The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

To Everyone Complaining About Sorcerers

• Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pronkg wrote: »
    Psilent wrote: »
    pronkg wrote: »
    You as A 47 sorc beating any class that's V14 only says you are a way better player. Has nothing to do with the class. I've beaten V14 sorcs with my V1 night blade.

If you had any idea who my main was, you would be eating your words. I am one of the worst players and easily killable players in this game.

Then you must have been fighting V14 toons played by toddlers

I guess so. :(
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread so needs an LOL button-

I'm sure it's just coincidence how once 1.6 hit sorcs became the FOTM. We the players didn't notice AT ALL those that got facerolled up until 1.6 hit became virtually unkillable all the while being able to burn others down? And that those not using the exploit I will not name.

Come on man. I understand it's your MO to demand duels from folks but that doesn't really prove a thing. "The proof is in the pudding." It' plain for all to see. A posturing, puffed up defense of Socrcs honestly means nothing.

To say that better players win because they are better players is fine and dandy, but with the current state of things in Sorcodiil the status of many players "skill" is unclear because their class is carrying them...shrug.
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »

I'm sure it's just coincidence how once 1.6 hit sorcs became the FOTM. We the players didn't notice AT ALL those that got facerolled up until 1.6 hit became virtually unkillable all the while being able to burn others down? And that those not using the exploit I will not name.

Come on man. I understand it's your MO to demand duels from folks but that doesn't really prove a thing. "The proof is in the pudding." It' plain for all to see. A posturing, puffed up defense of Socrcs honestly means nothing.

To say that better players win because they are better players is fine and dandy, but with the current state of things in Sorcodiil the status of many players "skill" is unclear because their class is carrying them...shrug.

To be honest, I think the OP made this post out of frustration more than anything. I have accepted his challenge and am currently in the process of leveling up a sorcerer of my own. During the leveling process I have experimented with several abilities; setups and made a detailed post over the weekend about the class. The OP has, as of yet, to dignify my post with a response.

I decided to open up my notebook and see if I had ever encountered this player in Cyrodiil as an enemy player. Azura's Star when he was Emperor, I have him listed as follows: "Wall spamming Emperor, uses only wall over and over, nothing else, FOTM." Which brings me back to my point about this being a post made in frustration; I believe the OP is worried that his class will get balanced and he'll have to go back to another class or even level up a new character. My post being neglected by all the other sorcerers on this forum too, leads me to believe they all feel the same way.

I am going to finish leveling my sorcerer and when I hit VR14 challenge the OP to a duel. More likely than not he will defeat me, but I am going to put up one heck of a fight. I doubt he'll change the way he plays, so I'll develop a counter build to his build and see how long I can last. After that, I will challenge his partner and Princess Asgari to a duel to fulfill the challenge presented in the OP.

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure it's just coincidence how once 1.6 hit sorcs became the FOTM.

Saying FOTM is the FOTM.

It's hard for you to acc

To be honest, I think the OP made this post out of frustration more than anything. I have accepted his challenge and am currently in the process of leveling up a sorcerer of my own. During the leveling process I have experimented with several abilities; setups and made a detailed post over the weekend about the class. The OP has, as of yet, to dignify my post with a response.

I decided to open up my notebook and see if I had ever encountered this player in Cyrodiil as an enemy player. Azura's Star when he was Emperor, I have him listed as follows: "Wall spamming Emperor, uses only wall over and over, nothing else, FOTM." Which brings me back to my point about this being a post made in frustration; I believe the OP is worried that his class will get balanced and he'll have to go back to another class or even level up a new character. My post being neglected by all the other sorcerers on this forum too, leads me to believe they all feel the same way.

I am going to finish leveling my sorcerer and when I hit VR14 challenge the OP to a duel. More likely than not he will defeat me, but I am going to put up one heck of a fight. I doubt he'll change the way he plays, so I'll develop a counter build to his build and see how long I can last. After that, I will challenge his partner and Princess Asgari to a duel to fulfill the challenge presented in the OP.

OMG. Notebook? Are you by chance Jarnfeld?

Can you tell me what your notes say about me? ( =

I'll duel you any time btw.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

Saying FOTM is the FOTM.

It's hard for you to acc

I'm curious, too. o.o And I'd duel both of you, just Vjori would need to go on his EP. Ezareth, however... I'd have to lvl my pitiful lvl 25 EP before I could duel you. ;_; Wish they'd implement same-faction dueling so it'd be easier. D:
    Legend || Mizery Records || Black Market Wares
    Aeilith ~ AD L50 Khajiit magicka NB dps/max crafter (NA)
    Naraiya ~ AD L50 Altmer magicka Sorc dps (NA)
    Dont Die Like I Did ~ DC L50 Khajiit magicka Templar heals (NA)
    Bring The Pain ~ AD L50 Dunmer magicka DK tank (NA)
    An Achílles Heal ~ AD L50 Breton magicka Templar heals (NA)
    One Two Gank A Few ~ EP L50 Bosmer stam NB dps (NA)
    Your Lást Mistáke ~ DC L50 Altmer magicka NB dps (NA)
    Rekts All Noobs ~ DC L50 Redguard stam DK dps (NA)
    Reaper of Salt ~ EP L50 Khajiit stam Sorc dps
    The Réktoning ~ AD L8 Dunmer magicka DK dps
    Avaraiya ~ AD L25 Altmer magicka Warden tank
    Nafatiri ~ EP L24 Argonian magicka Warden heals
    Once Upon An OP Magden ~ EP L3 Altmer magicka Warden dps (NA)
    Updated: 08/01/2018
    759 Champion Points || ESO Member since Apr 2014
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think he only spammed wall ever during that time because of AP xD

I will accept your challenge, however, when you reach vr14 and duel German first <3

Be prepared for your notebook to have failed you. Though I really love the idea that you have a notebook of remarks on players hahaha. I may need to start doing this.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Saying FOTM is the FOTM.

It's hard for you to acc

I'm curious, too. o.o And I'd duel both of you, just Vjori would need to go on his EP. Ezareth, however... I'd have to lvl my pitiful lvl 25 EP before I could duel you. ;_; Wish they'd implement same-faction dueling so it'd be easier. D:

Haha, you two crack me up.

Yes, Ezareth, you were an Emperor for a long time on Haderus, so I have notes on your play style in my notebook. However, I never led a group back then, so it was for myself only. Lets see...

"Grabbed the scroll today, found out using heavy armor Hist Bark and Reflective Plate morph of scales causes Ezareth's spells not to hurt as much. Ran the scroll from between Farragut to Chim gate with him hitting me the whole time and Mitra Telvanni on me too. - How did I survive???????"

"Ezareth seems to like to play on the edges, draw people out, and kill them 1v1. Don't chase!" "Looks like he uses Velocious Curse, Mages Fury, Overload, Crystal Fragments.. I can reflect fragments, but the others are going to require spell resist...""Looks like his off bar is resto staff with ward..unknown ability..unknown ability.." (Turned out those were Hardened Ward and Harness Magicka I believe.) *Please note this was before Harness was nerfed to magicka damage only*

"Ezareth uses BoL instead of streak, ask him why one day?????"

"On flag today in Farragut, Ezareth didn't use negate, weakness??, we just ignored him and were able to capture the keep. Going to start doing this until he uses negate. Why doesn't he use negate?!????"

Sorry Ellie, none for you. :( However, I have a page on Tyndreos Lacedion V, mainly because he switched his spec halfway through emperorship.

Most annoying Emperor was Crown from a few weeks ago, he changed his play style at least 5 times, it was enough that I wrote "Screw it, just gonna hope he gets dethroned". Every time I fought him it was a new setup and what I had slotted wasn't going to work.

• DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorc is now level 47 and I have fought several VR14 players and came out on top. Using Hardened Ward and Streak, not BoL, I have found I can quickly run into a situation, fire off a few Force Pulse/Crystal Fragments and usually get them low enough to use Endless Fury. In 1v1 situations I use the Restoring Twilight with Clannfear and Deadric Prey and usually the opponent is overwhelmed. While they are attacking my pets I use Power Overload to hit them for up to 10K, all the while streaking around the the fight while dodge rolling to avoid projectiles.

I also use Bound Aegis with Unbounded Storm to up my defenses for melee combat. Usually I have found with both of those abilities and hardened ward I can go into a melee situation, streak around, and get out with minimal health loss. Crit Rush is an issue, but I have found that I can turn around and streak the other way to stun lock my opponent. Usually I can pop a second streak before they get free to out range the crit rush. Thank you Galalin for showing me how it feels to die to Crit Rush, needed that experience to devise a way to counter it.

To be honest, playing a sorc is much easier than playing my DK. I CANNOT run into a situation on my DK against 10 people and live wearing medium armor and Igneous Shield. Just to note, my sorc is in 7/7 light armor for this test. I have also found out I can hit BoL sorcs by fighting them from the side, not head on, seems to avoid the BoL. Also, Hardened Ward seems to block all CC functions, maybe this a symptom of all shields, but my igneous shield drops so quickly on my DK that I just never noticed it. This prevents me from having to use Immovable.

Caltrops seem to be a nice counter to Deadric Mines as well, been seeing a lot of people surrounding me with Caltrops when I drop mines. Also volcanic runes.

Snipe is a non-issue with Hardened Ward. Tyago kept sniping me yesterday outside Chalman Keep, I just kept using ward over and over and over and ended up chasing him back into the Keep. However, during that time I was unable to really mount an assault due to my magicka being used for defenses. Just to note, Tyago has a very high damage snipe build, so he was a good test. Need to test this out against hellcane in Chillrend to see if I can escape a gank attempt.

The dragonknight class seems to be the hardest to counter. Will be skilling up 1H&S for defensive posture and running a few tests. I've noticed a lot of dragonknights are using Dragon Fire Scale and not reflective plate, so I might be able to increase my overload damage on them with posture.

Anyway, this is fun. However, I would like to point out that in other MMOs I usually play caster type characters, so this play style is more suited to me than a DK. I chose a DK for ESO because I wanted to play a in your face melee class; it felt great to get back to my bread and butter. I just wish my DK had more options for escape than just dodge roll, Quick Cloak and Charging Manuvers.

First off, sorry that your post was neglected over the weekend. I will make some responses now, seeing as I'm a pretty vocal Sorc on this post.

-The OP and I were taking on vr14s and anything inbetween back in 1.5 at relatively low levels (36-vr1) when leveling our Sorcs in DC. So it doesn't surprise me that a player experienced with game mechanics can do much the same
    now in 1.6.
    -I am really happy you're using streak. Nothing is more fun that that skill, particularly when you play an offensive Sorc.
    -So are you playing a pet build? Later, if you drop the use of pets, please consider the switch the Velocious Curse.
    -Also, what spell damage are you running? My overloads hit 10k on a non-crit at vr14, and I don't focus on spell damage, ah and that's with my Power Surge on. I don't run Overload often though (only when I feel like being lazy), and I think that meteor and Atronach are far better options.
    -The Bound Armor is nice, and with Unbounded Storm stacked, yes, your armor will be very high; however, it's entirely a waste to slot bound armor, and I don't use Unbounded Storm myself, though I do know some Sorcs who do. I only used it at low level, but that was back in 1.5, so I guess that's a bit meaningless now.
    -Crit rush will still get you, not to mention wrecking blow will slice through you. Have you been wrecking blowed off of a horse yet? You can't break the CC and basically just stand there dying. ):
    -I will agree with you here that escaping on a DK is near impossible. Especially in medium armor. Actually, in any armor. But I think the DK class has good alternatives to not having that assured escape. Just my opinion. Glad you are trying this experiment in all light armor though. (:
    -Most BoL Sorcs don't realize that they can be hit by the side and that their little balls are not going to protect them forever. Have you noticed how streak is a wonderful counter to BoL sorcs? Imagine how long fights would end up BoL vs. BoL. :P
    -Hardened Ward doesn't block all CC functions for me. Are you stacking harness with ward? I know that Destructive Touch gets absorbed by harness. Other than that, I get CC'd all the time with my ward up.
    -Snipe is a HUGE issue, often times I find myself unable to spam my ward when getting sniped because I also need to kill the snipers, so that makes it so I can easily die against them, and I do often.
    -You don't need s/b against a DK since you use streak. Time your curse with a streak CC and then turn around and frag them to the face. This, in my opinion, is way more effective, and you won't need to switch your build around just to fight a DK.
    -I played Sorc for a long time in ESO before rolling my DK. I wanted the same, melee-in-your-face. While I admit I had a blast with DK, rolling my new Sorc in DC is probably the best decision I made. I have a lot of fun being a caster, and prefer to be a caster. I just wish this was still 1.5 Sorc, as I had a bit more fun then. ):
    -I definitely agree that DK needs a better escape option, as I stated earlier. DKs don't have good escape means OR an execute, which sets them greatly apart from the other classes. Something needs to be done for this. And I hope it happens in the near future.
    -Have you encountered Templars with eclipse yet? They can seriously just destroy a caster build entirely with eclipse. Be very careful in duels with them. There's no immunity if you break free from it, so your stam will deplete extremely fast.

Other than that, hope you're enjoying your Sorc (:
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha, you two crack me up.

Yes, Ezareth, you were an Emperor for a long time on Haderus, so I have notes on your play style in my notebook. However, I never led a group back then, so it was for myself only. Lets see...

"Grabbed the scroll today, found out using heavy armor Hist Bark and Reflective Plate morph of scales causes Ezareth's spells not to hurt as much. Ran the scroll from between Farragut to Chim gate with him hitting me the whole time and Mitra Telvanni on me too. - How did I survive???????"

