Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Co-op

coopsy86
coopsy86
Soul Shriven
Me and a fried are trying to play eso on xbox one together but most the time we just run around looking for missions that we both haven't done even when we find one we are just playing the same mission at the same time rather than together, are we missing something or is this how you play eso co-op ?
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Majority of ESO quest are group shared and there is no problem for more people in group doing them at the same time and fighting together.

There are only few of quests that are "SOLO", which means that you pick it with friends and you both are in same place doing quest but you are each in separate "world"

Quests that are most of time "SOLO" are Mage and Fighters guild quests. Main storyline quests.

What you should look for are sidequests. They almost never require solo completition so you can doit with your friend in group.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coopsy86 wrote: »
    we are just playing the same mission at the same time rather than together, are we missing something or is this how you play eso co-op ?

If you actually Group, as a Duo, then you get a 10% increase in Experience. 3 gets you the same exp as solo, 4 might have a small drop, Large groups over 4 do drop the experience, but not sure how much.

But, you don't need to group in the game if you don't want to. There is more than enough content to gain the levels you need as you go through the zones without the 10% while Leveling. It can help more so during the VR content as I find ESO Plus to give me quite a nice boost to where I am gaining 1.5 to 2 VR ranks per zone with that boost. ESO Plus gives a 10% boost also.

Grouping does lets you have your own little chat channel on the PC, and I think it does too on the consoles, so that might make it worth while to group for that aspect.

Edited by Nestor on June 17, 2015 10:47PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"