The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My ESOTU is broken, all quest givers are turning invisible and unresponsive.

luckyskillz
luckyskillz
Soul Shriven
First quest to become broken was Chasing Shadows, talk to lyris. Well lyris is invisible and unresponsive. After leaving the cave to do other quests, I find (to my horror) that all the quests that I have started, are no longer able to be completed via the same glitch. I can however start new quests, the NPCs are not initially invisible, but any further quest progress after first contact is thwarted by the same glitch.
  • luckyskillz
    luckyskillz
    Soul Shriven
    I have logged In and out. Turned my Xbox on and off, but the glitch will not stop.
  • richie01
    richie01
    Yeah me too. Cant play my trabsfered characters
  • luckyskillz
    luckyskillz
    Soul Shriven
    Well no one has given me any advise so I guess that means my game is screwed untill they fix it. Now I have a 60 dollar 55 GB paperweight in my harddrive. Thanks guys.
  • luckyskillz
    luckyskillz
    Soul Shriven
    Update: I found a way to fix this glitch on my own. Apparently if you unplugged your xbox in frustration and go make a sandwich. Then come back and plug you xbox back in, The NPC's will reappear and become fully functional again. Thanks tech support ;)
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: I found a way to fix this glitch on my own. Apparently if you unplugged your xbox in frustration and go make a sandwich. Then come back and plug you xbox back in, The NPC's will reappear and become fully functional again. Thanks tech support ;)

^^^^^This. Had same issue and unplugged for about ten minutes. Haven't had an issue since. :)
  • GODMODE
    GODMODE

^^^^^This. Had same issue and unplugged for about ten minutes. Haven't had an issue since. :)

good to know. i thought this was lag related and just been leaving quests as is ready to be completed until there's less players online. I know I had the same issue but it was fixed by the next morning when i logged in game.
  • Da_Black_Judas
    Da_Black_Judas
    Soul Shriven
    Just a heads up, turning off your Xbox via holding the controller button, or just tapping the Xbox button on the console does not do a hard reset. That puts it into sleep mode so you can turn it on via Kinect. To do an actual hard reset, one that fixes the bug, you have to hold the Xbox symbol on your console for ~10ish seconds.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Da BIack Judas (An i not l)
    Alliance: Daggerfall Covenant
    Dark Elf Nightblade, VR 1
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well no one has given me any advise so I guess that means my game is screwed untill they fix it. Now I have a 60 dollar 55 GB paperweight in my harddrive. Thanks guys.

So you have no other quests to do? You haven't tried just moving to another zone? Decided to try to go PvP? Decided to work on crafting and researching? Or, have you just sat there and complained about a temporary bug that accounts for 1% of the game? Go join the group finder and start doing group dungeons with some friends or strangers and meet new people. The game is fun when you aren't pouting about a small issue that will obviously be fixed.
  • sirnonagon
    common issue from day one, that 90% of people are suffering from. A hard reset on your console(i disconnect the power for 5 minutes) usually fixes it. Has been acknowledge by zenimax.
  • sirnonagon
    dlepi24 wrote: »

So you have no other quests to do? You haven't tried just moving to another zone? Decided to try to go PvP? Decided to work on crafting and researching? Or, have you just sat there and complained about a temporary bug that accounts for 1% of the game? Go join the group finder and start doing group dungeons with some friends or strangers and meet new people. The game is fun when you aren't pouting about a small issue that will obviously be fixed.

it isnt a small issue, nor is it 1% of the game. It is the most acknowleged and complained about issue so far, and it can cause complete halts in quest or game progress. It has most definitely been acknowledge by those in the position to fix it, but invisible NPCs has been and will continue to be a big problem.
    Edited by sirnonagon on June 17, 2015 4:23PM
  • MajorJimbo
    Me too