Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does a low level player gain the same xp when a VR player groups?

Caroloces
Caroloces
✭✭✭✭✭
My brother doesn't get much of an opportunity to play with a new child and job in his life. He logs in sporadically, but has had his main alt stuck at lvl 38 for a couple of months. I thought that perhaps I could group with him with one of my vet chars and help him level up so he could at least gain access to undaunted pledges. I know I wouldn't get much xp (if any), but would he still get the same amount of xp if he's grouped with me?

Actually, starting to wonder now if he would get even more xp just through the grouping process, even tho I am significantly at a higher level than he is.

Thanks for any input.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He should get the same Exp as long as he makes a contribution to the kill.

However, the way around this, if the grouping dynamic reduces the experience he gets, is to just not group with him, but run next to him in the dungeon like two solo players. There still might be a ratio for exp, but if that is the case, then hold back and only throw off attacks when he is getting overwhelmed.

There are not that many phased quests anymore, so the dual solo approach can work quite well, if needed.

Of course, this is easy to test. Just group up, kill some mobs, look at the exp, ungroup, kill the same mobs and see what happens.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Nestor!