The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Loyalty Program

Swordbreaker
Swordbreaker
✭✭✭
I recently started playing this game after Tamriel Unlimited was released. I played in 4 or 5 different Beta invitations and just didnt feel the game was worth the fee in order to be able to play the game, and knew the subscription fee would eventually drop, so i waited. However, the ESO Plus membership is a bit different because it's not required to play, so i was more willing to pay for it. So anyway, i recently paid for a 180 day ESO Plus membership and i was wondering if ESO Plus members were eligible to receive the same loyalty rewards as the old subscription service. Are these items (Ice wraith pet, mount, etc) still obtainable, or were they retired when the subscription model was dopped?
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the loyalty program has ended now. Pets will be sold in crown store.
  • Tabkey
    Tabkey
    The rewards program was indeed retired upon the dropping of the subscription model. You will have to obtain them via the crown store now, sorry! :3
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it will be possible to buy the loyalty reward pets or the senche tiger mount in the crown store. You can buy other pets and mounts (and use the crowns you get as part of your subscription to do it) but not those exact ones.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will reward your loyalty for the low low price of cash money.
  • Swordbreaker
    Swordbreaker
    ✭✭✭
    Dang. Really wanted that Sheogorath-style mask. I have plenty of crowns but there's literally nothing on the crown store thats worth paying for. None of the costumes look that great and i honestly think consumables are a total waste. Why spend cash on an in-game item that can only be used once and then is destroyed?
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure all the items will be available in one form or another.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang. Really wanted that Sheogorath-style mask. I have plenty of crowns but there's literally nothing on the crown store thats worth paying for. None of the costumes look that great and i honestly think consumables are a total waste. Why spend cash on an in-game item that can only be used once and then is destroyed?

If I could give you mine, it'd be in the mail.....
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Zimnel
    Zimnel
    ✭✭✭
    An Eso plus loyalty program would be something nice to see anyway and yet another reason to stay subscribed : 3
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    SWG had a brilliant loyalty system. You got some bad ass stuff from that. It made you want to sub just to get your cool stuff.
  • Swordbreaker
    Swordbreaker
    ✭✭✭
    Eh maybe that stuff will end up in the Crown Store eventually. God knows the crown store has nothing but crap right now. Most of the costumes look the same as low-level armor but with static colors. I'd love to see retro costumes so we could, for example, make it look like we're wearing the Ebony armor from Oblivion! That kinda stuff would make me want to spend my thousands of crowns but atm, there's literally nothing in the store i want.
  • PolskiBunny_ESO
    PolskiBunny_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like loyalty rewards would have been more powerful since the subscription ISN'T required..... It would be cool to see ZoS reinstate it because honestly, the people that are still paying for "ESO plus" when in my opinion their aren't many perks currently deserve cute loyalty rewards. And yeah, since it isn't required I feel like why not put it on a pedestal?

I feel like the real bulk of the perk for ESO plus will be when dlc is released. In the one other MMO I've played, there's a free option and you can buy crowns for areas to have forever, or you can subscribe. My friends and I will pound a game hardcore for a month and get tired of it, so there's no need to buy an area of we get our money's worth of playing. I think ESO plus, when tons more dlc is released, will have a lot more usefulness.

I don't subscribe but I would be so in favor of subscribers getting a little extra!
  • Powtreeman
    Powtreeman
    ✭✭✭
    I recently started playing this game after Tamriel Unlimited was released. I played in 4 or 5 different Beta invitations and just didnt feel the game was worth the fee in order to be able to play the game, and knew the subscription fee would eventually drop, so i waited. However, the ESO Plus membership is a bit different because it's not required to play, so i was more willing to pay for it. So anyway, i recently paid for a 180 day ESO Plus membership and i was wondering if ESO Plus members were eligible to receive the same loyalty rewards as the old subscription service. Are these items (Ice wraith pet, mount, etc) still obtainable, or were they retired when the subscription model was dopped?

Doesn't really make sense that you say you didn't feel the game was good enough to pay for but when you weren't required to pay you wanted to pay. lol
    And no these rewards are not available anymore. I was barely able to get them.
  • Swordbreaker
    Swordbreaker
    ✭✭✭
    Powtreeman wrote: »

Doesn't really make sense that you say you didn't feel the game was good enough to pay for but when you weren't required to pay you wanted to pay. lol
    And no these rewards are not available anymore. I was barely able to get them.

