Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quest: Izad's Treasure (Stros M'Kai)

Rytfield
Rytfield
✭✭✭
This was a proper quest! Kudos! It had no quest pointers until the very end which made this quest a lot more rewarding and fun to do than most of any other quests I've done so far. I hope there are more quests like this!

Thoughts?
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    You can't complete it by going to the end if you know where the treasure is buried from the start? My only gripe.. figured it out during beta, but can't just finish it by digging at X.
  • karneLian77
    karneLian77
    Soul Shriven
    No, I think u can't just run through the dig site and grab your 100g - u must do the quest step by step. This was really the most interesting q I've seen in this game (and beyond it, maybe)))

But I must point out that the hint about 'Stone Finger' is extremely unclear - because there r many rocks and cliffs in Stross M'Kay which looks like fingers... very fatty fingers sometimes ))))))))
  • KiroElmarok
    KiroElmarok
    ✭✭✭
    I remember my first time trying to solve it in beta. The guildies and I finally figured it out and where to go... the reward was meh, be the experiences of exploring to solve the puzzles were great. Definitely need more of this in mmos.
    Daggerfall Covenant - Dunmer - Dragon Knight

• Sinist
    Sinist
    The quest could of been done better. For example when you climbed to the top of the lighthouse or "star" as they called it, it told you the next step was to go to the warrior rock. Well visible from the top of the lighthouse was a giant statue of a warrior, except this was not where you had to go which made no sense. Instead the real location was further along and not even visible from the lighthouse.

So that was a little "sloppy" on Zenimax's part. Otherwise the quest was decent.
  • anothername
    Sinist wrote: »
    The quest could of been done better. For example when you climbed to the top of the lighthouse or "star" as they called it, it told you the next step was to go to the warrior rock. Well visible from the top of the lighthouse was a giant statue of a warrior, except this was not where you had to go which made no sense. Instead the real location was further along and not even visible from the lighthouse.

So that was a little "sloppy" on Zenimax's part. Otherwise the quest was decent.

Its.. not!? I gave up on that quest because I though it bugged. I was convinced that this giant warrior statue was the warrior the riddle was talking about.

Guess I give it another try later :smile:
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, I think u can't just run through the dig site and grab your 100g - u must do the quest step by step. This was really the most interesting q I've seen in this game (and beyond it, maybe)))

But I must point out that the hint about 'Stone Finger' is extremely unclear - because there r many rocks and cliffs in Stross M'Kay which looks like fingers... very fatty fingers sometimes ))))))))

Interesting. For me the "stone finger" was the most obvious clue, and it points directly toward the objective.
  • Rytfield
    Rytfield
    ✭✭✭
    haha ye, I had the same but I wasn't bothered by it tbh. Treasure maps shouldn't be too obvious.

• mark2472
    mark2472
    ✭✭✭
    My only complaint was not being able to look at the letter again... it had more details on some of the steps than the quest told you. Maybe you can, but I couldn't figure out how to.

Other than that, it's my favorite quest so far! We definitely need more quests like this!
    Edited by mark2472 on April 8, 2014 12:45PM
  • karneLian77
    karneLian77
    Soul Shriven

Its.. not!? I gave up on that quest because I though it bugged. I was convinced that this giant warrior statue was the warrior the riddle was talking about.

No, the giant statue you can see from the lighthouse (and from the ground as well))) is the 'guardian' mentioned in the quest letter. You should proceed NW from the giant statue - and you'll find the statue of a warrior in the desert... normal-sized statue, meanwhile )))
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loved this quest! I wish there were more like it, deliberately designed to work without quest markers.
    mark2472 wrote: »
    My only complaint was not being able to look at the letter again... it had more details on some of the steps than the quest told you. Maybe you can, but I couldn't figure out how to.

Other than that, it's my favorite quest so far! We definitely need more quests like this!
    It was in your inventory, quest items tab.
  • karneLian77
    karneLian77
    Soul Shriven
    But what I really do NOT understand is whose steps it was they measured the distance of '45 steps south from the statue'??? I walked the distance, I ran it - no result. Only when I desided to aim a group of palmas further on the beach (next step of the riddle) - fortunately, there were a few palmas around, easy choice then :) - I got a reaction from the quest log.
    Definitely, those steps were made by the stone giant which is that 'guardian; statue now :#
  • Rytfield
    Rytfield
    ✭✭✭
    But what I really do NOT understand is whose steps it was they measured the distance of '45 steps south from the statue'??? I walked the distance, I ran it - no result. Only when I desided to aim a group of palmas further on the beach (next step of the riddle) - fortunately, there were a few palmas around, easy choice then :) - I got a reaction from the quest log.
    Definitely, those steps were made by the stone giant which is that 'guardian; statue now :#

I just ran south until I got the quest pop up. Didn't really count my steps.
  • mark2472
    mark2472
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    I loved this quest! I wish there were more like it, deliberately designed to work without quest markers.

Hmmm... was it like that in beta? Cause I looked everywhere for it in beta. I didn't even look in live as I already knew where to go.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

Hmmm... was it like that in beta? Cause I looked everywhere for it in beta. I didn't even look in live as I already knew where to go.
    I have no idea, I never did this quest in beta. Maybe someone /feedbacked it and they put it in? It wasn't the full letter, just the second part with clues.

• Srjon
    Srjon
    ✭✭
    I am stuck at the isle of iron faces where is it???????
  • Srjon
    Srjon
    ✭✭
    I did it.....I would like to Thank all who helped me with this quest....And that would be ........Me. I got my only brain-cell to work.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Srjon wrote: »
    I am stuck at the isle of iron faces where is it???????

I just went to all the islands until it said I had found it, still haven't seen the Iron Faces.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think "leftward palms frame the sight" is more useful than the actual "island of iron faces", because they frame the correct island quite well:
    ON-quest-Izad%27s_Treasure_03.jpg
    The Iron Faces themselves I think are part of the archways. Remember the clues aren't literal.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I think "leftward palms frame the sight" is more useful than the actual "island of iron faces", because they frame the correct island quite well:
    ON-quest-Izad%27s_Treasure_03.jpg
    The Iron Faces themselves I think are part of the archways. Remember the clues aren't literal.
    Yes, those palms do frame the correct island very well, and the iron faces are part of the archway - but they're only on one side of the archway. Unless you go through the arch and turn around to face the palms again, you won't see the iron faces. If you do, you'll see them:
    IslandOfIronFaces_zpseca88af5.jpg
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • allie280
    allie280
    ✭✭
    I also enjoyed this quest and how difficult it was. I made a video about it to help others. I hope I explain everything well enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhiSIHvAWwQ
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did this quest while streaming not long ago. It was on my "immersive" toon (no minimap etc.). I was lucky to have some viewers helping me out, my focus and attention span while streaming is lacking lol. It was tons of fun! I would love to see more quests like this!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    one of the best quests in game :smile:
  • Royalty27
    Royalty27
    ✭✭
    Indeed one of the most fun quest in the game. Having to look around and explore for yourself is always better than following a quest marker.
  • pbrslammer
    Don't even remember what was in the treasure, but it was fun searching for it.