Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about rare motifs

ogxfubar
ogxfubar
I'm just about to purchase all rare motifs. However i want to put it on hold because I've had rumors from fellow players i won't be able to use any rare motif till I'm VR1 or higher.

I just want a confirmation or a denial to this comment?

More specifically I want to build dwemer armour; at level 21. Will i be able to do this or will i be at a loss till later on in the game?
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can create in any style you want, providing you have the mats for it and you have the style mats and motif for that style unlocked.

It is not level dependent, only the level of armour/wpns are, providing you have the necessary mats to craft, then craft:}

Regarding the dwemer stuff, you need a lot of the dwemer pages to create the armour/wpns blah blah and also to refine dwemer scraps into dwemer, (just forgot what its called), and I have never tried farming dwemer dungeons with low level characters, so in that respect, your fellow players may be correct.

Hope that helps.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• remedios17
    remedios17
    ✭✭✭
    I think you need a certain level in either BS, WW or clothing in order to be able to learn and use the rare motifs, but I'm not entirely sure.
    But it doesn't depend on your level IIRC, it depends on your skill in crafting.
    Guildmaster of the Order of the Magna Ge - social guild EP EU with 200+ members from all levels, all over the world, forming a nice relaxed, friendly - and a bit crazy - community - check us out at orderofthemagnage.guildlaunch.com or whisper me in game.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crown Store motifs don't have any requirements. To learn dropped motifs, you need to have a number of points invested in one of the crafting passives: 7 to 9/9 if I remember correctly. So you won't be able to learn them with a brand new crafter.

About Dwemer armor, it's the single most difficult style to use because it requires a ton of Dwemer scrap which in turn means a ton of farming - or buying the frames, but they're expensive. So I advise you to choose something else.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Crown Store motifs don't have any requirements. To learn dropped motifs, you need to have a number of points invested in one of the crafting passives: 7 to 9/9 if I remember correctly. So you won't be able to learn them with a brand new crafter.

About Dwemer armor, it's the single most difficult style to use because it requires a ton of Dwemer scrap which in turn means a ton of farming - or buying the frames, but they're expensive. So I advise you to choose something else.

Aye fair points forgot about the points in passives hahah, been a long long time.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• ogxfubar
    ogxfubar
    Thank you for the help.

Sorry; complete idiot here in my explaination but as slightly answered i was wanting to know about the farming of the style mats.

Deadra hearts, dwemer mats, ancient elf Mats etc.

I didn't know if the mats for these motifs were in vr1 areas.

Such as the dwarves dungeons, there is a dwarven delve near by to davons watch, but is this the only one until late/end game i will be able to enter and safely search for mats in at level 21?

My apologies I wasn't clearer in OP
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ogxfubar wrote: »
    Thank you for the help.

Sorry; complete idiot here in my explaination but as slightly answered i was wanting to know about the farming of the style mats.

Deadra hearts, dwemer mats, ancient elf Mats etc.

I didn't know if the mats for these motifs were in vr1 areas.

Such as the dwarves dungeons, there is a dwarven delve near by to davons watch, but is this the only one until late/end game i will be able to enter and safely search for mats in at level 21?

My apologies I wasn't clearer in OP

Ahhh ok, haha, well yeah you can only find higher end motif mats in vet areas, so yeah they are right about that.

Or buy them but they cost a bit:}

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• ogxfubar
    ogxfubar
    When you determine buy; these become available at the vendors once I learn to craft them? Or the guild traders?

Sorry fresh on the xbox one; my question is probably noob central 101 right now
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Primal and Barbaric stones drop in vet 1-5 areas, just like the motifs. Daedric and Ancient Elf drop in vet 6-10 areas. You can acquire them earlier by deconstucting looted items in these styles or buying from other players.

Dwemer scrap, used to make Dwemer frames, drops in all Dwemer dungeons. You can acquire it at any level.
    Edited by Rosveen on June 13, 2015 10:53AM
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ogxfubar wrote: »
    When you determine buy; these become available at the vendors once I learn to craft them? Or the guild traders?

Sorry fresh on the xbox one; my question is probably noob central 101 right now

Hehe don`t worry, we all started somewhere, even the elitists, (they must hate that:P)

Guild vendors will have anything of any level going in their store, irrespective of your level, if that makes sense, or whether you can craft or not.

Normal vendors no, you can get lower end mats from them, but tbh I would not bother buying from them, ever.

Find them yourself or buy them from guild stores, it will cost you less than buying them from vendors, they are robbers hahah.

The higher end mats for daedric/ancient elf etc are found either in high end vet areas or in guild stores. but they are expensive.

Well on PC they are

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• ogxfubar
    ogxfubar
    I appreciate all your help that has been provided. Everyone in elder scrolls is such a friendly bunch of folk :)

So now I understand farming mats; I just need the locations of all dwemer dungeons and dungeon delves.

Do anyone have a link to something of the sort?
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Dwemer_Ruins

Hmm, someone should update it with Craglorn delves.
    Edited by Rosveen on June 13, 2015 11:14AM
  • ogxfubar
    ogxfubar
    Absolutly wonderful chaps and chapesses :) i will endeavour to sit and grind these area till I get my dwemer scrap!

Thank you all again for answering my questions. It's appreciated