Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

High elf Stormcalling build

KillSide
KillSide
Hello,
May you help me build a high elf sorcerer with the stromcalling skill ?
PS4 ||| Aldmeri Dominion...Altmer...Sorcerer

Server: NA
  • Tadhg_Longhouse
    Tadhg_Longhouse
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to have to assume a few things because you've not given us much to go on.

You are creating a solo PvE build to help you level up.

If you are looking to make an end gave PvE DPS build then I can't see you making a very viable storm calling build. You would likely need fire staff and crystal fragments to get your damage up enough.

What I'll give you is a 'Lightning Mage' build.

You'll need a lightning staff and some dark magic to make this build work.

Put Encase, Lightning splash, Wall of lightning (elements) and Mage's Fury on your bar (plus any 5th ability you like)

Your strategy is basically this:

Open with an encase, drop a wall of lightning and lightning splash on them, then use your staff heavy attacks to regain magicka and deal damage. If the enemy hits 20% or lower hit them with fury and that should almost be enough.

The beauty of this setup is that wall of lightning puts enemies off balance once they're concussed which any lightning staff damage has a chance of doing. Once off balance, any heavy attack will hit for more damage and knock the enemy down. Meanwhile encase is there to keep the mob in place (not flying mobs sadly) while lightning splash provides more damage.

For extra fun, get the Rune Cage morph (damage over time doesn't break cage) as your 5th ability and trap a mob in your zone of dot attacks. Use the cage on a ranged mob, encase the melees as they run at you then drop your dot aoe and burn the melees while safe from any attacks from range. Or just take on a solo mob that has no chance of defending itself as it is slowly dotted to death.
    Tadhg Longhouse
    Reachman Sorcerer
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • KillSide
    KillSide
    I'm going to have to assume a few things because you've not given us much to go on.

You are creating a solo PvE build to help you level up.

If you are looking to make an end gave PvE DPS build then I can't see you making a very viable storm calling build. You would likely need fire staff and crystal fragments to get your damage up enough.

What I'll give you is a 'Lightning Mage' build.

You'll need a lightning staff and some dark magic to make this build work.

Put Encase, Lightning splash, Wall of lightning (elements) and Mage's Fury on your bar (plus any 5th ability you like)

Your strategy is basically this:

Open with an encase, drop a wall of lightning and lightning splash on them, then use your staff heavy attacks to regain magicka and deal damage. If the enemy hits 20% or lower hit them with fury and that should almost be enough.

The beauty of this setup is that wall of lightning puts enemies off balance once they're concussed which any lightning staff damage has a chance of doing. Once off balance, any heavy attack will hit for more damage and knock the enemy down. Meanwhile encase is there to keep the mob in place (not flying mobs sadly) while lightning splash provides more damage.

For extra fun, get the Rune Cage morph (damage over time doesn't break cage) as your 5th ability and trap a mob in your zone of dot attacks. Use the cage on a ranged mob, encase the melees as they run at you then drop your dot aoe and burn the melees while safe from any attacks from range. Or just take on a solo mob that has no chance of defending itself as it is slowly dotted to death.

Thank you very much!
    PS4 ||| Aldmeri Dominion...Altmer...Sorcerer

Server: NA