"Ezareth seems to like to play on the edges, draw people out, and kill them 1v1. Don't chase!" "Looks like he uses Velocious Curse, Mages Fury, Overload, Crystal Fragments.. I can reflect fragments, but the others are going to require spell resist...""Looks like his off bar is resto staff with ward..unknown ability..unknown ability.." (Turned out those were Hardened Ward and Harness Magicka I believe.) *Please note this was before Harness was nerfed to magicka damage only*

"Ezareth uses BoL instead of streak, ask him why one day?????"

"On flag today in Farragut, Ezareth didn't use negate, weakness??, we just ignored him and were able to capture the keep. Going to start doing this until he uses negate. Why doesn't he use negate?!????"

Sorry Ellie, none for you. :( However, I have a page on Tyndreos Lacedion V, mainly because he switched his spec halfway through emperorship.

Most annoying Emperor was Crown from a few weeks ago, he changed his play style at least 5 times, it was enough that I wrote "Screw it, just gonna hope he gets dethroned". Every time I fought him it was a new setup and what I had slotted wasn't going to work.

Yeah I always had negate on my bar but since when I was emperor I was almost never in a group Negate wasn't going to kill anyone by itself, especially due to the fact I didn't have streak. I've always been a single target player and have for the most part shunned any form of AoE damage. If I was solo defending I'd usually try to meatbag and overload and negate if there were enough NPCs to actually kill anything. My playstyle has always been very weak against cohesive group play but that is to be expected I suppose.

I was hoping for notes from the Volendrung days of yore ( =

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry Ellie, none for you. :(

:( Probably the most disappointing sentence I've heard. xD

lol :)
    Legend || Mizery Records || Black Market Wares
    Aeilith ~ AD L50 Khajiit magicka NB dps/max crafter (NA)
    Naraiya ~ AD L50 Altmer magicka Sorc dps (NA)
    Dont Die Like I Did ~ DC L50 Khajiit magicka Templar heals (NA)
    Bring The Pain ~ AD L50 Dunmer magicka DK tank (NA)
    An Achílles Heal ~ AD L50 Breton magicka Templar heals (NA)
    One Two Gank A Few ~ EP L50 Bosmer stam NB dps (NA)
    Your Lást Mistáke ~ DC L50 Altmer magicka NB dps (NA)
    Rekts All Noobs ~ DC L50 Redguard stam DK dps (NA)
    Reaper of Salt ~ EP L50 Khajiit stam Sorc dps
    The Réktoning ~ AD L8 Dunmer magicka DK dps
    Avaraiya ~ AD L25 Altmer magicka Warden tank
    Nafatiri ~ EP L24 Argonian magicka Warden heals
    Once Upon An OP Magden ~ EP L3 Altmer magicka Warden dps (NA)
    Updated: 08/01/2018
    759 Champion Points || ESO Member since Apr 2014
  • Area51Visitor
    Area51Visitor
    ✭✭✭
    German you lack skill of any kind, any time I see you I laugh, after smashing your face into the rear of your pet guar, where I've hired argonian maids follow us and message its rear, thus crushing your tiny little shielded skull with guar-strength kegel thrusts.

bahaha...just kiddin' bro, keep on keepin on:)
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc is now level 47 and I have fought several VR14 players and came out on top. Using Hardened Ward and Streak, not BoL, I have found I can quickly run into a situation, fire off a few Force Pulse/Crystal Fragments and usually get them low enough to use Endless Fury. In 1v1 situations I use the Restoring Twilight with Clannfear and Deadric Prey and usually the opponent is overwhelmed. While they are attacking my pets I use Power Overload to hit them for up to 10K, all the while streaking around the the fight while dodge rolling to avoid projectiles.

I also use Bound Aegis with Unbounded Storm to up my defenses for melee combat. Usually I have found with both of those abilities and hardened ward I can go into a melee situation, streak around, and get out with minimal health loss. Crit Rush is an issue, but I have found that I can turn around and streak the other way to stun lock my opponent. Usually I can pop a second streak before they get free to out range the crit rush. Thank you Galalin for showing me how it feels to die to Crit Rush, needed that experience to devise a way to counter it.

To be honest, playing a sorc is much easier than playing my DK. I CANNOT run into a situation on my DK against 10 people and live wearing medium armor and Igneous Shield. Just to note, my sorc is in 7/7 light armor for this test. I have also found out I can hit BoL sorcs by fighting them from the side, not head on, seems to avoid the BoL. Also, Hardened Ward seems to block all CC functions, maybe this a symptom of all shields, but my igneous shield drops so quickly on my DK that I just never noticed it. This prevents me from having to use Immovable.

