Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Problem with "Crossroads" Quest in Bal Foyen- NPC's not despawning

Suedyin_Loreseeker
Suedyin_Loreseeker
✭✭✭
Dear fellow Vestiges and Divines,
My heart was sorely torn when forced to choose between saving the noble Captain Rana and Sergeant Seyne, or saving the refugees. During the events on Bleakrock Isle, I had come to care strongly for all of these people.
-1) When I eventually chose to save the refugees, and the noble Captain and Sergeant heroically perished- imagine my consternation to find them all still gathered at the landing beach in Bal Foyen! Nobody mentions the battle in the past tense; everyone seems to be ignoring it.

-2) Furthermore, I had heard rumours that the good people of Davon's Watch might hold a state commemoration of this sacrifice, upon the stone biers in the mausoleum to the north east of the Davon's Watch bank. Yet that has not yet occurred.

-3) Finally, I am most distressed and bemused that the docks of Bal Foyen remain corpse-strewn, yet there is not a rat in sight. Prior to the battle, the docks were rife with rats. I wonder, might the good people of Dhalmora perhaps bury the dead and the survivors resume work at the docks, instead of leaving the docks abandoned with rotting corpses everywhere?

Fellow Vestiges, can any of your own experiences cast light on my observations?
Mighty Divines, I pray you illumine me with your wisdom?
I grieve mightily for the sacrifices made during the Battles of Bal Foyen, and pray that these anomalies might be resolved.

Faithfully,
Suedyin Loreseeker, Altmer vestige and sworn foe of Molag Bal

Best Answer

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll find that happens quite often; whereby NPCs will not disappear from a previous location when you move on to a new place. I'm also hoping this is something ZOS will address in the future, and they will remove previous instances of recurring characters when they are encountered in a later location.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Answer ✓
  • Suedyin_Loreseeker
    Suedyin_Loreseeker
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Enodoc,
    Thankyou for taking the time to respond; I apologise for my own tardy reply.

'Tis my view that, indubitably, such unfinished details in the game break immersion and blemish an otherwise amazing player experience of a world that responds to our actions.
    I was hoping I was wrong and had missed something.
    A great shame that seemingly so few of us care about such details!

I wish you well in your journeys, and may you always find that which you seek!

Faithfully,
    Suedyin Loreseeker, Altmer vestige and sworn foe of Molag Bal