usually put it on my overload bar because I dont have any space on my normal bars.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer