Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Two part question, could use some advice

mdhammond
mdhammond
✭✭✭
Ok figured I'd knock 2 questions out at once but they're not related. Ty in advance for any advice

1. Thinking about making my main in EU server even though I'm eastern U.S. Bc there is no wait time to log in, and it runs very smooth. I mostly play at night wich is U.S. busy time and it's laggy and long que to get in a lot. Is this a bad idea for any reason?

2. Is monster grinding a decent way to level? I'd still do main quest of course I just have always enjoyed exploration and fighting more than questing. Guess I'm weird but I just never have cared for a lot of side questing. Will this make my leveling extremely slow?

Ty for any advice
Edited by mdhammond on June 18, 2015 2:43AM
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    Not sure about the Servers question, sorry.

I've found that exploration is fun but just killing monsters will take you a long time to level up. When you do Quests you sometimes receive Skill Points as well as XP and I've found I gotten those faster by taking Quests. But I still explore on my way to and from the Quest area - and kill things, lol.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Thinking about making my main in EU server even though I'm eastern U.S. Bc there is no wait time to log in, and it runs very smooth. I mostly play at night wich is U.S. busy time and it's laggy and long que to get in a lot. Is this a bad idea for any reason?"

A: Keep in mind that night time US East-coast is early mornin Central europe. So it is likely not busy at all and you might have issues finding people to do groupcontent. The server is in europe, so there is a potential for some latency, but so farI haven't heard bout it from anyone.

"Is monster grinding a decent way to level? I'd still do main quest of course I just have always enjoyed exploration and fighting more than questing. Guess I'm weird but I just never have cared for a lot of side questing. Will this make my leveling extremely slow?"

A: You'll miss out on quest rewards. This include gear and also skillpoints. The amount XP you gain from just killing is better though. So if you dont mind visiting the respec shrines more at higher level, due to having limited skillpoints, it is no issue.

Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU