The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PS4 in game keyboard does not show up.. please fix this.

Stealthyzero13
Stealthyzero13
Soul Shriven
Hi, I have been trying to invite people to my guild and I can't because my in game keyboard will not pop up when I am prompted to enter their Online ID. I also tried making another character and I can't because the keyboard will not pop up so I can name my character. What is the deal with this? Worked fine yesterday.
  • Stealthyzero13
    Stealthyzero13
    Soul Shriven
    This is a huge game breaking bug... Noone knows how to fix this?
  • Nine-Eight-Nine
    Does restarting the game not work?
    Edited by Nine-Eight-Nine on June 12, 2015 6:31PM
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, @Stealthyzero13. Do you have a headset plugged into the controller? Try plugging it and trying again. There's some tips in this knowledgebase article that may help. Let us know and we'll investigate.
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Stealthyzero13
    Stealthyzero13
    Soul Shriven
    I do not have a headaet plugged into the controller. Using the Playstation gold awireless headset.
  • Stealthyzero13
    Stealthyzero13
    Soul Shriven
    Restarting the game doesn't work. I have also did a PS4 restart and a regular shut down. None of it is working.
  • Nine-Eight-Nine
    I did have something like this happen yesterday. I was trying to invite a friend to a group. When I clicked on enter ID nothing happened for about 30 seconds, the on screen keyboard then popped up. If you haven't already it might be worth clicking on the text bar and leaving it for a minute to see if the keyboard pops up.

Other than that if you have a USB keyboard, plug that into your PS4 and use that for now.
  • Stealthyzero13
    Stealthyzero13
    Soul Shriven
    I have tried clicking it and waiting for it to appear but i waited around 5 minutes with no luck. Any other ideas? I do not have a USB keyboard to use on it.
  • Zestoc
    Zestoc
    Soul Shriven
    I had this happen to me a few times. The bugger wouldn't show up at all. I waited a few minutes as well, but nothing happened.

The way I ended up getting it fixed each time was canceling text entry, pressing the Home button and then jumping right back into the game and trying again. It's worked every time for me so far, but I can understand how that could get annoying. I hope it works for you until they get it fixed.
    PSN ID: Zestoc

Argonian Templar - Healer/DPS
  • Stealthyzero13
    Stealthyzero13
    Soul Shriven
    I have tried going to the home screen as well...no luck unfortunately.