Caltrops seem to be a nice counter to Deadric Mines as well, been seeing a lot of people surrounding me with Caltrops when I drop mines. Also volcanic runes.

Snipe is a non-issue with Hardened Ward. Tyago kept sniping me yesterday outside Chalman Keep, I just kept using ward over and over and over and ended up chasing him back into the Keep. However, during that time I was unable to really mount an assault due to my magicka being used for defenses. Just to note, Tyago has a very high damage snipe build, so he was a good test. Need to test this out against hellcane in Chillrend to see if I can escape a gank attempt.

The dragonknight class seems to be the hardest to counter. Will be skilling up 1H&S for defensive posture and running a few tests. I've noticed a lot of dragonknights are using Dragon Fire Scale and not reflective plate, so I might be able to increase my overload damage on them with posture.

Anyway, this is fun. However, I would like to point out that in other MMOs I usually play caster type characters, so this play style is more suited to me than a DK. I chose a DK for ESO because I wanted to play a in your face melee class; it felt great to get back to my bread and butter. I just wish my DK had more options for escape than just dodge roll, Quick Cloak and Charging Manuvers.

First off, sorry that your post was neglected over the weekend. I will make some responses now, seeing as I'm a pretty vocal Sorc on this post.

-The OP and I were taking on vr14s and anything inbetween back in 1.5 at relatively low levels (36-vr1) when leveling our Sorcs in DC. So it doesn't surprise me that a player experienced with game mechanics can do much the same
    now in 1.6.
    -I am really happy you're using streak. Nothing is more fun that that skill, particularly when you play an offensive Sorc.
    -So are you playing a pet build? Later, if you drop the use of pets, please consider the switch the Velocious Curse.
    -Also, what spell damage are you running? My overloads hit 10k on a non-crit at vr14, and I don't focus on spell damage, ah and that's with my Power Surge on. I don't run Overload often though (only when I feel like being lazy), and I think that meteor and Atronach are far better options.
    -The Bound Armor is nice, and with Unbounded Storm stacked, yes, your armor will be very high; however, it's entirely a waste to slot bound armor, and I don't use Unbounded Storm myself, though I do know some Sorcs who do. I only used it at low level, but that was back in 1.5, so I guess that's a bit meaningless now.
    -Crit rush will still get you, not to mention wrecking blow will slice through you. Have you been wrecking blowed off of a horse yet? You can't break the CC and basically just stand there dying. ):
    -I will agree with you here that escaping on a DK is near impossible. Especially in medium armor. Actually, in any armor. But I think the DK class has good alternatives to not having that assured escape. Just my opinion. Glad you are trying this experiment in all light armor though. (:
    -Most BoL Sorcs don't realize that they can be hit by the side and that their little balls are not going to protect them forever. Have you noticed how streak is a wonderful counter to BoL sorcs? Imagine how long fights would end up BoL vs. BoL. :P
    -Hardened Ward doesn't block all CC functions for me. Are you stacking harness with ward? I know that Destructive Touch gets absorbed by harness. Other than that, I get CC'd all the time with my ward up.
    -Snipe is a HUGE issue, often times I find myself unable to spam my ward when getting sniped because I also need to kill the snipers, so that makes it so I can easily die against them, and I do often.
    -You don't need s/b against a DK since you use streak. Time your curse with a streak CC and then turn around and frag them to the face. This, in my opinion, is way more effective, and you won't need to switch your build around just to fight a DK.
    -I played Sorc for a long time in ESO before rolling my DK. I wanted the same, melee-in-your-face. While I admit I had a blast with DK, rolling my new Sorc in DC is probably the best decision I made. I have a lot of fun being a caster, and prefer to be a caster. I just wish this was still 1.5 Sorc, as I had a bit more fun then. ):
    -I definitely agree that DK needs a better escape option, as I stated earlier. DKs don't have good escape means OR an execute, which sets them greatly apart from the other classes. Something needs to be done for this. And I hope it happens in the near future.
    -Have you encountered Templars with eclipse yet? They can seriously just destroy a caster build entirely with eclipse. Be very careful in duels with them. There's no immunity if you break free from it, so your stam will deplete extremely fast.

The bigger problem you're having is you some how let yourself get wrecking blowed off a Horse in the first place.

I mean..how the hell do you manage that.

Edited by Xsorus on April 8, 2015 11:07AM
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

now in 1.6.

The bigger problem you're having is you some how let yourself get wrecking blowed off a Horse in the first place.

It's happened a few times, not even sure how lol. Usually my horse will have stam, I get crit rushed, and they get off a wrecking blow before I can dismount and fight back. I'm not the only one this happens to lol.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

now in 1.6.

