Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where is the best area to farm iron, steel, and/or orichalcum ore? (Daggerfall Covenant)

Halo7GA
Halo7GA
Soul Shriven
Hey guys! Does anyone have any REALLY good areas to mine iron, steel, and/or orichalcum ore? I am apart of the Covenant and have only been to Ravenspire, Glenumbra, and Stormhaven. I hope this doesn't limit the helpful responses I could get... Thanks to any responders!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The early zones tend to have lots of farmers, because everyone is broke and can't afford to buy the mats. As you go forward in the zones, farming gets easier. So, there are lots of nodes to farm, more than you would believe, they have just been grabbed before you got there.

There is a addon that notes the Harvest Node and shows it on your map, its called Harvest Map. For the consoles, there are maps on line that show where the nodes are generally. Those maps can help you plan your path for a farm run.

Farm late at night or early in the morning if you want the most nodes. Nodes also tend to be near cliff faces and rock outcroppings so look there. I don't think you need Keen Eye as metal nodes are the easiest to see next to Enchanting once you know what to look for.

Quite frankly, I get almost all my mats from deconstruction of mob loot, not farming nodes. That being said, as I go about, I will hit a node if its along my way. It is also amazing how many nodes there really are in the game. You see this when you get to post Main Quest and start doing the other zones for Caldwells Silver and Gold. By then, most people are not farming so you trip over the nodes.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iron ore (that makes iron ingots) is found in Stros m'kai, Betnhik and Glenumbra.
    High iron ore (that makes steel ingots) is found in Stormhaven and lower level part of Rivenspire.
    Orichalcum is found in Stormhaven (rare), Rivenspire and the lower levels of Alik'r Desert.

The base formula is as that the levels you can create gear for are also the levels of the area you can find the ingredients. Below level it can allready be find as a rare node, but never above level.

So Orichalcum is used for gear that makes level 26-34 armor.
    So it can be found as a rare thing in Stormhaven, but mostly in Rivenspire (lvl 24-31) and the lower level parts of Alik'r Desert (lvl 31-37)
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Halo7GA
    Halo7GA
    Soul Shriven
    Nestor wrote: »
    The early zones tend to have lots of farmers, because everyone is broke and can't afford to buy the mats. As you go forward in the zones, farming gets easier. So, there are lots of nodes to farm, more than you would believe, they have just been grabbed before you got there.

There is a addon that notes the Harvest Node and shows it on your map, its called Harvest Map. For the consoles, there are maps on line that show where the nodes are generally. Those maps can help you plan your path for a farm run.

Farm late at night or early in the morning if you want the most nodes. Nodes also tend to be near cliff faces and rock outcroppings so look there. I don't think you need Keen Eye as metal nodes are the easiest to see next to Enchanting once you know what to look for.

Quite frankly, I get almost all my mats from deconstruction of mob loot, not farming nodes. That being said, as I go about, I will hit a node if its along my way. It is also amazing how many nodes there really are in the game. You see this when you get to post Main Quest and start doing the other zones for Caldwells Silver and Gold. By then, most people are not farming so you trip over the nodes.

Thank you very much! I am in fact on the consoles so I am not able to download addons but the maps sound helpful. One more question, though. Do you believe refining iron ore can yield the same rewards as refining something like orichalcum?

Also, I am having a little trouble finding a map of Rivenspire. Think you could link one? Thanks if you can!
    Edited by Halo7GA on June 18, 2015 6:22PM
  • Halo7GA
    Halo7GA
    Soul Shriven
    Ranique wrote: »
    Iron ore (that makes iron ingots) is found in Stros m'kai, Betnhik and Glenumbra.
    High iron ore (that makes steel ingots) is found in Stormhaven and lower level part of Rivenspire.
    Orichalcum is found in Stormhaven (rare), Rivenspire and the lower levels of Alik'r Desert.

The base formula is as that the levels you can create gear for are also the levels of the area you can find the ingredients. Below level it can allready be find as a rare node, but never above level.

So Orichalcum is used for gear that makes level 26-34 armor.
    So it can be found as a rare thing in Stormhaven, but mostly in Rivenspire (lvl 24-31) and the lower level parts of Alik'r Desert (lvl 31-37)

Thanks for the info but was more of asking specific farming spots, as I am aware of the spawning locations in general.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l7Halo7l wrote: »
    Thank you very much! I am in fact on the consoles so I am not able to download addons but the maps sound helpful. One more question, though. Do you believe refining iron ore can yield the same rewards as refining something like orichalcum?

You mean as far as getting Tempers and the like, yes. Your Extraction Passive determines what you get out of the stack, not what the stack is.

As for maps, Rivenspire is all rocks, it's easy to find them there. Besides, the ore you get in Rivenspire sticks out like a sore thumb, just go along and you will find it.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Halo7GA
    Halo7GA
    Soul Shriven
    Nestor wrote: »
    l7Halo7l wrote: »

You mean as far as getting Tempers and the like, yes. Your Extraction Passive determines what you get out of the stack, not what the stack is.

As for maps, Rivenspire is all rocks, it's easy to find them there. Besides, the ore you get in Rivenspire sticks out like a sore thumb, just go along and you will find it.

Thank you. I appriciate it!
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    One means of getting crafting materials is to deconstruct loots from dungeon crawls. Ore is helpful but a slow way to get materials - but having said that refining ore does give bonus crafting materials as well as the bars
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend