The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Playstation down....

lanador
lanador
Soul Shriven
PlayStation services are currently down as well as the North American servers for Elder Scrolls online. like many people I have created a character on the European servers for the instances when the North American servers are down. because we are forced to rely on the PlayStation services I can't even play that and have no idea how long it's going to take them to fix it. why do we have to rely on outside services to play our game.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lanador wrote: »
    PlayStation services are currently down as well as the North American servers for Elder Scrolls online. like many people I have created a character on the European servers for the instances when the North American servers are down. because we are forced to rely on the PlayStation services I can't even play that and have no idea how long it's going to take them to fix it. why do we have to rely on outside services to play our game.

Because you are on a console. They have additional dependencies.

And, you get to pay for the hassle! (Does PSN charge?)
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on June 13, 2015 5:31AM
  • lanador
    lanador
    Soul Shriven
    why is the call of duty or Dragon Age or any other game that I've played online never require the services before
  • lanador
    lanador
    Soul Shriven
    Yes it does charge. ...very annoying. it doesn't have to we don't have to rely on the PlayStation Network I don't understand why is like this.
  • Ne'Kro
    Ne'Kro
    I agree this is bull. People pay money for plus and we can't play launch weekend because they decided to do maintenance on a Friday night WtF!!!
  • womenswetdream
    womenswetdream
    Soul Shriven
    Because it's a mega server that's the difference between call of duty and this game.
  • lanador
    lanador
    Soul Shriven
    Because it's a mega server that's the difference between call of duty and this game.

that's not even a good reason for having us forced to have PlayStation Plus.
  • dloke86ub17_ESO

All multiplayer games require ps plus
  • lanador
    lanador
    Soul Shriven
    why is the call of duty or Dragon Age or any other game that I've played online never require the services before

All multiplayer games require ps plus

like I said before not all multiplayer games have to have it
  • lanador
    lanador
    Soul Shriven
    I want to point out that the servers are now up but because of the PlayStation servers we can't get online
  • INeedDutches
    INeedDutches
    Soul Shriven
    Hmm.. no issues here with PSN all night. It's strange.. Everytime I hear that PSN is down I'm on PSN watching a movie or playing a game. I'm really starting to think console connections depend heavily on region/locations. Had my PS4 since launch day and PSN has only gone down three times since then for me without it being scheduled maintenance. Last time it happened was the Christmas DDoS, and I'm on every day. But some of my friends I play with daily are the ones who get kicked offline and can't reconnect for hours at a time while I'm sitting there desperate to find somebody to play with. I don't get it.

Edit: Yeah I don't get it at all.. I see tons of people saying PSN is down on other websites but I've been sitting in a party with my friends since the ESO server went into maintenance. Catching up on Game of Thrones just chatting it up waiting, absolutely no PSN problems. Like wtf?
    Edited by INeedDutches on June 13, 2015 6:17AM
  • Ne'Kro
    Ne'Kro
    Server undergoing maintenance ffs
  • visageofdeath
    visageofdeath
    Soul Shriven
    I'm getting on apps on my ps4 like netflix and crunchy with no issues, all it says for me right now is that ESO is down for maintanance. I'm assuming they are just having to compensate for the sheer number of people getting on right now. It's annoying, but it's opening weekend for a console MMO. Issues are to be expected.
  • Sau
    Sau
    ✭✭
    Edit: Yeah I don't get it at all.. I see tons of people saying PSN is down on other websites but I've been sitting in a party with my friends since the ESO server went into maintenance. Catching up on Game of Thrones just chatting it up waiting, absolutely no PSN problems. Like wtf?

Parties work fine. Try loading up a game that requires PSN though.
  • chaosflame666
    chaosflame666
    Soul Shriven
    Are people still struggling to get on? I keep getting the maintenance message, but apparently the support page says the NA servers are back online...
  • Ne'Kro
    Ne'Kro
    I see friends online playing eso but i cant get on wtf!!!
  • Sau
    Sau
    ✭✭
    Are people still struggling to get on? I keep getting the maintenance message, but apparently the support page says the NA servers are back online...

That maintenance message is for PSN now.

https://status.playstation.com/en-us/
  • Darkedgex
    Darkedgex
    it's the PSN plus that is on maintenance now not ESO.
  • doomtrigger
    I talk to psn support tonight and they said there was no maintenance going on all this started as soon as the NA server went down. I kept getting psn is undergoing maintenance and please sign in yet I was also ran in to several bugs that were on the PC during the beta https://youtu.be/OnCIW7JwnVI
  • marshi1981
    Ne'Kro wrote: »
    Server undergoing maintenance ffs

This will be due to all the hacks psn gets. Our anger should be thrown at groups like lizardsquad, not psn.
  • INeedDutches
    INeedDutches
    Soul Shriven
    Sau wrote: »

Parties work fine. Try loading up a game that requires PSN though.

Yeah that's what I saw. But usually when people say PSN is down, I'm playing Destiny without a single issue. And while the DDoS attacks go on (When everyone screams PSN IS HACKED!!!) The PSN Log in servers are flooded and most of my friends can't log in, but as soon as I try to i jump right on and load up a game and hop right into matchmaking. It doesn't make sense to me. Maybe it is just karma for all the times my xbox 360s red ringed and XBL crashed for me in the past.