A Subscription and a Membership are very different. Back in the beta it felt like a high quality free-to-play, but it has a pretty steep price tag. The game has improved ALOT since then and now that it's not required i'm more willing to pay it. Payment should never be required in order to play a game once i've already dropped 60 bucks already, and that's part of why i didnt want to pay the sub fee. No game is worth 15 bucks every single month for years just to be able to play. A membership is very different tho and because it's not required, i'm more willing to pay for it cuz when it runs out, i'm not gonna be kicked out of the game until i pay again.
    Edited by Swordbreaker on April 10, 2015 3:56PM
  • Zimnel
    Zimnel
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a subscriber and the 1500 monthly crowns feel good to me. It's more a fact of supporting the game as a personal option, but I wouldn't say no to a loyalty program for subscribers. That's already been done in other games : )
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zimnel wrote: »
    I'm a subscriber and the 1500 monthly crowns feel good to me. It's more a fact of supporting the game as a personal option, but I wouldn't say no to a loyalty program for subscribers. That's already been done in other games : )

That's the idea, but there is still a possibility of someone without a subscription to outspend those with subscriptions. Do we do some form of loyalty there too? Maybe make a new reward program for those who reach certain amounts of real money spent on the game, whether it is through subscription or crown packages?

Say a reward for spending $75 or equivalent foreign currency. Then another reward for $150 spent. It would accumulate from ESO+ and crown package purchases over time.
    Edited by Thymos on April 10, 2015 4:46PM
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭

Don't take this wrong, but do you have any idea what the word "loyalty" actually means?

The rewards were for those of us who remained loyal paying testomers… through all the bugs and bad press which for the most part have been fixed.

Now you can buy stuff with the crowns you will get from being a subscriber ESO PLus member, which is worth every penny still in my opinion.

Cheers.
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should just leave the "loyalty items" out of the crown store but keep them attainable. Once someone has paid for a years worth of subscriptions they should get the one year "loyalty item". Obviously the bata items wouldn't be available, maybe put re-skinned ones in the crown store.
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't take this wrong, but do you have any idea what the word "loyalty" actually means?

The rewards were for those of us who remained loyal paying testomers… through all the bugs and bad press which for the most part have been fixed.

Now you can buy stuff with the crowns you will get from being a subscriber ESO PLus member, which is worth every penny still in my opinion.

Cheers.

Can't buy the buff.
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have zero sympathy for people not being able to get loyalty rewards because they weren't loyal.

I say this as someone who only did a 3 month sub after the free month at launch. I guess I am lucky that I have zero interest in vanity items in games.
  • Drelkag
    Drelkag
    ✭✭✭
    They dropped the program, but at least we get the full $15 worth of our sub in the Crown store.

Better than other games that cheat us giving $5 or so.
    @drelkag on the NA server
  • justin.sniesakub17_ESO
    Zimnel wrote: »
    An Eso plus loyalty program would be something nice to see anyway and yet another reason to stay subscribed : 3

I agree, I would like to see this returned, I was very happy when it was around and am bummed it's not any longer
    For the night is dark and full of terrors.
  • justin.sniesakub17_ESO

Retired and unobtainable, as they should be, as those of us who obtained them supported the game through all the bots and bugs.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it could be a good idea to bring the loyalty program back, but maybe with different rewards so those who subbed during the first year still have something unique.

Right now I'm undecided as to whether buying the 5,500 crown pack (which is cheaper per crown) is better or worse than subscribing (which makes the crowns more expensive but gives extra benefits) when I want crowns. Access to all the DLC could be the deciding factor but it looks like it's going to be a long time before there's enough to make that worthwhile, particularly since I will just buy any DLC I'm sure I want.

I suspect ZOS would prefer me to subscribe over occasionally buying crown packs (although I can't be completely sure) and re-adding the loyalty rewards could be an effective way to persuade people like me to subscribe.

(The other alternative is to regularly, ideally monthly, release DLC I'm not sure I want right away but will really enjoy once I start playing it, so I sub to try it out and end up buying it or maintaining my sub. But that's much harder and riskier than simply knocking out a new pet or costume every 3-6 months.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...just didnt feel the game was worth the fee in order to be able to play the game, and knew the subscription fee would eventually drop, so i waited. However, the ESO Plus membership is a bit different because it's not required to play, so i was more willing to pay for it.

Makes sense.
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why they didn't just revamp the loyalty program to fit the new monetization model. There still is the subscription option.... so why not continue with rewards based on how long you continued to sub?

As long as ZOS continues to improve and offer new content I plan to keep subscribing.... be nice to have that incentive still there and yes I know there is the % perk for being a sub.... just sometimes it is nice to have a thank you and be recognized with an in game item for continuing to support the game with a subscription.
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    ~a mature gaming community~
    Website
    DISCORD
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    If they do bring it back, it should be other rewards. The older rewards are for people who dedicated themselves for playing and supporting them through out the year. Sorry, no short cuts.
    "Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
    - VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (DC -NA) & The One Handed Tank