Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best Way to Earn Money and Group With Others

OroroBey
OroroBey
Soul Shriven
Hello folks! So, I just created my account like about two days ago and my girl looks perfect (just wish the Bretons could be a actual brown color instead of Rachel Dolezal tan, but I digress) and jeez are things expensive and my money is quite low. I was wondering what's the best way to earn good money, quickly. I've been trying to complete missions but they aren't giving me the kind of money I need and would want. Not to mention selling things doesn't give you that much money.

Also, like what's the best way to group. Sometimes doing battles it gets a bit difficult when there's 4 of them and only one of me.

Thanks in advance xoxo
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi and welcome!

For your first question.
    The best way of making money at lower levels is stealing. To do so you first have to do a few things.
    1: locate the refugee. It is a safe place where you can launder your stolen goods and buy off any bounty if you get caught. There is a refugee in all main towns and you can recognise it on the map (if you are close to it) by a white trident icon on the map.
    2: understand that looking is free. If you see a container (e.g. a rucksack), you can interact with it and see what is inside without any danger. So do so to see if it is worth stealing.
    3: once you set your mind then crouch, and wait for the "hidden" message and then interact to steal. Even in crowded area's it is possible (sometimes you have to move a lil bit around).
    4: visit the refugee frequently. If you get caught, you loose everything you didnt launder at the fence.

it sounds difficult, but with a lil bit of practise, you can get gold very easy.

As for your second question. It matters a lot what platform you are on. But most important is to know two things.
    1: you don't have to group at all. most content can be done with other just cause they are around. You all get the loot.
    2: to groupi with others, you need to meet people. so be social, make friends and maybe join a guild.

there is a grouping tool for the more elite content, but both on the consoles and other content it is a bit bugged. when on the pc it helps a lot to talk in chat. on the console it is the same for voice chat.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OroroBey wrote: »
    Sometimes doing battles it gets a bit difficult when there's 4 of them and only one of me.

Thanks in advance xoxo

You should not be getting 4 mobs early on. Unless your pulling them as your running around. Most of the time it's 2 or 3 mobs. However, one of them will patrol away from the other two, out of aggro range. So, when they do that, take out the single mob, then go after the 2 Mobs.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• OroroBey
    OroroBey
    Soul Shriven
    You should not be getting 4 mobs early on. Unless your pulling them as your running around. Most of the time it's 2 or 3 mobs.

[/quote]

Yeah, I was doing a Mages Guild mission for the people in Glenumbra? (spellcheck lol) I had to go to some ruin or something and there were like as much as 7 blood cultist in a single room, thankfully there were other people doing the mission too, but when I first went in I got killed and had to wait for others to venture in too.