Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How do you search for guilds?

MrSuplex
MrSuplex
✭✭
I have been invited to a few guilds, which is great, but how do I actually search from a list of available guilds and choose which ones to join (or apply to join)? I'd specifically like to browse trading guilds since this game (rather stupidly) doesn't have a proper community wide auction house.

Also, how do the trade guilds get their merchants with a cart in town (ie like row of merchants in Daggerfall just above the northwest docks)? There seems like only a limited number of spaces so how is it decided who gets the spot?

Thanks for the help.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately there is no in-game way to search for guilds, your best luck is here in the Xbox forums. You could also try Reddit - I know they have a guild fair every Friday, and well guildex may now have some Xbox guilds listed.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Boyenga91
    Boyenga91
    What I would do is search keywords here on the forums... That will at least whittle the number of potential guilds down to a managable size!

As for your other question... Once a guild has 50+ members, it has the ability to bid on guild traders. Meaning, the controlling guild can lose the right to a specific trader if another guild were to bid higher.
    It's a little more complex, I'm sure...
    • -Jon
    • Guild Master of Population Control
    • Gamertag: Darth Medon
  • MrSuplex
    MrSuplex
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

So basically, there are a limited number of guild traders, and if a guild is outbid they lose the spot? How often does this bidding occur?

I'm really not a fan of this system. A simple auction house seems so much cleaner and simpler than having to go through all this as a seller, or having to search multiple guild traders for what I want as a buyer.
  • MrSuplex
    MrSuplex
    ✭✭
    On a related note, I play on Xbox One and I am in a guild with a store, but I cannot figure out how to set the price I want to sell something for. I have the option to sell it, just no way to alter the price. For some items, after listing fees and guild cut, I make zero profit.

Does anyone know how this is done?
  • MrSuplex
    MrSuplex
    ✭✭
    Boyenga91 wrote: »
    What I would do is search keywords here on the forums... That will at least whittle the number of potential guilds down to a managable size!

What keywords do you use?
  • Pman85
    Pman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Join Order of Stendarr! We do everything, so there is something here for you if you want it.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/177391/order-of-stendarr-na-ep-pvx-guild#latest
    Guildmaster - Order of Stendarr [XB1] - Apply today!

Brought to you by Fishy Joe's....Ride the walrus!

• MrSuplex
    MrSuplex
    ✭✭
    Pman85 wrote: »
    Join Order of Stendarr! We do everything, so there is something here for you if you want it.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/177391/order-of-stendarr-na-ep-pvx-guild#latest

Would love to, but I'm allied with Daggerfall. :(