It's happened a few times, not even sure how lol. Usually my horse will have stam, I get crit rushed, and they get off a wrecking blow before I can dismount and fight back. I'm not the only one this happens to lol.

My money is on the massive number of bugs introduced by the crit-charge unresistable mini-stun they added to the game.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vichoi wrote: »
    @ Draehl.

All classes should able to do both dps and survibility, or there'll be no reason for anyone to choose that class,
    and in ESO we have one extra ability, sorcerer have BE, NB have cloak, DK have reflect, Templar have damage shield. if you have problem with killing sorcerer, maybe you've built to counter other classes.

Ppl use 2 handed charge to counter sorc, like sorcerer use shield to counter DK reflect, every class have a weakness, just learn to counter them and you'll be fine, if you cannot counter all other classes with one build, it doesn't mean they're overpowered.

2 hander charge has to be timed right plus you have 15 secs ( potion) before your immovable is gone. To kill him.... A skilled sorc can even counter this if he can put up his shield quick enough... Crit Rush does good damage but not enough especially with lag... Crit rush and wrecking are horiably affected by lag opposed to shield stacking... to blast through a shield and turn the tide of the fight you must get a wrecking blow off....I'm not sure there is an effective counter to a skilled sorc...

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

now in 1.6.

The pet build was just an experiment; I believe its only really good in 1v1 situations. Unless there is something I am completely missing, I can't seem to control my pets when there is a TON of enemy combatants around. They seem to just go everywhere, makes me wish they would always attack the target that I curse. Same thing with bound armor and unbounded storm, even though, I did tank a dungeon the other day with it!

Spell damage right now is set in stone until I hit veteran ranks, due to Cyrodiil battle level, just like I won't be able to survive wrecking blow once I hit veteran level. 34k Health, 21K Magicka and 17k stamina help quite a bit due to battle level, even though regen rates and ability costs are insanely high. However, I do manage to win quite a few fights against higher VR10+ characters.

I've never been hit with wrecking blow while on my horse, but I can do that to people on my DK. Crit rush, wrecking blow, heavy attack. If you cancel everything right, you can do all 3 before the person can recover from the stun; using molten armaments you can usually kill them with the heavy attack.

Found a few techniques to escape on my DK over the last few weeks. Charging Manuvers, Extended Chains (fun to chain bolts from a BoL Sorc), Quick Cloak, roll dodge bow sprint. However, besides chains, none of them are class abilities.

That's the funny thing, I was using just Hardened Ward and flame reach wouldn't knock me back, even though I wasn't blocking, and a stealth snipe shot didn't stun me. However, I started using Igneous shield more on my DK and found the same thing happens with flame reach, so it must be a function of shields.

Going to have to try the streak, curse, frag trick.

Thank you for the really cool reply, makes me want to hop on and keep leveling my sorc.

• cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

now in 1.6.

My money is on the massive number of bugs introduced by the crit-charge unresistable mini-stun they added to the game.

i wouldnt be supprised if this was the cause of the lag as well lols. jk. maybe.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

now in 1.6.

The pet build was just an experiment; I believe its only really good in 1v1 situations. Unless there is something I am completely missing, I can't seem to control my pets when there is a TON of enemy combatants around. They seem to just go everywhere, makes me wish they would always attack the target that I curse. Same thing with bound armor and unbounded storm, even though, I did tank a dungeon the other day with it!

Spell damage right now is set in stone until I hit veteran ranks, due to Cyrodiil battle level, just like I won't be able to survive wrecking blow once I hit veteran level. 34k Health, 21K Magicka and 17k stamina help quite a bit due to battle level, even though regen rates and ability costs are insanely high. However, I do manage to win quite a few fights against higher VR10+ characters.

I've never been hit with wrecking blow while on my horse, but I can do that to people on my DK. Crit rush, wrecking blow, heavy attack. If you cancel everything right, you can do all 3 before the person can recover from the stun; using molten armaments you can usually kill them with the heavy attack.

Found a few techniques to escape on my DK over the last few weeks. Charging Manuvers, Extended Chains (fun to chain bolts from a BoL Sorc), Quick Cloak, roll dodge bow sprint. However, besides chains, none of them are class abilities.

That's the funny thing, I was using just Hardened Ward and flame reach wouldn't knock me back, even though I wasn't blocking, and a stealth snipe shot didn't stun me. However, I started using Igneous shield more on my DK and found the same thing happens with flame reach, so it must be a function of shields.

Thank you for the really cool reply, makes me want to hop on and keep leveling my sorc.

you forgot to add petrify to your combo to make you the most OP class in the game.

