Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Having a hard time staying the same level as my quests

cantthink9
cantthink9
Soul Shriven
I am level 8 1/2 now and the only quests I have are 9 and 2 10s. I dont really want to do quests that arent my level, and running around just looking for quests isnt working out so well. any advice?
  • cantthink9
    cantthink9
    Soul Shriven
    I also noticed I do not have a Main quest anymore, only 3 stonefalls quests
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing you are a console player, so I can't suggest addons. But since each zone if done completely will overlevel you, then it's clear you are missing content. Random running hasn't helped, so I'd consider searching online to look for complete maps showing all possible sites/skyshards, etc and then compare them to your in-game map to see what you might not have gotten.

Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couple things.. did you skip the starter islands? It may be why you are ahead. I was always 1-2 levels above the quests. On my alts, I am 5-10 above, getting only quest turn in XP, because I took them to Cyrodiil.

About the main questline, the Prophet appears to you when he has a mission. If you complete it, the main questline disappears until he has another mission for you. Pretty sure that always happened on the 5s, so you are probably need to level to 15 to get his next summons.

Which faction are you playing?
    Edited by Darlgon on June 12, 2015 6:41PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • cantthink9
    cantthink9
    Soul Shriven
    I have no idea if i skipped the starter island. I started the game and followed the quests they had me doing lol i mean i started the game on starter island didnt I?
  • cantthink9
    cantthink9
    Soul Shriven
    im currently in bal foyen so if theres a way i can getvback to these starter islands let me know, because its annoying trying to figure out what I did wrong when ive only been following what ive been given
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cantthink9 wrote: »
    i mean i started the game on starter island didnt I?
    Nope, you didn't. When you left that first building, there was a quest giver right outside that door that has a quest that gets you to the starter island, which has plenty of quests.
    smile.gif

• Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do not start on the starter islands. You start in the main city of the first zone for your alliance. Someone nearby should give you a quest to go to the starter islands, but it can be skipped.

You used to start on the starter islands, but they tend to have a slow pace so now they're optional.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • cantthink9
    cantthink9
    Soul Shriven
    Bleh well that completely messed me up, I thought I have been picking up every single quest around me but appareantly not. I dont even remember how to get to my starting zone, so much running around ugh...
  • cantthink9
    cantthink9
    Soul Shriven
    so...is it possible to get back to the starter islands so i can catch up on what i missed?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can go back to where you were dropped off first and the quest giver should still be there ...
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cantthink9 wrote: »
    so...is it possible to get back to the starter islands so i can catch up on what i missed?
    As you're Ebonheart Pact what you'll need to do is go to Davon's Watch (the first city you started in at the East end of Stonefalls), and look for Riurik. He should be just a little bit outside Sadreno's house (the house that you first woke up inside). He'll give you a quest called A Beginning at Bleakrock, which will take you to Bleakrock Isle and begin the quests there. You may out-level the mobs there so that they no longer give you XP or loot, but it's still worth doing, as you'll still get full quest and exploration XP, and you'll be able to collect the sky shards to get skill points.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • mdhammond
    mdhammond
    ✭✭✭
    Just go grind some monsters to level up a bit. I've played every class and can easily handle monsters two levels above with all of them and the exp isn't bad
  • HerculesGL
    Same thing happened to me. I pushed west from Davins watch (EP) and all the quests were level 10+ compared to my mere level of 8
    I back tracked ( thanks to the helpful folk on these forums) and realised I had missed The Starter Islands and Bally Foyal.