Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there a way to go back to Cold Harbor after you escape the wailing prison?

Luna6
Luna6
Soul Shriven
Is there a way to go back to Cold Harbor after you escape the wailing prison? I saw a map that showed there are 15 skyshards on the CH island and I want to go back and get them. Did that make sense or am I all confused about locations in the game? :/

Best Answers

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eventually you do go back, but it's much higher level.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Answer ✓
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, you will get back there in time, not just right after you left for the first time.
    You've got your soul to claim back, after all. But first you'll have to save the world before you can save yourself...
    Answer ✓
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    The Wailing Prison, in Cold Harbour, is just the starting point of your journey. When you finish the main storyline in the last zone of your faction, there will be a quest that takes you to the Hollow City (also located in Cold Harbour), where you will finish the final set of main story quests re: Molag Bal. Once you return to Coldharbour, you will have access to that whole map and its sky shards! It's one of my favorite zones.

Alternative: You also have the option to travel to Cold Harbour sooner than the storyline would take you there. Simply have a friend who already has access to Cold Harbour, travel to the way shrine there so you can teleport to him/her. However, IMO, if this is your first main character, I feel it's better to wait and do the storyline quests in sequence. On my 2nd, 3rd and other alt characters, I chose to level them quickly and use the "teleport to friend" option to Cold Harbour at lower levels just so I had complete access a lot sooner.

Cheers! Enjoy your journey! :smile:
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
    Answer ✓
  • Luna6
    Luna6
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks ... I hate loose ends. haha
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luna6 wrote: »
    Is there a way to go back to Cold Harbor after you escape the wailing prison? I saw a map that showed there are 15 skyshards on the CH island and I want to go back and get them. Did that make sense or am I all confused about locations in the game? :/

You can't get those CH skyshards at the beginning, they're only collectable later in the game close to the end of the main quest.
    smile.gif
  • Luna6
    Luna6
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks everyone.