Petrify, crit rush, light attack, wrecking blow, light attack, execute. or add a bow into the mix

Rally, weapon swap, Lethal arrow, light attack, venom arrow, weapon swap, Petrify, crit rush, light attack, wrecking blow, light attack, execute.

its amazing all these nerf sorc threads when you have a string of direct damage combos that are this effective in the game, where most sorc damage is delayed and highly visual to easy counter.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all of you crying out about how sorcerer is easy mode, I issue you a challenge : roll a sorcerer and fight me, or any other skilled sorcerer

After the fight when you have been demolished, please go on to tell us how sorcerer is actually "easy mode"

I did the same thing in 1.4, and have a v14 DK as proof that the class used to be easy mode - I even played on it for a few months to hone my skills and was able to defeat other people considered skilled in their respective classes.

Sorcerer is not easy mode though, and hopefully people will take this challenge and then realize that the "OP - ness" comes from the players skill, not from the class they are playing - though I can understand why they would think it is the class they are playing because of how overpowered DKs used to be. :)

If it is just "player skill" then perform the same feats with your Templar.

Closer to the mark is that it is both class power and player skill that determines ones effectiveness. Balance is ever on-going and for the moment Sorcerer is stronger overall than other classes.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To all of you crying out about how sorcerer is easy mode, I issue you a challenge : roll a sorcerer and fight me, or any other skilled sorcerer

After the fight when you have been demolished, please go on to tell us how sorcerer is actually "easy mode"

I did the same thing in 1.4, and have a v14 DK as proof that the class used to be easy mode - I even played on it for a few months to hone my skills and was able to defeat other people considered skilled in their respective classes.

Sorcerer is not easy mode though, and hopefully people will take this challenge and then realize that the "OP - ness" comes from the players skill, not from the class they are playing - though I can understand why they would think it is the class they are playing because of how overpowered DKs used to be. :)

Closer to the mark is that it is both class power and player skill that determines ones effectiveness. Balance is ever on-going and for the moment Sorcerer is stronger overall than other classes.

Public opinion considers you wrong.

If I were playing a templar right no Sorc could kill me. I probably couldn't kill a really good sorc but I guarantee you he couldn't kill me either. That makes sense since sorcs are the offensive caster and templar are the defensive caster and their abilities revolve around that.

That said I believe Templars could use some offensive buffs but this isn't a thread about Templars.....it's a thread about nerfing sorcs.

Carry on.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If I were playing a templar right no Sorc could kill me. I probably couldn't kill a really good sorc but I guarantee you he couldn't kill me either. That makes sense since sorcs are the offensive caster and templar are the defensive caster and their abilities revolve around that.

That said I believe Templars could use some offensive buffs but this isn't a thread about Templars.....it's a thread about nerfing sorcs.

Carry on.

there was a dev post saying they are increasing the speed of Templar projectiles to help with the dps gap with spells for them. i do find them tough to kill just because of shield and heal spam.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Carry on.

there was a dev post saying they are increasing the speed of Templar projectiles to help with the dps gap with spells for them. i do find them tough to kill just because of shield and heal spam.

And that eclipse.....templars with good timing on eclipse have made me kill myself.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

now in 1.6.

Yeah, pet builds are good in 1v1 for sure. Very confusing for the opponent and often pretty overwhelming for them, which gives you a chance to burst them down. As for roaming around with them, we're SUPPOSED to be able to control them, but they don't listen and the function is so terribly bugged, so they end up anywhere and it hurts you more than helps you, which is pretty lol.
    Sorc tanking, how is that? I tanked on my DK, never on a Sorc.

Ahh, yeah, I forgot about the battle leveling. It'll be nice when you can play around with stats a bit more and find out what suits your Sorc playstyle. You have far more stamina than I do as a vr14 Sorc :D And health, at that.

Being hit with that combo before you can even defend yourself sucks, as it tears through you as a LA Sorc. Usually I try to refresh my shields while traveling, but I always seem to get the player who does this when I don't have them up xD Not complaining, as it's a good gank strategy, just definitely can see how flimsy all light can be with this combo.

I've yet to play with chains on my DK, but I have seen tons of DKs use it and it's super funny to get chain pulled mid-streak. I think it's a good gap closer, and really effective against Sorcs. I might have to play around with it on my Stam DK soon lel.

Hmm, must be a shield function. Perhaps I don't notice my shield falling in time before I get CC'd or something, I'll pay more attention to this and get back to you on it. It'd be nice if tooltips would reveal more information. But it's also nice that you noticed it on your DK as well so that people can see that it's not only Hardened Ward preventing.

Try it, you'll beat DKs a lot easier, and won't have to go the s/b route (I'm not inclined to that playstyle, but give it a try if it interests you, by all means.) I think caster is more powerful, but that's just my opinion.

