Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar=tank...Dragonknight=DPS ????

• Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on how you build it. I've seen some Templars go pure DPS and outshine Dragonknights, and I've seen some Dragonknights tank much better then Templars. I also have seen Dragonknights out DPS my stamina build nightblade.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know what makes a great tank?

Dragonknight makes an awesome tank with it's bonus to armor skills. And self heals.
    Nightblade makes an epic tank with it's healing abilities and crits, and defensive moves.
    Templar makes a formidable tank with it's debuffs, self heals and armor increases.
    Sorcerer makes a gnarly tank with it's AoE, armor buffs, agro generation.

The difference between all of them... 3 out of 4 classes have a self heal they can do in combat while doing other things.

Sorcerer does not. He has to basically sit there and take it. Does that make the sorcerer a bad tank? NO! Just a different style of tank. You dont even have to touch a single class skill. Just take Mage Guild, Fighter Guild, Undaunted and weapons skills and you are already a hell of a tank.
  • JJDrakken
    JJDrakken
    ✭✭✭
    My friend is a Dragon Knight Healer. Resto Staff+Earth Powers = Good Times
    Leader of Oblivion Crisis. Bunch of Daedric Worshiping MF's. We'll Bang Ok.
  • Resipsa131
    Resipsa131
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or are racial passives nominal in value compared to other passives? I don't believe I'm that gimped by rolling an Argonian DK rather than an Orc or Nord DK.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can have a sorcerer tank or nightblade tank too.

Or templar DPS.

Builds aren't strictly regimented. Class skills don't make or break a build anywhere near as much as your choice of skills on your hotbars.
    Edited by Sarenia on April 14, 2014 2:55PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resipsa131 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are racial passives nominal in value compared to other passives? I don't believe I'm that gimped by rolling an Argonian DK rather than an Orc or Nord DK.

Racials are really not that huge of a deal.

For example , The Imperial passives of 12% stamina and health, if you think about it, dont mean much. 12% of 1000 is only an extra 120 hp.

I get that every little bit helps, but... it isn't that awesome.
  • Zorak
    Zorak
    ✭✭✭
    Dragon Knight tanker here. \o/
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    DK is a more 'optimal' tank just as a Templar is a more 'optimal' healer because of the class skills each gets. That doesn't mean they can't do the reverse just fine.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh @Shimond the epic fight begins LOL!
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hawke wrote: »
    Oh @Shimond the epic fight begins LOL!

Yea I'm sure some moron will come in and say that because one is 'optimal' that means you can't do anything else with it :P
  • Jim_Berry
    Jim_Berry
    ✭✭✭
    To me, the confusing thing is...

When I am creating my character and preview the Veteran gear, Dragonknight has one-handed and shield while Templar has Two-handed. There is an early one-handed ability called Puncture, which also taunts the enemy. That said, I was under the assumption that Dragonknight were meant to be main tank.

I am trying to ignore trying to match my race, class, and weapon, but that's really hard to do coming from Final Fantasy XI (2005 to 11/2014) and Final Fantasy XIV (8/2013 to present). So you'll see me as a Dark Elf Nightblade fully spec'd with Dual Wield or Nord Templar fully spec'd into Two-handed.

I'm having a hard time comprehending Wood Elf Dragonknight with Staff :(
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dwarf Death Knight !
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend