Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerer UItimate Overload, Third Skill Bar, Only 3 skills useable?

ATubofButter
Platform: Xbox One

Hi, I have a quick question regarding Overload. I recently attained this Ultimate on my Sorcerer. I noticed I now have a third skill bar with which to use, but I can only use 3 skills when in the Overload state. I can use my skills on X, Y, B fine. If I use skills mapped on LB or RB Overload is immediately canceled. Is this intentional to limit the amount of skills for this Ultimate? I did do a little research and on the PC version it seems that they can use 5 skills. Just wondering if this happens to be a bug.

Thanks,
Novice Sorcerer

Best Answer

• Tadhg_Longhouse
    Tadhg_Longhouse
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is that you actually have weapon abilities on your bar. When you activate Overload you replace your weapon with lightning power so weapon skills can no longer be used.

Toggle Overload then open your skills menu and change the abilities on the 3rd bar to non-weapon skills (class, guild, world, etc.) and you should find that all 5 are usable.
    Tadhg Longhouse
    Reachman Sorcerer
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Answer ✓
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, on the pc, all 5 skills are usable. You can leave the overload skillbar by pressing the ultimate ability again or wait till you are out of initiative. So those other skills should not kick you out. Are you using the default mapping? is that the same result?

I do think you got a bug here.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • ATubofButter
    Yeah using default control set-up. You actually can not change the controller mapped button for skills. In Xbox One you must hold the RB and LB on the controller to activate Ultimate. (And so far controller really picks it up never accidentally cast a skill instead yet.) Now I would assume it should cancel via RB and LB pushed together again. But it cancels with a single press of LB or RB.

Darn, well thank you for the input. Appreciate it.
  • ATubofButter
    That is exactly what it was Longhouse. I feel so so dumb. Ha ha. Sometimes I think my Girlfriend's blonde moments rub off on me. Thank you so much.
  • Tadhg_Longhouse
    Tadhg_Longhouse
    ✭✭✭
    No problems. It makes sense when you think about it, but sometimes we all need someone to give our brains a nudge in the right direction.
    Tadhg Longhouse
    Reachman Sorcerer
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • SCAGNETTI4691
    How do you pick the skills you want while overload is active. It worked fine for me at first but when i hit 15 and started using 2 weapons it changes some of my skills when i activate overload.
  • ATubofButter
    You activate Overload, and while Overload is active you go into your menu and assign skills. (Just make sure the skills are not weapon based as they won't work.)
  • SCAGNETTI4691
    You activate Overload, and while Overload is active you go into your menu and assign skills. (Just make sure the skills are not weapon based as they won't work.)

Thank you, this has been annoying the last 2 days.