No prob. Keep us updated on your progress. We have some duels to do when you hit vr14 (:
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Carry on.

"Just surviving" is not the feats I am referring to.

For instance take an offensively specced Templar (magicka, not a cookie cutter dodge monkey) , run into a group of 5-10 people and see if you can take some down, and if you can't, see if you can escape.

Also, in regards to Eclipse, it is broken so that if it does reflect a spell it locks out the TEMPLARS skill bar for the duration of the spell. Also, you can just CC break it and get CC immunity for 6 seconds.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't get the OP's logic. How is getting "demolished" by a skilled sorcerer proving to the person accepting this challenge that sorcs are not over-powered? Wouldn't such an outcome suggest the loser is not maximizing the potential sorcs have or is simply an inferior player?
    Edited by Joy_Division on April 10, 2015 1:53PM
  • steliosfenris
    steliosfenris
    Soul Shriven
    NERF SORCS...
    thnx
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Carry on.

"Just surviving" is not the feats I am referring to.

For instance take an offensively specced Templar (magicka, not a cookie cutter dodge monkey) , run into a group of 5-10 people and see if you can take some down, and if you can't, see if you can escape.

Also, in regards to Eclipse, it is broken so that if it does reflect a spell it locks out the TEMPLARS skill bar for the duration of the spell. Also, you can just CC break it and get CC immunity for 6 seconds.

Yeah I'm aware of the Templar eclipse bug and I'm dreading the day they fix it (even though I think they should) because it is ridiculously powerful against almost anything a magicka sorc can do. We basically are forced to consume a break-free against templars every 8 seconds (unless you're correct about break-free on eclipse giving 6 second immunity). I purge eclipse all the time only to have it continually recast on me.

A templar who was built for escape could likely escape 5-10 people for quite some time if he were using the same build that I was and coupled it with mistform instead of bolt escape. Mr. Poo has been doing this as a Templar for ages and is the hardest (magicka) templar for me to kill.

I don't think that it would make sense for the most powerful defensive caster class to also be a powerful offensive one.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    I changed to Sorcerer from DK at the end of 1.5. All I have to say, I facerolled people with my DK easily all the time, and still can with my stam DK if I ever get on her. It's not so easy for my Sorc.

I practice pretty relentlessly on Sorc to keep up with my partner, and it DEFINITELY takes a lot more skill than my DK ever did. I love Sorc just for that alone, the skill it takes.

I think too many people have a MAJOR l2p issue going on with Sorcs lol. I die all the time to your snipes and wrecking blows, what's the problem here?

Having v14s in all four classes, with weeks worth of /played on each of them, i gotta say that sorc is the hardest class to master. But once mastered, it has the potential to be the most powerful class in the game.

I always get a kick out of DKs are OP threads, or anything is OP threads. DK has always had the same basic weaknesses throughout ESO. They can be kited mercilessly, and there aint a thing they can do about it. Even if you cant kill the dk, you as a sorc can ensure there is no way in hell that DK ever kills you.

Nightblade is probably the most dangerous class for a sorc to face, not because of "burst" damage or crowd control abilities, but because when built for it, its the only class other than a sorc that can keep up with one.

Templars just get screwed in this rock paper scissors. Neither should ever die to each other, but templar has no prayer of beating an on par played sorc.

So the way I see it.

Sorc v Sorc is a wash, whoever is better
    Sorc v DK favors the Sorc if the Sorc is built specifically to kill DKs, otherwise the Sorc is either going to die or going to run.
    Sorc v NB favors the NB in most builds (especially if its the standard magicka LA sorc vs stamina med bow/dw nb).
    Sorc v Templar rarely gets decided, both classes has so much built in shielding (and temp heals while lacking range to keep up with bolt escape)

So yeah, in a lot of cases its learn to play, but with mastered classes, there is a strong argument that Sorc is the most powerful of the classes in the right hands.

I've got to agree with this post overall. For the floor to be very effective I'd day it goes along the lines of, from easiest to hardest, Templar, then nightblade, then dk, then a gap and finally sorc for the hardest. For the skill ceiling however, that's nearly reversed, where I'd say the skillcap and power of the classes goes from best to worst, Sorc, a small gap, Templar, then DK, another small gap,, and then Nightblade. Not to say they aren't all great in their own right when played at a high skill level.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/plays a violin, while spamming shields.
    Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My apologies about the thread necro.

Finally hit VR14 on my Sorc last night; EP Sorc. AD Sorc is almost VR3, will be focusing on that one soon. :) Now getting a build together and will venture into Cyrodiil and see if a Sorc is easier or harder to play than my DK. :)